Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Strazdas wrote: »
    Christmas week is the worst when they stick two normal episodes together to make a 'Christmas special' and then actually pull one of the other episodes from that week to make up for it.....unforgivable.

ya the b******s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    I dont think people with Charlies accent uses launderettes.

Charlie gets his accent cleaned and polished for one episode a week. The rest of the time its rough and unkempt.

fin12 wrote: »
    I hate that when they dont show the soap the night it supposed to be on, I think they are the only soap aswell that never make up for it, like corrie, eastenders and emmerdale they would have an hour episode the next day or be on a night they are not normally on to make up for the episode being missed.

To be fair they repeat every episode for the following three weeks as stories just go around in circles for that duration. so it is a reprieve of sorts. Also, in fairness it is the only soap that is on on a Sunday evening and if you consider the budget, audience, amount of characters, peak time viewing, lack of more than 2/3 plots every 6 months, to churn out 4 episodes a week is impressive, if not punishing at times

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Art Deko

To be fair they repeat every episode for the following three weeks as stories just go around in circles for that duration. so it is a reprieve of sorts. Also, in fairness it is the only soap that is on on a Sunday evening and if you consider the budget, audience, amount of characters, peak time viewing, lack of more than 2/3 plots every 6 months, to churn out 4 episodes a week is impressive, if not punishing at times

Yes, and some of the cast keep dishing out the punishment for the viewers with the acting. Episode after episode, after episode......... ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Who's pigeon head LOL :D?

Yep pigeon head is Doug and if I had the know how I would insert a gif to demonstrate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Im sorry Im going to have to disagree, it just drives me nuts when they dont show the episode when its supposed to be on.

If they didnt show it on a Sunday they would only be on three days a week, that would be a bit ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Fair City.

You can't live with it. You can't live without it.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Fair City.

You can't live with it. You can't live without it.

Exactlty! I certainly only watch it for this thread really! In fairness it NEVER is on on a Bank Holiday sunday but the topic still comes up everytime! As it will Next B.H. And as I said, disregarding the quality 4 days a week is a very decent return for a soap in its particular market. And 3 is still decent. In fact i think if Fair City cut one of its episodes the quality would improve and there wouldnt be half as much recycling of dialogue, repetitive scenes, unexplainable frequent changing of minds and decisions by characters and plots making as much progress as a snail up a hill..... a particularly slow snail......who changes his mind halfway up and heads to the bottom again.........before once more changing his mind.....

EE only puts out 4.... with ten times or more the budget, three times the cast and incomparable viewership figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Charlie gets his accent cleaned and polished for one episode a week. The rest of the time its rough and unkempt.

He was on Reeling In The Years the other night in a black and white ad from 1975 set in a pub (I think it was about drink awareness). He had a mop of black hair but you'd recognise him immediately.....the very flat working class Dublin accent was present and correct of course :)

He was on Reeling In The Years the other night in a black and white ad from 1975 set in a pub (I think it was about drink awareness). He had a mop of black hair but you'd recognise him immediately.....the very flat working class Dublin accent was present and correct of course :)

A few bunnions and you get ahead of yourself...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

Barcanic's family have awful cheap looking clothes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Doug needs to lay off the stupid pills big time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

whats wrong with jackie? some anixety issue? only catching up tonight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Why does Jackie have that band on her wrist, is it some sort of therapy?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Jo : ' Tomorrow night? Seven o'clock? But I won't be finished here by seven o'clock.'

Why? Are Charlie's y-fronts that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Neil to return later this week.
    Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Jackie : ''Dougie, you're the only one I could think of to call''

My God, she must be really, really depressed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

dogcat wrote: »
    Looking forward to it!

Hope it's the original of the species

I am really convinced Doug is ad libbing! Either that or he is the best actor in any soap at the mo! he is such a convincing, how do I put this mildly, dope! His body (and particularly his head) movement is also intriguing to watch!

Looking forward to it!

I will be honest. I am not.......................... His last stint was one of the most bizarre few weeks ever. Weeks and weeks of building up to his supposed mental issues and then he just disappears after the break.................

The Carrie Crowley story is quite good and she is playing it well but like all FC stories, it is far too rushed and in your face. dougs presence in scenes with her is also very distracting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

I am really convinced Doug is ad libbing! Either that or he is the best actor in any soap at the mo! he is such a convincing, how do I put this mildly, dope! His body (and particularly his head) movement is also intriguing to watch!

Wonder is he related to Karl Pilkington?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, Jim, why the fook are you constantly hanging out in places where the brother you despise is? How the fook did you ever pass your medical exams?

walshb wrote: »
    FFS, Jim, why the fook are you constantly hanging out in places where the brother you despise is? How the fook did you ever pass your medical exams?

I know he goes in the hungry pig for Coffee several times & Shane wanted to lay of the red lip balm they are bright red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

walshb wrote: »

And would Katy really be spending her last 2.50 on a sandwich in the Hungry Pig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I know he goes in the hungry pig for Coffee several times & Shane wanted to lay of the red lip balm they are bright red

He'll be fooking in there using the toilet next!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward to it!

Please god no :( hes a worse actor than doug, he should stick too making mcdonald ads :D :pac:

Del Mondo is back soon too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And would Katy really be spending her last 2.50 on a sandwich in the Hungry Pig?

On half a sandwich :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Why does Jackie have that band on her wrist, is it some sort of therapy?

It works for a lot of people with anxiety, a few snaps of the hair band/elastic with some breathing can really work.

Doesn't do it for me personally but I know both men & women who use it to effect.

Some serious method acting from Carrie Crowley though.

She messed her hair up! Day Lewis esque methods!

• Advertisement

What a wanker thing Wayne said about depression!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement