Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

I heard it was this one... although rumour is that was a young (and comparitively blissfully happy) Dan delivering the papers. A young Nina used to get inspired from the early editions of the free Carrigstown paper, with its musings on community games, death notices and jobs section. It made her want to be a journalist, but more importantly, a better person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCgXxs8rT4

Charlie without the posh accent, Paul with hair, Brian Murray's missus looking hot, the original community centre, Northern Presbyterians running the pub, a Lada taxi, real houses on set and Rita selling rotten tomatoes.

Ahhhh nostalgia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Charlie without the posh accent, Paul with hair, Brian Murray's missus looking hot, the original community centre, Northern Presbyterians running the pub, a Lada taxi, real houses on set and Rita selling rotten tomatoes.

Ahhhh nostalgia.

Brian Murrays missus??

Brian Murrays missus??

Yes, Jack Flynn's lust interest.

BM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

http://www.rte.ie/ten/features/television/soaps-storylines/2015/0402/691411-fair-city/

The Garda Station is now located in the spar shop!!!!!!

Looks like no end to the Dan drama yet....................

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_City
    In 2015, after a gas explosion in The Station Bars cellar, a hospitalised Dan, a man with a zest for life and a cheerful disposition, is taken care of by a local one room Rehabilitation Centre, situated beside The Station as he struggles to fight the extents of his injuries. He is provided 24 hour care, 7 days a week by a nurse called Bronagh who acts strictly professionally and despite the jokes and antics of serial messer Dan, fails to get close to him or invade on his nor his guests privacy. Dan's performance as a "never give up", selfless charmer has been praised by his producers and the RTE Guide as one of the best comedic performances in the soaps 25 years. When asked to comment upon how long Dan's ailments will continue, producers were vague in answering but did promise for plenty of twists and turns ahead. "Essentially we have the bed and the wheelchair on a 5 year contract and the actress who plays Bronagh, well we are currently looking about getting her an hour or two off on a Sunday so as that we can keep her as Dan's primary carer for that period. It's a journey for Dan, and as we all know good journeys never come to an end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Thanks for that, just deleted Fair City from my record list. No offence to the actors but this story line is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

I just spat coffee all over my keyboard...Hilarious.

I just spat coffee all over my keyboard...Hilarious.

Me too. That post should have come with a warning. :D

Its still on wiki too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

There's no FC tonight :( my weekend is ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

the jokes and antics of serial messer Dan,

Ha

• Advertisement

Ok, I admit, it was me! But think of the fun you could have with that Wiki thread! It should be in the hands of the fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Speaking of families when Niamh was first in Fc with her mam Gina didn't she live in a housefull of kids, all squashed round the kitchen table, now there's only her, Sean and Mondos ex that lives in England, where did all the others disappear to.

Further details about Nina's role updated on Fair City page...
    Later that year, following a tip off from Carol Foley that bronagh doesn't even get a "bleedin' fag break", a journalist called Nina enters Carrigstown to investigate a serious allegation of work malpractice where nurses don't even get a minute off work. Nina works undercover, failing to give away any semblance of her profession to none-the-wiser residents as she doesn't act like your cliche journalist at all....... There are no mention of "sources", "leads", "deadlines" or "tipoffs" in her daily dialogue and the residents just think she is just one of those run of the mill people who just turn up out of nowhere one day and for the next four months you cannot walk through the park, the local spar or the chipper without bumping into them, as is the norm in Carrigstown. Nina even goes so far as to keep an ever changing insurance disc in her car to hide her true identity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Wait when was the last episode of FC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Wait when was the last episode of FC?

You mean someone has put it out of its misery?? :D

Beechfiled wrote: »
    Speaking of families when Niamh was first in Fc with her mam Gina didn't she live in a housefull of kids, all squashed round the kitchen table, now there's only her, Sean and Mondos ex that lives in England, where did all the others disappear to.

Weekend trip to Cork. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jadaol

Ok, I admit, it was me! But think of the fun you could have with that Wiki thread! It should be in the hands of the fans!

That's very funny. Should think of a few more.
    Something to do with the never ending story lines, full on for 2 months then dropped abruptly with no resolution -
    neil's depressive supposedly nearly suicidal state - he got a job in cork all resolved?
    junior's ear infection - in your face hysterics for 2 months with promise of more to come - all grand now?

The constant going back and forth with the same story line - i am going, i amn't, i do love you, i don't love you, i hate you charlotte, she's my best friend why aren't you nice to her, i hate you ma (jane), i need a favour. Sometimes several times in the same episode. It's so bad.

It's like the writers are block booked just like the actors and they have a bit of a jist what happened before. Either that or everyone who works there is schizophrenic

And extras have only recently been allowed speak at all? - a couple of words only, but better than nodding heads

The one good thing about eastenders (there's more than 1 but) is it has stories tick along and build. They finish stories off. They have other people just like in normal life, come into the mix even if it's just a day and play a role

Good job on it anyhow. I think something should be written for the junior hysterics. I had to keep reminding myself that he hadn't a brain tumour
    And the medical history nonsense wtf?

Now i'm calm....

Jadaol wrote: »
    That's very funny. Should think of a few more.
    Something to do with the never ending story lines, full on for 2 months then dropped abruptly with no resolution -
    neil's depressive supposedly nearly suicidal state - he got a job in cork all resolved?
    junior's ear infection - in your face hysterics for 2 months with promise of more to come - all grand now?

The constant going back and forth with the same story line - i am going, i amn't, i do love you, i don't love you, i hate you charlotte, she's my best friend why aren't you nice to her, i hate you ma (jane), i need a favour. Sometimes several times in the same episode. It's so bad.

It's like the writers are block booked just like the actors and they have a bit of a jist what happened before. Either that or everyone who works there is schizophrenic

And extras have only recently been allowed speak at all? - a couple of words only, but better than nodding heads

The one good thing about eastenders (there's more than 1 but) is it has stories tick along and build. They finish stories off. They have other people just like in normal life, come into the mix even if it's just a day and play a role

Good job on it anyhow. I think something should be written for the junior hysterics. I had to keep reminding myself that he hadn't a brain tumour
    And the medical history nonsense wtf?

Now i'm calm....

Even I don't think I could do justice to that story with a parody review.... I could try. But the real parody is in the viewing (not that I could recommend seeing it again to anyone who values their hearing/sanity

Even I don't think I could do justice to that story with a parody review.... I could try. But the real parody is in the viewing (not that I could recommend seeing it again to anyone who values their hearing/sanity

You forgot about dolores breast cancer no mention of it for weeks now

JillyQ wrote: »
    You forgot about dolores breast cancer no mention of it for weeks now

She's waiting on the bed in Carrigstown General.

• Advertisement

She's waiting on the bed in Carrigstown General.

& for super nussssssssssssss and dr to return

Is the nussss the record holder for the speedy processing from being an illegal immigrant to getting her paperwork sorted and all being well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Love the wiki page from United Chester man! :D ... Although I do think you give them too much credibility!

Love the wiki page from United Chester man! :D ... Although I do think you give them too much credibility!

Trust me, I only done the final two paragraphs! No doubt they will be deleted soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Is it taken down? I read all through it and can't find the 'update'. Love it BTW!

happyday wrote: »
    Is it taken down? I read all through it and can't find the 'update'. Love it BTW!

Yeah, tis gone. Nina must have heard about it through her "sources" and informed her bosses.

I do hope FC's opening scene has Dan in it tonight.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

I do hope FC's opening scene has Dan in it tonight.

;)

:(

What a scoop by Nina...................... top of her game

• Advertisement

Dan!!!!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement