Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

First scene.................. Dan sulking
    Last scene.................Dan sulking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think Dan is employed by FC for his lips, they're what I focus on when he's on- screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

coolhull wrote: »
    Last scene.................Dan sulking

Dan's smile............................. RIP

soaps-fair-city-061114-4.jpg

Dan's smile............................. RIP

soaps-fair-city-061114-4.jpg

Haha! Where did you find that?, that's a collectors item.!

Greasy took off his belt and left it there for Dan to use....FFS, Dan is paralysed. Whats he supposed to do with the belt? Do a session of 50 Shades of Grey with Nurse Bronagh? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Greasy took off his belt and left it there for Dan to use....FFS, Dan is paralysed. Whats he supposed to do with the belt? Do a session of 50 Shades of Grey with Nurse Bronagh? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL LOL,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could be his next physio session :p

• Registered Users Posts: 49 softkitty

What was dan saying to robbie about been a baby he mumbled a bit so didnt catch most of what he was saying

softkitty wrote: »
    What was dan saying to robbie about been a baby he mumbled a bit so didnt catch most of what he was saying

Lips. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Dan is going to be begging to be let out of that room soon

misery-624x422.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,225 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Can Dan please decide what he's going to do and stop paining us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Can Dan please decide what he's going to do and stop paining us!

No! Fair city like to put us through the pain of indecisiveness of all the cast, on matters we don't care about. Me daaaaa for instance last week; 'I'm going max' 'I'm staying here with me maaaaaa' 'I'm going' 'I don't know if I'm going yet' 'I'm going with ya' so on, so forth

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Myself and my aunt were watching FC last night and as soon as Dan came on screen she said "ahhh no not this sour puss again" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

1. Are we to take it that Dan has no brothers, sisters, parents, guardians, cousins, aunt, uncles etc?

2. Do hospital visitors never bring oranges or grapes anymore?

3. Is Carrigstown General Hospital and Centre of Excellence the only hospital in the country with nobody on a trolley?

4. Dan threatened at one point that he'd get Bronagh to throw Robbie out if he didn't stop annoying him ..........so does Bronagh double as security as well?

5. Will there be a spin off series starring Bronagh in a prequel (a la Better Call Saul)?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Was I right in thinking that the nurses station in the hospital is the same place as the waiting area in the medical centre. The only thing that was missing was the Nusssssssssssss and Dr Jim.

JillyQ wrote: »
    Was I right in thinking that the nurses station in the hospital is the same place as the waiting area in the medical centre. The only thing that was missing was the Nusssssssssssss and Dr Jim.

Yeah, I think its the same. The HSE decided it was a waste not to use it as SuperDoc and Nussie do all their more important medical work in the park and local pubs and chip-shops and therefore have on furthering need of it.
    Minister Leo has already had high-level meetings with the residents to see if the local recycling centre, the water-treatment plant and the Carrigstown cattle mart can be put to use as Centres of Medical Excellence. A report is expected shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

is Aunt Kitty in good form these days? :)

Any one else think Robbie looks like he lives in a basement or a celler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hey did anyone see the night Laura was in the Car with the Journalist, I thought it was really funny cause I spotted that her tax and insurance discs were out of date, they were like November and December 2014 but then later on they went back to them in the car and the disc had changed to January 2016.

Oh and Dan's a terrible actor, hes got the same facial expression the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Any one else think Robbie looks like he lives in a basement or a celler

Listen to him exhale loudly through his nose after every sentence.
    Anyone spot him in Batman Begins or Peaky Blinders?

• Advertisement

Do all journalists act as cliche as Nina???????

"I have my sources"

"I have got a lead"

"I have a deadline"

"This is important, I really need to take this call"

"I can't dictate my hours Laura in my job"

"I don't choose my stories, Laura, they choose me"

I mean ffs, what drivel. Then she walks around with a bic biro and a few a4 pages and does stakeouts interviewing everyone that walks within 5 metres of her.........

keep-calm-and-drop-the-cliches.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Doctor Jim is at war with vikings now!

Her cliche behaviour Kind of reminds me of this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHun58mz3vI

Does the nurse live at the hosptial she's always on duty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Does the nurse live at the hosptial she's always on duty

She's there at night time too as well as day time :D

Strazdas wrote: »
    She's there at night time too as well as day time :D

My mother said she does the day & night shift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Hitchens wrote: »
    1. Are we to take it that Dan has no brothers, sisters, parents, guardians, cousins, aunt, uncles etc?
    :P
    Dan needs to join a support group for all those in FC who have absolutely no family members. He could organise meetings with the likes of
    Orla, who got married, had a baby and not a sign of a parent/sibling/cousin.......
    Caddle has had a lifetime of drama and again never a mention of a Ma/Da/sister/brother.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Whens the last time an episode didn't open with Dan's face?

jos28 wrote: »
    Dan needs to join a support group for all those in FC who have absolutely no family members. He could organise meetings with the likes of
    Orla, who got married, had a baby and not a sign of a parent/sibling/cousin.......
    Caddle has had a lifetime of drama and again never a mention of a Ma/Da/sister/brother.......

Except Orla is cousins with Niamh

• Advertisement

Whens the last time an episode didn't open with Dan's face?

I heard it was this one... although rumour is that was a young (and comparitively blissfully happy) Dan delivering the papers. A young Nina used to get inspired from the early editions of the free Carrigstown paper, with its musings on community games, death notices and jobs section. It made her want to be a journalist, but more importantly, a better person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCgXxs8rT4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement