Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Dan still owns the Station as Caoimhe needs him to sign cheques

I'm sure Dan sold the Station to Robbie shortly before the accident. That's how Robbie had the keys to the place and Dan was leaving for good the day of the explosion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I think the girls who play Rachel,Charlotte and Katie are very good actors! !

Joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

desbrook wrote: »
    Gas how a few weeks back Jim couldn't go for a p*** without Bob being beside him. Now the son is around he's nowhere to be seen.....

Absolutely. But Carrigstown is such a big place. Maybe Bob's hiding out in the park, the really dark park!

I have been away for a week so please can someone catch me up

I saw last night episode

Orla know Jackie loves Pete?
    That new doctor is Bob's son?

as for the Irish oral exam everyone is laughing at what happened there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I have been away for a week so please can someone catch me up

I saw last night episode

Orla know Jackie loves Pete?
    That new doctor is Bob's son?

as for the Irish oral exam everyone is laughing at what happened there?

Orla walked in on Jackie and Pete having a moment in Dol's kitchen - they almost kissed. Pete went ahead and denied denied denied, Orla made out she might tell Dol (but didn't)
    New doc is Bob's son and Ama and Renee have put it together but Bob is MIA so it could be weeks before he gets to meet his son/nephew!
    Irish Oral - Rachel went in and was very nervous. Examiner asked her (as Gaeilge) about her family and Rachel (as Bearla) told her how screwed up they all are. She spoke maybe 7 words of Irish in total. It was like a little breakdown, the scripting was horrid and the acting was worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Didn't "howiya meouse" and her gang disappear off the scene very quickly? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Hitchens wrote: »
    Didn't "howiya meouse" and her gang disappear off the scene very quickly? :D

Yeah,I thought that Amanda one said she was going to get Rachel back for getting her sacked?? She's taking her sweet time about it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yeah,I thought that Amanda one said she was going to get Rachel back for getting her sacked?? She's taking her sweet time about it.....
    Revenge is a dish best served cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's gas Niamh is so bothered about Rachel not doing enough study, I remember when she was doing the LC the bould Barry O Hanlon was giving her grinds of a different kind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

It's gas Niamh is so bothered about Rachel not doing enough study, I remember when she was doing the LC the bould Barry O Hanlon was giving her grinds of a different kind.

Barry should be due for release soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

It's gas seeing that woman who is tipping 30 prancing around in a school uniform

Barry should be due for release soon.

True, I think he went down for manslaughter so one would imagine he should be out soon.

I'd say he was a well behaved prisoner, couldn't see him taking a shank to anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

It's gas seeing that woman who is tipping 30 prancing around in a school uniform

The lengths FC actors are asked to go to for the cause of their art. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm sure Dan sold the Station to Robbie shortly before the accident. That's how Robbie had the keys to the place and Dan was leaving for good the day of the explosion.

I thought Dan decided not to sell and instead made Caoimhe manager hence her asking him to still sign cheques as owner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I thought decided not to sell and instead made Caoimhe manager hence her asking him to still sign cheques as owner

Caoimhe was made manager long before the selling business.. Remember she left the place open for Deco?

desbrook wrote: »
    Caoimhe was made manager long before the selling business.. Remember she left the place open for Deco?

Officially manager :p

What does Robbie and Carol do there, Carol seems to spend more time there than with her son or running her taxi business

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I thought Dan decided not to sell and instead made Caoimhe manager hence her asking him to still sign cheques as owner

Then what the hell is Greasy doing there, giving orders to Caoimhe? Does Caddle bring Jack to work with her? And who runs her massive taxi emporium when she's pretending to be pulling pints?
    And where is Sean gone, he's supposed to be working there? And why hasn't Stripey Debbie the cleaner shown up for months?
    So many questions, but no answers.

I had to Google all this and during Christmas week, Yvonne and Carol were shocked to discover that Robbie was taking over the Station. This explains how he had the keys to the place the day of the explosion and was behind the counter (the explosion in the cellar was only a couple of weeks later in January).

I'm sure the implication was that Dan had sold the Station to Robbie, though I'm open to correction. We do know that Dan was leaving Carrigstown for good the day of the cellar explosion, presumably suggesting he was no longer the owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Strazdas wrote: »
    I had to Google all this and during Christmas week, Yvonne and Carol were shocked to discover that Robbie was taking over the Station. This explains how he had the keys to the place the day of the explosion and was behind the counter (the explosion in the cellar was only a couple of weeks later in January).

I'm sure the implication was that Dan had sold the Station to Robbie, though I'm open to correction. We do know that Dan was leaving Carrigstown for good the day of the cellar explosion, presumably suggesting he was no longer the owner?

Thanks for looking this up. Isn't it strange that none of us seem to be 100% sure of who owns it or what happened even after watching it AND googling it?!

Sometimrs I wonder about the people who make FC. The other week Dan mentions to Robbie I think he's thinking about going back to The Station. " About time " he's told " the place needs ya, it hasn't been the same without ya, the punters all miss ya "

So on Sunday Dan made his grand entrance in the wheelchair into a packed pub - NOT ONE PUNTER EVEN NOTICED!?!?!!? :D

• Advertisement

happyday wrote: »
    Thanks for looking this up. Isn't it strange that none of us seem to be 100% sure of who owns it or what happened even after watching it AND googling it?!

It's funny how Robbie can refuse and then grant Caoimhe a raise and increase her hours yet only Dan can sign cheques. The writers are consistent about one thing though - Dan is a retrohead! He still uses cheques and has black and white CCTV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I remember one of the closing clips on NYE on fair city was Robbie standing behind the counter as (what I took as) the landlord. I thought Dan signed the station over to Robbie? Maybe all bets were off when Dan got into the accident...

I'm sure I can recall Dan saying to Carol or Yvonne "I've sold the Station to Robbie" or "I'm selling the Station to Robbie". It would appear the scriptwriters have forgotten this :D

I remember one of the closing clips on NYE on fair city was Robbie standing behind the counter as (what I took as) the landlord. I thought Dan signed the station over to Robbie? Maybe all bets were off when Dan got into the accident...

Yes, and both Yvonne and Carol were shocked when they found out about Dan's plans and that he was quitting Carrigstown.

The only explanation I can come up with is that the sale has somehow been reversed offscreen in light of Dan's accident.

Why does Caoimhe need Dan to sign cheques if Robbie is the owner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

coolhull wrote: »
    Then what the hell is Greasy doing there, giving orders to Caoimhe? Does Caddle bring Jack to work with her? And who runs her massive taxi emporium when she's pretending to be pulling pints?
    And where is Sean gone, he's supposed to be working there? And why hasn't Stripey Debbie the cleaner shown up for months?
    So many questions, but no answers.

And isn't Leo's wan supposed to be working there now as well? Even though we've never seen it! When she asked Caoimhe for a job,Caoimhe said "I'll have to check with the owner" then later told her "Robbie has ok-ed you for those hours!"

This is the most badly handled storyline I've ever seen in any soap. Who owns a pub & who works there are the most basic elements of a soap's community structure,yet the writers can't even remember that much from one episode to the next.

It's more than a bit insulting to expect viewers to just stupidly swallow this kind of inconsistent rubbish.

Robbie came into the show as a villain and a bookie so would be nice to see his villainous side again and him doing some illegal bookieing from back room of Station instead of nookieing :p

Don't know what they want all the people working in the Station anyway, I counted 8 customers there on Sunday.

Sure one person behind the bar would handle that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

MelanieC wrote: »
    And isn't Leo's wan supposed to be working there now as well? Even though we've never seen it! When she asked Caoimhe for a job,Caoimhe said "I'll have to check with the owner" then later told her "Robbie has ok-ed you for those hours!"

This is the most badly handled storyline I've ever seen in any soap. Who owns a pub & who works there are the most basic elements of a soap's community structure,yet the writers can't even remember that much from one episode to the next.

It's more than a bit insulting to expect viewers to just stupidly swallow this kind of inconsistent rubbish.
    At least they talk. Stephen in McCoys was an expert in body language, no words needed just a simple nod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

What about when Robbie and Callum robbed Paul's garage - has that just been left too or will it resurrect itself some time in the future?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement