Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

What's the story with the counter in the launderette? There's a white border thing on it and it looks like somebody smeared sh*t along it - a 'dirty' protest, so to speak.
    And Charlie's massive bag of laundry - it took Dermot all afternoon to get it done -when he opened the black refuse sack, was it all vacuum packed inside it or what?
    Thought Doug's acting was good tonight though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Is it normal to sell tights in a launderette?!
    Thought the little display of them beside the till looked strange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How fooking stupid is Jim? He keeps getting caught with pills in his hand. Every scene either Nuss or Louis Jnr catches him...And, why are they going back over this? We had weeks of this crap a few months ago:rolleyes:

As to Debbie and Eoin. It's ridiculous. She's wanting Milan and he's talking about Courtown. Will ye fook off and make it somewhat believable with them pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

dee_mc wrote: »
    Is it normal to sell tights in a launderette?!
    Thought the little display of them beside the till looked strange!

It was the cupcakes that bothered me - they might have touched the hands of somebody who had touched Charlie's dirty laundry

walshb wrote: »
    How fooking stupid is Jim? He keeps getting caught with pills in his hand. Every scene either Nuss or Louis Jnr catches him...And, why are they going back over this? We had weeks of this crap a few months ago:rolleyes:

As to Debbie and Eoin. It's ridiculous. She's wanting Milan and he's talking about Courtown. Will ye fook off and make it somewhat believable with them pair.

Clichés upon clichés :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Debbie should either ask Jane and go on holiday with her or go on to the traveldepartment website and go on one of their group holidays because as long as she is waiting for Eoin to go on holiday there will be none, with people like that your better off not to even bother asking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Award winning acting by pigeon head tonight.

So Charlie handed in clothes to the launderette and walked away no sign of asking how much the service would be or got a ticket no fcuk logic out the windows it's only fair city

So Charlie handed in clothes to the launderette and walked away no sign of asking how much the service would be or got a ticket no fcuk logic out the windows it's only fair city

Jo filled out a red ticket, did she not give it to him? Ha, continuity and logic aren't exactly FC strong points I suppose!

Stuck in a caravan in courtown with that bleedin gob****e and it pissin down outside. I'd fookin batter him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Bloody hell! Jo should have got the assistance of Feargal Quinn in setting up that place. And did I catch a glimpse of a notice saying alterations carried out or something? Who would do that I wonder?:rolleyes:

Wait until yer man cass rocks up with a bin liner bag full of y fronts after a few sessions on the black stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Did he even get a cupcake?

Did he even get a cupcake?

Or for those of us that have our dinner in the middle of the day a bun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

What's the story with the counter in the launderette? There's a white border thing on it and it looks like somebody smeared sh*t along it - a 'dirty' protest, so to speak.
    And Charlie's massive bag of laundry - it took Dermot all afternoon to get it done -when he opened the black refuse sack, was it all vacuum packed inside it or what?
    Thought Doug's acting was good tonight though

Wouldn't Charlie have a washing machine in his house? This is where the storyline completely falls down of course. The very people that wouldn't be using the launderette are the main characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Strazdas wrote: »
    Wouldn't Charlie have a washing machine in his house? This is where the storyline completely falls down of course. The very people that wouldn't be using the launderette are the main characters.

Yeah it makes you wonder how Charlie used to wash his clothes before Jo opened her new washing emporium - and also if Cass will bring his long-wearing leather jacket to be dry-cleaned

coolhull wrote: »
    Yeah it makes you wonder how Charlie used to wash his clothes before Jo opened her new washing emporium - and also if Cass will bring his long-wearing leather jacket to be dry-cleaned

While I hate to stand up for the odious Charlie, I assumed he brought along a few bits of washing just to support Jo in her new venture (or 'adventure' as Dermot referred to it last night), pillar of the community that he is...
    Cass's leather jacket would likely disintegrate with the shock of being cleaned at this stage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Would Ama ever get a life? Morning, noon and night she is hassling one or other of the doctor's about something! Does she have nothing else to do?!

Strazdas wrote: »

ya its the same with the Launderette in Eastenders, everybody in the square using it just like they all eat their breakfasts at the cafe and order cups of tea and coffee all day from the cafe when they could just walk a few seconds to get to their houses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

squadro wrote: »
    Award winning acting by pigeon head tonight.

Who's pigeon head LOL :D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Its not on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

Its not on tonight?

It never is on a Bank Holiday weekend. RTE's way of saving a few quid. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I wonder will the launderette be running without any glitches when it returns on Tuesday...

It never is on a Bank Holiday weekend. RTE's way of saving a few quid. :mad:

I hate that when they dont show the soap the night it supposed to be on, I think they are the only soap aswell that never make up for it, like corrie, eastenders and emmerdale they would have an hour episode the next day or be on a night they are not normally on to make up for the episode being missed.

Who's pigeon head LOL :D?

Im not really sure but I think Pigeon head could be Eoin.

fin12 wrote: »
    I hate that when they dont show the soap the night it supposed to be on, I think they are the only soap aswell that never make up for it, like corrie, eastenders and emmerdale they would have an hour episode the next day or be on a night they are not normally on to make up for the episode being missed.

Ah sure how can they? If we all paid our TV license maybe then they'd put it on bank holiday weekends ....(Titter)

Im not really sure but I think Pigeon head could be Eoin.

I think it's Doug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Christmas week is the worst when they stick two normal episodes together to make a 'Christmas special' and then actually pull one of the other episodes from that week to make up for it.....unforgivable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

coolhull wrote: »

I dont think people with Charlies accent uses launderettes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement