Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Hate Laura and really hate Nina. Don't know why FC thinks they have to do this. I like the Dan storyline but yeah maybe its dragged out too long but its a good plot and Bronagh I like, think she is good character, caring about poor Dan more than Carol or Dan's old army friend.

Bronagh, the 24 hour a day 7 days a week nurse who invades on patients love life and that of his visitors and in about a dozen scenes of her many has walked in and just stared and smiled as Dan sleeps/sulks in a sinister manner and quotes movie lines as motivational methods is a parody of a character! Talk about shoving her down our neck! A proper rehab nurse would not get emotionaly involved with a patient, she isnt a psychologist! Dans story could have been good if it wasnt drawn out over 4 months with little progression, if it wasn't featured in every second scene for said 4 months, if it made sense why Dan is so jealous of Caddle and Robbie to the point of suicide, if it contained more than 4 characters over the 4 months. This block storytelling destroys FC plots, it is the biggest no no for soaps.

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Yvonne;s sister - cant even remember her name but wish I could forget her face, same face all the time thinking she is it. She isn't. rushing back into the café to snog Suddenly Grey@ desperate is the word:rolleyes:

Dhe doesnt seem to have any personality whatsoever? And all the various recasts of her character are completely different characters. Look entirely different and act entirely different. No sense of continuity at all. You cant even joke about her character she is so dull and forgetful. And dressing her in that one black dress the whole time takes away one thing she has got going, her looks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Whatever about Louise's character she is damn easy on the eye. So authentically stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »
    Whatever about Louise's character she is damn easy on the eye. So authentically stunning!

Where did this whole Louise and Leo's son romance come from? No lead up or spark between the two of them...unusual for Fair City as we all know they just drag stories out for weeks and months (think Kerri-Anne & Decco, Laura & Channel 7s lead reporter April O Neill, and it looks like Jackie & Pete are about to reach their climax)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Bronagh, the 24 hour a day 7 days a week nurse who invades on patients love life and that of his visitors and in about a dozen scenes of her many has walked in and just stared and smiled as Dan sleeps/sulks in a sinister manner and quotes movie lines as motivational methods is a parody of a character! Talk about shoving her down our neck! A proper rehab nurse would not get emotionaly involved with a patient, she isnt a psychologist! Dans story could have been good if it wasnt drawn out over 4 months with little progression, if it wasn't featured in every second scene for said 4 months, if it made sense why Dan is so jealous of Caddle and Robbie to the point of suicide, if it contained more than 4 characters over the 4 months. This block storytelling destroys FC plots, it is the biggest no no for soaps.

I could understand Dan being suicidal over being paralysed but certainly *not* over Carol's relationship with Robbie. Since when is he supposed to be so emotionally needy? When he first arrived, he was the strong alpha male type, an ex-Army man and quite confident and independent and besides he hardly even knows Carol.

• Advertisement

I missed Fair City last night do I need to watch it? anything happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

ya you should watch it to see the fight between kerri ann and deccos girlfriend, was funny but besides that it was crap

Genuinely the only thing different that hasn't been shoved in our face time and time again is that Sure look it got a contract for her laundrette ........ .......... With a second hand shop......... . It waa just another episode of Dan sulking, Bronagh working/stalking and licking her lips over dans misery, Nina being reluctant to tell the whole world how she makes her cash to pay for her insurance, Dean chopping tomatoes and telling anyone who would listen to him (Louise Version 3 last night) about how much of a buzz fighting is and that by doing it he is inadvertently saving starving children in Africa, preventing terrorism and curing aids and ebola bictims so he should not be looked down on and finally, in keeping with the theme of looking down on people, we once again saw Deco and Dermo both follow around and be bullied around by their respective partners like kids on a shopping trip, albeit one kid with a goatee and a mini Todd Grimshaw inspector gadget jacket and the other with a Fred perry tshirt and a miserable face that would give Bronagh a hard on.

Genuinely the only thing different that hasn't been shoved in our face time and time again is that Sure look it got a contract for her laundrette ........ .......... With a second hand shop......... . It waa just another episode of Dan sulking, Bronagh working/stalking and licking her lips over dans misery, Nina being reluctant to tell the whole world how she makes her cash to pay for her insurance, Dean chopping tomatoes and telling anyone who would listen to him (Louise Version 3 last night) about how much of a buzz fighting is and that by doing it he is inadvertently saving starving children in Africa, preventing terrorism and curing aids and ebola bictims so he should not be looked down on and finally, in keeping with the theme of looking down on people, we once again saw Deco and Dermo both follow around and be bullied around by their respective partners like kids on a shopping trip, albeit one kid with a goatee and a mini Todd Grimshaw inspector gadget jacket and the other with a Fred perry tshirt and a miserable face that would give Bronagh a hard on.

That post double posted but I think it merits the double inclusion to safe warrant that noone puts themselves through the indecency of watching not only tonights episode but also last nights. Two episodes in one day would lead you to the happy house with Tommy Dillon.

I swear i dont know why we do it. Dont they say the definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but keep expecting different results. It is a very apt description to justify us keeping tuning in! We must all be literally insane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does anyone remember Dean and Tracy. i thought they were a really good couple. Like why is Dean acting like hes in love with Louise, its really weird, hes barely known her 5 minutes.

fin12 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Dean and Tracy. i thought they were a really good couple. Like why is Dean acting like hes in love with Louise, its really weird, hes barely known her 5 minutes.

Perhaps tomatoes are an aphrodisiac........ or Louise Version 3 sees a lot of her father in Dean......

I mean...

Look at their hair...

00031870-720.jpg

soaps-fair-city-290315-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Nina and Laura go on a date to sit outside the pub on a windy night, strange to say the least.

As for Dean he needs to drop the Ken Shamrock role, I'd say he wouldn't bate snow off a rope.

Good to see Kerri Ann and Decco get together though, dreary Frank and his 1960's haircut would put years on ya, they should hook him up with the virgin nurse Ama.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Frank has been in FC for years with one or two line roles everytime someone was arrested.

Methinks he'll be doing well to go back to that role.

Seeing Louise fall for Dean so pathetically is all we need. As if Dean isn't arrogant enough already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

A good storyline would have been for the local well respected Garda to rape kerri ann or frame Decco for a serious crime but I guess it would cause too much of a stir.

No Dan in the opening scene again tonight. :(

Charlie has his northside accent out today. his posh accent is on a break.

Whisper it quietly........... we could be looking at a Dan free episode...........................

Oh, we are back to the Kerri Ann acting like a r£tard stuff.

Carrie Crowley is beautiful.

Paula to Leo..... "The best thing is to get back up on top of the horse as soon as possible"
    Leo....... "I agree, I'll give carol a call.."
    Paula..... "No, I mean me, I want to be the horse..."

• Advertisement

Charlie has his northside accent out today. his posh accent is on a break.

Whisper it quietly........... we could be looking at a Dan free episode...........................

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mumbles, Carrie Crowley, Pete, Dolly, Wayne, Charlie Bunnion, cas....... I swear I actually missed these characters through Miseryguts "journey" this last few months....

Charlie's relationship with Zoe is very concerning.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Looks like a major cast change coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

And it's a hat trick for Waterford!!
    3 Waterford actors in an episode:
    Dermot
    Dean
    Jackie

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

the guarda's acting is outstanding.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Looks like a major cast change coming up.

Lest we forget......

Emotional Scenes in Rehab last night when Bronagh declares to Dan she has to take a day off..

soaps-fair-city-150415-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Looks like they're giving all Yvonne's lines to Louise now.

Could they not use Eamon Morrissey a bit better than this. He is actually a good actor and playing the local tramp for 6 years has got a bit boring. Give him a story.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Looks like they're giving all Yvonne's lines to Louise now.

Yeah, she is a poor mans Yvonne tribute act.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement