Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

Gripey is stripey tonight

I despise him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Shandashey wrote: »
    I despise him

I don't know how Debbie sticks him and I don't know how Dermot sticks Jo and I don't know how Ama sticks Doc and son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What was that mumbo jumbo Doug was muttering, didn't understand a word he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Shandashey wrote: »
    the laundrette looks like a proper kip

I was wondering what wallpaper and curtain shop we were in now...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

I don't know how Debbie sticks him and I don't know how Dermot sticks Jo and I don't know how Ama sticks Doc and son

Dermot is amazing sure :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Poor aul dermish. I'd say she's doing all the driving in the bedroom too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Charlie's 'posh' accent is brutal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Do the fahy's live in the park???

Is Doug 11 or 24?

Will Ama stop making idle threats and just report him?? Thats the 4th time she has threatened him?

Is the Bob is the father of Dr Posh Voice the most predictable plot since Greyie and Dr. Red Wine and bob and Dr. Red wine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Louis should be Doc Shane's dad he looks like him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think Ama is falling for the new Dr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I think Ama is falling for the new Dr.
    would the doc go for the celibacy shtick though? :)

Hitchens wrote: »
    would the doc go for the celibacy shtick though? :)

Don't think he'd have to, he could win Ama over with his 'charm' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

The crunching of the bags was louder than Debbie was actually speaking, barely heard a word she said.

I have only caught glimpses of Stripey and Gripey scenes this week, I tend to turn off mentally when they enter on screen................. but I have heard the word holiday being thrown around a few times?

What is the "holiday" thing about? Are we getting an off location story!

Stripey wearing this...

norma.jpg?w=386&h=580

Gripey wearing this.....

Speedo3.jpg

Jane wearing this.....

BikiniOnesie.jpg

And Mumbles the barchanic wearing this....

Mankini-GREEN-2.jpg

And we could have Leo bringing them to the airport and on the way back he gets mugged AGAIN for the umpteenth time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

why is Debbie always doing her shopping in eurospar? The prices in there would be very expensive.

its so unrealistic, Eoin is really tight with money and always looking to get a bargain so there's no way he would go shopping in Eurospar, it would have to be Aldi or Lidl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is barchanic's sister still living at Damo's house?

fin12 wrote: »
    its so unrealistic, Eoin is really tight with money and always looking to get a bargain so there's no way he would go shopping in Eurospar, it would have to be Aldi or Lidl.

Makes no sense to me, they're saving to go on holiday yet they're suddenly shopping in Spar and ordering take-aways.... They should be able to afford a holiday, they're both working and have no kids to take care of (financlly)

Makes no sense to me, they're saving to go on holiday yet they're suddenly shopping in Spar and ordering take-aways.... They should be able to afford a holiday, they're both working and have no kids to take care of (financlly)

ya but Debbie was always shopping in Spar even when Eoin was out of work and Paul was threatening to kick them out which was even more ridiculous than them shopping there now. I say Debbie probably knows deep down that there wont be any holiday with Eoin, she should just go with Jane.

Please, can someone explain this holiday story!!?? Its bad enough that none of the Carrigstown have extended family/friends that they visit/go to weddings/funerals etc or when a long time resident moves to Galway or Cork (3 hours drive) they are NEVER seen again but are they now making a MASSIVE deal out of a working class family wanting to plan a budget holiday or am I missing anything?! As I said I haven't been too concentrated when The "Ipeys" come onscreen!

• Advertisement

Please, can someone explain this holiday story!!?? Its bad enough that none of the Carrigstown have extended family/friends that they visit/go to weddings/funerals etc or when a long time resident moves to Galway or Cork (3 hours drive) they are NEVER seen again but are they now making a MASSIVE deal out of a working class family wanting to plan a budget holiday or am I missing anything?! As I said I haven't been too concentrated when The "Ipeys" come onscreen!

I think the holiday is more about Eoin and the fact that he doesn't want to do or go anywhere. Debbie was saying she cant remember the last time she went on a holiday and that's why she really wants it to happen but Eoin is dragging his feet, he just doesn't seem to be interested in doing anything. He never really does anything nice for Debbie.

fin12 wrote: »
    I think the holiday is more about Eoin and the fact that he doesn't want to do or go anywhere. Debbie was saying she cant remember the last time she went on a holiday and that's why she really wants it to happen but Eoin is dragging his feet, he just doesn't seem to be interested in doing anything. He never really does anything nice for Debbie.

So clearly Debbie will have an affair, as this is the natural course of events in this scenario in soaps,

So Let us look at the candidates.

1. Leo: A big candidate, Leo offers a bit of coolness and excitement for Stripey, he has always had an eye for the women, from Lana to Shannon to a young hot Niamh to, ahem, Paula. He is the quintissential cool lover man. Puts Don Baker to shame in his leather jacket. He is also a taxi driver but even his taxi journeys are more exiting with muggings, syringe holdups etc a regular occurence. His access to a vehicle means their affair can stretch beyond the local park, where most Carrigstown affairs begin, continue and end. He is a singer and guitar player so could make beautiful music to Debbie, perhaps singing her favourite song, Seven Nation Army by The White STRIPES

Oh and he also has big hands............ and you know what they say about big hands................................... big gloves.

Negatives. Leo is a decent man and not a man that would treat a woman bad so he would have to leave Paula first. Debbie is not a fan of violence after witnessing Barchanic and Pauls antics on the street so Leo having a wrestlemania loving son may not sit easy with her.

Chances 8/10

2. Ray: Oh, the loveable Super Mario that is ray. The quintissential bachelor with a heart of gold. His shiny head will impress Debbie a lot as she always likes a glistening surface, even taking her passion of cleaning to the local pub jacks. To her it is an art, not a chore. A man's man, Ray is not afraid to get down and dirty as evidenced in his work as a mechanic. This may appeal to Debbie who spends her days cleaning and the chance to rip those oily overalls off Ray and go down................................. to the basement and put the washing machine on sounds right up her street. Speaking of street, I haven't a clue where Ray lives but it isn't in plain view of the local houses. His flat resembles a mix between Roy Croppers flat and Anne Franks attic but it is snug and cosey and away from the public eye. Coincidentally, Rays seat that he always takes in Mccoys is right beside the toilets so he can pop into Debbie any time he wants for a bit of a "catchup"

Negatives: Ray's relationship status on facebook is at the moment "It's complicated" and he has recently liked and put a smiley face under this particular photo of a man he lives with

00031a30-400.jpg

Him and Deegan also have a few peculiar hobbies such as this one

eps-75-callum-and-caoimhe-get-caught-in-the-act2-medium-_1366584638.jpg

So whilst they would make a cute couple, it remains to be seen if Ray is interested.

Chances of Affair: 6/10

Up Next................ Paul Brennan and Dan

3. Paul Brennan: A ladies man, Paul has always been a popular choice in carrigstown. But lets be honest, it has been slim pickings really. A man of money, Debbie could whip out that swim suit and beachball a few times a year with weekends away. she would never have to worry about shopping bills etc and could even upgrade her shopping venue choice from Spar to Marks and Spencers if Paul subsidises their affair. Paul and Debbie have history, her son has sh**ged at least two of his exes so in some wierd way, they are due a bit of time together to "discuss" their relationship woes. She has seen him in action swinging that big stick of his........................

No not that one, this one...................

I140916_152057_69767oTextCS_69258113.jpg

And you can clearly see her eyes focused on one particular part of Pauls anatomy so I sense an attraction

They both have daughters in Leaving Cert so they could talk about oral......................... exams and discuss chemistry and biology.

Negatives: Paul and Mumbles history isn't easy to forget (although Paul and Niamh have clearly forgot the whole thing ever happened at all) so Debbie may feel aggrieved with him. Paul isn't good at affairs, they always end badly and he always comes out best so again Stripey may reconsider him as her beau. Stripeys Moore Street wardrobe and Paul's Louis Copeland perma suit/long coat combi don't go well together really so paul may not be interested and see the woman behind the stripes and marigolds.

Chances of affair: 5.5/10

3. Dan: Dan seems to wheely be getting his mojo back and may wish to chair some quality time, or time at all, with someone whose name isn't Bronagh, Robbie or Caddle. A man of misery and bitterness, Debbie has had her times of misery also so they have that in common. both can pull off impressive sulky faces ad postures....

Fair-City-Eps-138-Michael-suggest-its-time-Debbie-and-Eoghan.jpg

Fair-City-Eps-138-Robbie-and-Carol-note-Dan-is-down.jpg

A lot of resentment built up between them so even if Dan has lost certain powers they could always b1tch about their other halves in dan's back office. Debbie about Eoghan and dan about his imaginary girlfriend Caddle who he watches on camera . dan has a few quid as evidenced by the fact that he could afford a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week nurse to attend on him. he also has a flashy new apartment and lives alone (apart from bronagh who is never too far away) so conducting their affair could be simplified. dan has been in the army so has lived a bit and likes a bit of action and drama, despite his dull and unappealing personality.

Holiday wise, Debbie has many options...

TL901899.jpg

wheelchair-holidays-d-render-empty-standing-beach-sand-tropical-nature-beautiful-day-32091610.jpg

Dan is a good looking man, taking into account what Carrigstown has to offer so he would be a good choice in that respect.

Negatives: Dan is still in a relationship with Carol (or so he thinks anyway). He has been heavily involved in love triangles, squares, octagons and rubix cubes for the last year or so so perhaps he wants a break and settle down with his (imaginary ) partner carol.
    Bronagh is also in the equation and we all know Bronagh can sense an affair or romance anywhere and has an uncanny habit of entering a room at just the "wrong" time:

soaps-fair-city-250315-3.jpg

Bronagh also feels the need to discuss everyones private life.

Dans trembling lip may cause kissing problems. and the fact he only seems to deal with cheques means that eventually weekends away and over elaborate shopping trips may be uncovered by local accountant superstar Dermish or even Cliche Journalist Lesbnina.

Her loyalty to Mccoys toilets may also be tested with dan owning the station. But perhaps those toilets up the windy stairs may need a rub some day also.......

Affair Chances: 7/10

Up Tomorrow, tune in for Stephen and wayne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Damien walking around dressed like a cat burglar

Hey Eoin if you don't like paying Spar prices go to Aldi

How does Fair City get away with that Eoin complaining about prices in Spar the 1 Million contract is supposed to make Spar look good lol

That launderette look like a dump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I'm convinced Michael is a robot, and is programmed to have sex with every female he meets.
    Be like Terminator when we see through their eyes all the info on the screen, Michael's comes up as 'must stick that thing between my legs in her'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How come sniffy/mumbles and Niamh haven't bumped into each other in so long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I think Jo will soon be strategically holding handbags in front of her or all her scenes will be behind the counter in the Laundrette.

• Advertisement

So clearly Debbie will have an affair, as this is the natural course of events in this scenario in soaps,

So Let us look at the candidates.

1. Leo: A big candidate, Leo offers a bit of coolness and excitement for Stripey, he has always had an eye for the women, from Lana to Shannon to a young hot Niamh to, ahem, Paula. He is the quintissential cool lover man. Puts Don Baker to shame in his leather jacket. He is also a taxi driver but even his taxi journeys are more exiting with muggings, syringe holdups etc a regular occurence. His access to a vehicle means their affair can stretch beyond the local park, where most Carrigstown affairs begin, continue and end. He is a singer and guitar player so could make beautiful music to Debbie, perhaps singing her favourite song, Seven Nation Army by The White STRIPES

Oh and he also has big hands............ and you know what they say about big hands................................... big gloves.

Negatives. Leo is a decent man and not a man that would treat a woman bad so he would have to leave Paula first. Debbie is not a fan of violence after witnessing Barchanic and Pauls antics on the street so Leo having a wrestlemania loving son may not sit easy with her.

Chances 8/10

2. Ray: Oh, the loveable Super Mario that is ray. The quintissential bachelor with a heart of gold. His shiny head will impress Debbie a lot as she always likes a glistening surface, even taking her passion of cleaning to the local pub jacks. To her it is an art, not a chore. A man's man, Ray is not afraid to get down and dirty as evidenced in his work as a mechanic. This may appeal to Debbie who spends her days cleaning and the chance to rip those oily overalls off Ray and go down................................. to the basement and put the washing machine on sounds right up her street. Speaking of street, I haven't a clue where Ray lives but it isn't in plain view of the local houses. His flat resembles a mix between Roy Croppers flat and Anne Franks attic but it is snug and cosey and away from the public eye. Coincidentally, Rays seat that he always takes in Mccoys is right beside the toilets so he can pop into Debbie any time he wants for a bit of a "catchup"

Negatives: Ray's relationship status on facebook is at the moment "It's complicated" and he has recently liked and put a smiley face under this particular photo of a man he lives with

00031a30-400.jpg

Him and Deegan also have a few peculiar hobbies such as this one

eps-75-callum-and-caoimhe-get-caught-in-the-act2-medium-_1366584638.jpg

So whilst they would make a cute couple, it remains to be seen if Ray is interested.

Chances of Affair: 6/10

Up Next................ Paul Brennan and Dan

Leo would also be good cause he would actually go away on holiday as well cause I remember that time he surprised Paula with a Trip to Berlin and she couldn't go cause she had to be around on Thursday's to collect her dole so she would definitely get to go on a holiday with Leo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement