Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Why even bother including the part about getting the dna results if the viewer was never going to be told the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

STIG83 wrote: »
    What a wanker, Wayne !

Fixed your post :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

My lurker dad has specifically asked me to post this for ye!

"Bob's not your uncle, he's your Da!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Watching this on +1 but know the ending. Thankfully the DNA results have been revealed, I feared it would go on all summer, but wouldn't it be gas if Shane got Bob's DNA too and he wasn't the father afterall! I think Shane looks more like a young Bella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I'm no medic but is it not impossible that the DNA results showed 0% relation to Jim? He's still his uncle they would share some DNA.

Unless...unless Bob isn't his father either .... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I was in a friend's house last night and while Fair City was on, the volume wasn't up.... what was going on with Jackie in the loo?
    Missed tonights episode as I'm not at home 😔

Hey Pete she is called a ex-wife for a reason its none of your concern also Damion & Laura dropped off clothes to be washed. No need to ask about prices or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

What I want to know is what was in the envelope that Shane set on fire? If Ama sees ashes in that kidney tray she will be on the warpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

twirlagig wrote: »
    I was in a friend's house last night and while Fair City was on, the volume wasn't up.... what was going on with Jackie in the loo?
    Missed tonights episode as I'm not at home 😔

What an episode you missed, twirlagig! Sensational is too mild a word to describe the action in tonight's show. A brief synopsis of the exciting life of Carrigstown this evening.......

Gripey decided to stand a s an LGBT candidate in next election

Orla decided that there are worst illnesses in the world than Junior' s ear infection, and so withdrew her multi- million lawsuit against the hospital

Jo began speaking in an inner city accent

Doctor Judith returned from Africa with an advanced case of diarrohea

Some of the characters decided to try home-cooking for a change

A new factory opened half a mile away and the younger characters took a mighty leap into the unknown and decided to seek work outside the 200-yard radius of their own homes

The Bob/Jim feud was resolved, as were the problems between Greasy/Dan/ Caddle ....and Mumbles joined up to the priesthood

Cass looked really cool in a new three-piece suit

Most surprising of all, Rachel was caught laughing. Out loud!

Honestly, twirlagig, the one night you missed it and all hell breaks loose. Don't ever go out again between the hours of seven and nine. You'll be kicking yourself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

coolhull wrote: »
    What an episode you missed, twirlagig! Sensational is too mild a word to describe the action in tonight's show. A brief synopsis of the exciting life of Carrigstown this evening.......

Gripey decided to stand a s an LGBT candidate in next election

Orla decided that there are worst illnesses in the world than Junior' s ear infection, and so withdrew her multi- million lawsuit against the hospital

Jo began speaking in an inner city accent

Doctor Judith returned from Africa with an advanced case of diarrohea

Some of the characters decided to try home-cooking for a change

A new factory opened half a mile away and the younger characters took a mighty leap into the unknown and decided to seek work outside the 200-yard radius of their own homes

The Bob/Jim feud was resolved, as were the problems between Greasy/Dan/ Caddle ....and Mumbles joined up to the priesthood

Cass looked really cool in a new three-piece suit

Most surprising of all, Rachel was caught laughing. Out loud!

Honestly, twirlagig, the one night you missed it and all hell breaks loose. Don't ever go out again between the hours of seven and nine. You'll be kicking yourself ;)

Arghhh! I miss everything! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

What I want to know is what was in the envelope that Shane set on fire? If Ama sees ashes in that kidney tray she will be on the warpath.
    I'd say she would threaten to report him to the medical council.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The Nuss's teeth are blue. Anyone ever notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The Nuss's teeth are blue. Anyone ever notice this?

The only thing I've noticed is how dedicated the nurses are on FC. Dan's nurse Bronagh never takes a day off. She must live on protein shakes...'cause she never has time to eat. Too busy taking care of and stalking the smiling one.

Nuss Ama/Alma not only listens to every conversation in Carrigstown, she blabs constantly, knocks on the surgery door...marches in..... and blabs again.

It makes me long for the days of her bag saga. "I'm a nuss..where's my bag?"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

STIG83 wrote: »
    What a wanker thing Wayne said about depression!!

I really wish Doug had punched him for that tbh :mad: gob****e :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

What did he say? I missed that. I don't know why Pete is taking this crap from him. I know he's concerned about his mother but he's no saint himself and has no right to tell Pete what to do. I'd have less respect for Pete if he didn't care about Jackie's illness at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

happyday wrote: »
    What did he say? I missed that. I don't know why Pete is taking this crap from him. I know he's concerned about his mother but he's no saint himself and has no right to tell Pete what to do. I'd have less respect for Pete if he didn't care about Jackie's illness at all.

He was comparing Cancer and Depression and said you can survive depression, you can survive depression but what about the ones who don't get help?

God love Doug he so thick lately he wouldn't have got the comment Wayneker said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Weeks of this Jackie and Doll vying for Pet's attention ahead of us.:rolleyes:

Bring back Charlie's bunions or Nuss's bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Jim gone, I was hoping he'd stay around so when I am in Dublin I could visit him in the park or street for a consultation :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Jim gone, I was hoping he'd stay around so when I am in Dublin I could visit him in the park or street for a consultation :p

Ha funny!!!!!! He will be back I say especially since shane knows that bob is his father, he wont be able to keep that a secret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    Ha funny!!!!!! He will be back I say especially since shane knows that bob is his father, he wont be able to keep that a secret.

Is Bob his father so, what did the results say, I missed that part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is Bob his father so, what did the results say, I missed that part?

The result said that he had 0% chance of Jim being his father since it was Jim's DNA that he used for the test, Im just assuming it's bob unless his mother had an affair with someone else but i say it is safe to say that it is Bob. I actually guessed that from day one because Jim was trying not to let Shane come to Carrigstown and then he was constantly trying to keep them apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Pete must be heading for a heart attack

Pretzill wrote: »
    I'm no medic but is it not impossible that the DNA results showed 0% relation to Jim? He's still his uncle they would share some DNA.

Unless...unless Bob isn't his father either .... ;)

No, a DNA (paternity/maternity) test has two results. 0 percent or greater than 99.9 percent. 0 being that you are not the biological parent, and greater than 99.9 being that you almost certainly are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

He has Paris to defend!

He has Paris to defend!

I hope Dr As They Say In States stays on for another bit

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

The hair will be covering Jackie's face soon, and dragging along the floor soon after, with her wailing

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Is that the first time Deegan has smiled?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

am after going right off my spag bol :(

• Advertisement

Who's having the fooking breakdown, the cameraman or Jackie?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement