Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

A meeting between Nurse Bronagh and the Hospital Matron would go something like this ……

Matron : ’’ Nurse Bronagh, I’m getting worried about you. You haven’t had a day off in months, and all the other orthopaedic patients say you haven’t been to see them even once, no physiotherapy, no bed-sore treatment, no nappy-pad changing, no ass-wiping, nothing.’’
    ‘ Bronagh : ‘’But Matron, Dan needs me on a 24/7 basis, I’m taking him on a journey to recovery, and besides his love life is complicated, and he needs me to sort it out, using my years of medical training’’
    Matron: ‘’But how do you know anything about a patient’s private life?’’
    B ronagh : ‘’Ah, sure that’s easy. He has only two visitors ,and they talk openly in front of me, there’s absolutely no secrets that I don’t know about Dan, or his visitors. And anyway, I had a half hour off last week, when Dan asked me to go and see if his visitors are shagging each other.’’
    Matron : ‘’And are they shagging?’’
    Bronagh : ‘’Like rabbits, Matron’’
    Matron : ‘’Yes, well, I can understand why you would go looking into matters like that. After all, a patient’s love-life is of paramount importance to his medical treatment. And sure it’s all part of a nurse’s duty. But, if you wouldn’t mind checking on the other patients once in a while…..’’
    Bronagh : ‘’But Matron, there are no other patients here. No other beds, no other wards, and the doctor only appears once every few months. Sure we have the place to ourselves’’
    Matron : ‘’Hush, Nurse. You know that, I know that, even those interfering boll*xes on Boards.ie know that. But we can’t have Minister Leo finding out’’
    Bronagh : ‘’Don’t worry, Matron, I’ll be too busy giving dirty looks to those two fcukers to contact the HSE’’
    Matron : ‘’Very well, Nurse. You just carry on as you’re doing, and we’ll say no more about it. After all, the sooner we get Dan healed , the sooner we can get Wayne Junior back into that bed. I really miss his Ma’s over-acting. ….Oh, and there’s a breast-cancer patient who needs medical treatment too, but she’ll just have to wait. As you know, minor ear infections come first. Anyway, thank you for taking so much time away from your patient. I do appreciate it’’
    Bronagh : ‘’Not at all, Matron, you’re welcome. I better go now, I see Carol coming, and as always, the other greasy-headed hoor will be only a few minutes behind her. I have to go and listen to their private never-ending conversation, and butt in every so often. A nurse’s work is never done………’’
    ………………………………………………

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Strazdas wrote: »
    I thought Dan sold the Station to Robbie just before the explosion, hence Robbie having the keys to the place and being able to lock Carol and Yvonne in the cellar?

Did Dan not sign it over to Caoimhe to manage, give her power of attorney or something (not sure of the wording)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

The only thing worse than watching Fair City is checking out the Fair City fans twitter page. The genius behind that treat's it like the West Wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Dan not sign it over to Caoimhe to manage, give her power of attorney or something (not sure of the wording)

I thought he told Carol or Yvonne he was leaving Carrigstown permanently and was selling up to Robbie, hence Robbie running the place on the day of the gas explosion? Also Robbie has been there constantly since that day, and we saw Caoimhe asking him for a pay rise a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This Paul/Dermish story is just another rehash of their previous spats. Now we have weeks of them arguing over a rental space.... Dire. After several weeks of bitter fights they will meet up for a pint in McCoy's. No hard feelings...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Is Dan going to go all Tommy Dillon psycho & try to take revenge on all those who've lied to him from his wheelchair,like some kind of transformer machine??

MelanieC wrote: »
    Is Dan going to go all Tommy Dillon psycho & try to take revenge on all those who've lied to him from his wheelchair,like some kind of transformer machine??

They've made a bit a mess of his character. When he first arrived, he was the strong alpha male type, not afraid to assert his authority and give people orders. It's a bit odd to see him as paranoid and needy, that's nothing like his original character on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Woe is back blonder and posher - she could give Chas a run for his money with the pseudo posh accent

Woe is back blonder and posher - she could give Chas a run for his money with the pseudo posh accent

Jo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

walshb wrote: »
    Jo?

And with a high-pitched irritating cackle at the end of every sentence

• Advertisement

And with a high-pitched irritating cackle at the end of every sentence

It's a 3 way tie with her, sourpuss and Jennifer Aniston (aka Orla) as FCs most insufferable actress.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He did indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

He did indeed.

Yet Caoimhe had to work extra hours when Robbie told her to & had to ask him for a raise so HE must be HER boss??? I don't follow....

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yet Caoimhe had to work extra hours when Robbie told her to & had to ask him for a raise so HE must be HER boss??? I don't follow....

I'm sure I remember a dramatic "I'm leaving Carrigstown" announcement from Dan to Carol or Yvonne and he revealing he had sold the Station to Robbie.....this would have been a week or two before the explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm sure I remember a dramatic "I'm leaving Carrigstown" announcement from Dan to Carol or Yvonne and he revealing he had sold the Station to Robbie.....this would have been a week or two before the explosion.

Ah, they're all suffering amnesia after the explosion, that must be it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

coolhull wrote: »
    A meeting between Nurse Bronagh and the Hospital Matron would go something like this ……

Matron : ’’ Nurse Bronagh, I’m getting worried about you. You haven’t had a day off in months, and all the other orthopaedic patients say you haven’t been to see them even once, no physiotherapy, no bed-sore treatment, no nappy-pad changing, no ass-wiping, nothing.’’
    ‘ Bronagh : ‘’But Matron, Dan needs me on a 24/7 basis, I’m taking him on a journey to recovery, and besides his love life is complicated, and he needs me to sort it out, using my years of medical training’’
    Matron: ‘’But how do you know anything about a patient’s private life?’’
    B ronagh : ‘’Ah, sure that’s easy. He has only two visitors ,and they talk openly in front of me, there’s absolutely no secrets that I don’t know about Dan, or his visitors. And anyway, I had a half hour off last week, when Dan asked me to go and see if his visitors are shagging each other.’’
    Matron : ‘’And are they shagging?’’
    Bronagh : ‘’Like rabbits, Matron’’
    Matron : ‘’Yes, well, I can understand why you would go looking into matters like that. After all, a patient’s love-life is of paramount importance to his medical treatment. And sure it’s all part of a nurse’s duty. But, if you wouldn’t mind checking on the other patients once in a while…..’’
    Bronagh : ‘’But Matron, there are no other patients here. No other beds, no other wards, and the doctor only appears once every few months. Sure we have the place to ourselves’’
    Matron : ‘’Hush, Nurse. You know that, I know that, even those interfering boll*xes on Boards.ie know that. But we can’t have Minister Leo finding out’’
    Bronagh : ‘’Don’t worry, Matron, I’ll be too busy giving dirty looks to those two fcukers to contact the HSE’’
    Matron : ‘’Very well, Nurse. You just carry on as you’re doing, and we’ll say no more about it. After all, the sooner we get Dan healed , the sooner we can get Wayne Junior back into that bed. I really miss his Ma’s over-acting. ….Oh, and there’s a breast-cancer patient who needs medical treatment too, but she’ll just have to wait. As you know, minor ear infections come first. Anyway, thank you for taking so much time away from your patient. I do appreciate it’’
    Bronagh : ‘’Not at all, Matron, you’re welcome. I better go now, I see Carol coming, and as always, the other greasy-headed hoor will be only a few minutes behind her. I have to go and listen to their private never-ending conversation, and butt in every so often. A nurse’s work is never done………’’
    ………………………………………………

Brilliant! :D

I thought Dan sold up to Greasy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Prepare to have the life sucked out of you next week as the Dan saga gets even more depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I see Morgan the racist chap that was on FC showed up on Redrock on last weeks episodes just gone.
    Wasn't he killed off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Prepare to have the life sucked out of you next week as the Dan saga gets even more depressing.

Its a dire storyline I wish they could rush the end and get the nurse to overdose Dan on morphine tonight , funeral Tuesday night and never mention Dan again .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Dan as a baby.....

LloQjp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Dan as a baby.....

LloQjp

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Dan as a baby.....

LloQjp

I put that exact post up a few days back (post 1227) but I will forgive you because it is very apt!! :D

copycat300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

oh gawd!!! Beyond over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

STIG83 wrote: »
    I see Morgan the racist chap that was on FC showed up on Redrock on last weeks episodes just gone.
    Wasn't he killed off?

Killed himself in prison while sharing a cell with Mick the gangster.

The glory days of FC!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Carol too robbie: "I've been looking for a man like you for years"

Gag!

Fingers fcuking crossed that me ma has made her final fooking decision to join maxi pad in Oz.

Now all we need is the Greasy-Caddle-Quiver lip story to be done by the summer and we're sorted.

Paula to Dean: "The state of you".....Well, good fcuking morning to you too, Paula!

Apologies for the expletives. I am censoring (disguising) them.

Carol too robbie: "I've been looking for a man like you for years"

Gag!

I give them two months!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

ooooh Dan you sly aul fecker you!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Dan as a baby.....

LloQjp

Greasy as a baby...

stock-photo-cute-baby-boy-with-long-hair-23028619.jpg

Caddle as a baby

Cute-asian-girl-smoking-parenting-fail.jpg

Dean as a baby...

1946623661.jpg

Bob as a baby

stock-photo-boy-sweeping-brush-happy-childhood-and-rest-concept-209162572.jpg

Niamh as a baby... (note the christmas tree lights......)

8532193-pretty-red-haired-little-girl-wearing-red-dress-sitting-in-front-of-christmas-tree-with-colorful-lights.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^^ brilliant :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement