Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Can Fair City not operate without 'lurve' triangles?
    Dan/Carol/Greasy
    Dolores/Pete/Jackie
    Decco/ Kerri-anne/Frank

Ffs, who's next?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

coolhull wrote: »
    Dan/Carol/Greasy
    Dolores/Pete/Jackie
    Decco/ Kerri-anne/Frank

Ffs, who's next?

Renae ,belle and charlie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dan/Carol/Greasy
    Dolores/Pete/Jackie
    Decco/ Kerri-anne/Frank

Ffs, who's next?

Love triangle compulsory in soaps

Ray/Renee/Jim maybe Bob so quadrangle :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Dan/Carol/Greasy
    Dolores/Pete/Jackie
    Decco/ Kerri-anne/Frank

Ffs, who's next?

Don't forget....

Eps-170-An-emotional-Charlie-opens-up-to-Cass-LR.jpg

00063f72-400.jpg

and weren't they hinting at this....

550w_faircity_125_1.jpg

And

Fair-City-Eps-51-Ray-fails-to-stop-putting-his-foot-in-it.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Overtontom wrote: »
    Hi! I'm just curious. Tried looking online but I can't find out anything. Does anyone know if "Dean" was the model they used for the marriage equality mural that was painted on George's St the other night? The mural is so beautiful.

Here's the original photo, so I don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Christ almighty how long more are they going to drag out this Decco/Kerri Ann story, just when it looked like it was going to finish up they turn Decco into a complete tosser.

We need a big fat FC wedding, let Kerri Anne and Decco be happy and bring back Decco's family for the it and introduce Kerri Anne's clan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We need a big fat FC wedding, let Kerri Anne and Decco be happy and bring back Decco's family for the it and introduce Kerri Anne's clan
    FC writers are always reluctant to introduce families to us. Dan has been languishing in hospital since last year and not one family member even rang to enquire about his health, or made any attempt to visit (not that there would've space in the ward, with Caddle, Greasy and Nurse 24/7 constantly on hand).
    When li'l One-Ear Junior was in hospital with a near -fatal childish infection, no grandma, aunt or uncle approached his Ma to see how he was (mind you, I wouldn't have been able to take her caterwauling either. I would have asked her to keep me updated by e-mail.)
    When Orla married Payne, and then give birth to Tommy's Li'l One -ear chiseller, again no relatives showed up.
    Dolly has been treated for some type of cap-wearing ailment for more than two months now, and nobody outside the street knows or cares,
    Poor ould Bob has been robbed, mugged, held at gun point, shot, (though all FC wounds are bloodless) and word never got out to the outside world.
    The list goes on and on....
    It would seem that what happens in Carrigstown, stays in Carrigstown. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Just caught up on FC.

I thought the Hayley exit was pretty weak. She genuinely seemed into Decco and seemed a more realistic obstacle to KA & Decco than Frank! Thought it would have proved trickier for her to disentangle herself, the cheating thing seemed an easy cop out to deal with the storyline but hey I wasn't a fan of hers, so who am I to complain really?!

I also agree with comments about Louise, poor imitation of Yvonne and lacks personality. She is such a negative, dreary sort of character. Her and Dean are a bit odd too, she's trying to change him from the outset, what kind of start is that?

Poor Leo, where's the doctor when you need him? Maybe he's in the surgery for a change! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

SoapFan27 wrote: »

I thought the Hayley exit was pretty weak. She genuinely seemed into Decco

Not as weak as her introduction and becoming Decco's GF, but yes, very weak was her exit!

Ha, I was slagging the Dan/Carol/Robbie story on twitter and Karl Shiels (Robbie) responded to me sarcastically on the defensive! Should I be scared of big bad Robbie and caddle hunting me down now !

And now Sam Atwell who played Kane in Home and Away and is presently a script writer for Fair City is not too happy with my slagging of the script and sent a smartass message to me!!! I told him to join us on the forum! Funny, I like Robbie as an actor and I like Kane in Home and away so it is hard to go too hard on either of them! I am just waiting for Dan and Bronagh now to get involved!

And Dan (Steve Gunn) has just favourited Kane's tweet to me!! God, I am starstruck now!!! Come on Bronagh, really make my day with a tweet!!

This is making my day!! Dean (Michael Sheehan) has now tweeted me!! I didn't even slag him yet! This is getting too easy! I don't know where to start with Deans character! Ps, anyone know in real lfe Michael Shhehan (Dean) was training to be a professional boxer/UFC fighter but got injured! Tghey really were imaginative with his present story, eh!! Should I mention the hideous hair or the tomatos to him................

In fairness, they are a tough bunch, the boys.............. Group bullys.....?? May be out of my depth.......... All I need now is Wayne to get involved...........

200px-Kane_Phillips.jpg

soaps-fair-city-190114-1.jpg

2014-08-05_new_2073526_I1.JPG

soaps-fair-city-030315-1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Cool!

Can you show us the tweets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Posh Charlie is back.

Carol back mixing with the oldies, she is better with them that Dan and Robbie :p

• Advertisement

Cool!

Can you show us the tweets?

just check out the respective lads' twitter accounts! I amn't linking my personal account on a boards age! Nothing much said tbh but just a few smartass replies to me like "I love the way you write" when I slagged the writing of the plots and Kane from Home and Away who is the script writer saying "By the sound of it you are an avid fan of the soap we all love"! There wasn't anything else really, Dean said I would love to see you do a better job and I told him I had some ideas to check out this forum for inspiration! And I just slagged things like Cliche Journalist Nina, Charlie and Cas hanging around ith 9 year old girl, the revolving, never ending storylines, Leo and Dougs body jerk acting, Orlas reaction to the kids' ear infection, the fact that Dan hasn't had any visitors from his family circle and Bronagh works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! I also applauded Dean's tomato chopping skills and he favourited it so I thik they saw the funny side of it.

Dull dan just sat there favouriting the lad's tweets. Didn't expect any thing exciting from him anyway!

Didn't hear from Orla but we all know what a huge star she is so that was also expected!

Just check out the lads replies on their twitter accounts

I deliberately counted the number of people in the pub. There were nine.
    Yet when Orla and Pete made their announcements, the cheer was as loud as the Hogan Stand on All-Ireland Sunday.

I deliberately counted the number of people in the pub. There were nine.
    Yet when Orla and Pete made their announcements, the cheer was as loud as the Hogan Stand on All-Ireland Sunday.

What announcements?! Dont tell me Pete and Bandana and Ears and Jennifer Aniston are all getting married........... inevitably on the same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Posh Charlie is back.

I thought he had a part in Hamlet tonight.

just check out the respective lads' twitter accounts! I amn't linking my personal account on a boards age! Nothing much said tbh but just a few smartass replies to me like "I love the way you write" when I slagged the writing of the plots and Kane from Home and Away who is the script writer saying "By the sound of it you are an avid fan of the soap we all love"! There wasn't anything else really, Dean said I would love to see you do a better job and I told him I had some ideas to check out this forum for inspiration! And I just slagged things like Cliche Journalist Nina, Charlie and Cas hanging around ith 9 year old girl, the revolving, never ending storylines, Leo and Dougs body jerk acting, Orlas reaction to the kids' ear infection, the fact that Dan hasn't had any visitors from his family circle and Bronagh works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! I also applauded Dean's tomato chopping skills and he favourited it so I thik they saw the funny side of it.

Dull dan just sat there favouriting the lad's tweets. Didn't expect any thing exciting from him anyway!

Didn't hear from Orla but we all know what a huge star she is so that was also expected!

Just check out the lads replies on their twitter accounts

Oh and that joke of a fan page on Facebook which thinks Fair City is an Emmy award winning drama and applauds everything the writers devise pitched in with.............. "Why are people always looking for the negative things to say"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The kitchen in Vinos - a chopping board, a knife, a kettle, and a few bowls.
    Hand in a fiver for a takeaway coffee and get no change. Sit at the worst table in any restaurant (by the door).

What announcements?! Dont tell me Pete and Bandana and Ears and Jennifer Aniston are all getting married........... inevitably on the same day!

Do you mean Wayne and Orla, they are already hitched

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you mean Wayne and Orla, they are already hitched

So what were the announcements..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Orla announced that Pete had something to say.

Pete announced the wedding was back on.

• Advertisement

I take it Esther has been buried off screen ages ago, did Charlie ever mention her funeral?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement