Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

walshb wrote: »
    Who's having the fooking breakdown, the cameraman or Jackie?

Heehee, I noticed that when Jackie entered the Spar. I thought me eyes were going funny as I've not long had laser eye surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

I think it was to show the way of all the waves of people and questions making Jackie anxious. Like whooshing in from all sides at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Remind me to never have a breakdown in the Spar shop. The management just leave you lying on the floor in the aisle. No offers of a bit of privacy in the office, the living quarters or even a storeroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

dogcat wrote: »
    I think it was to show the way of all the waves of people and questions making Jackie anxious. Like whooshing in from all sides at her.

I thought that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I love how jo just stands looking at the washing going round and round in the machines....is there nothing else to be doing?!

• Advertisement

laylag wrote: »
    I love how jo just stands looking at the washing going round and round in the machines....is there nothing else to be doing?!

She pissed me off (the other night) when she had a go at Dermot for taking on a new client! "without discussing it with her" WTF! .... And another thing how can they afford to set up a business when they were just scraping-by?...isn't there all sorts of costs to setting up a business?

She pissed me off (the other night) when she had a go at Dermot for taking on a new client! "without discussing it with her" WTF! .... And another thing how can they afford to set up a business when they were just scraping-by?...isn't there all sorts of costs to setting up a business?

Yeah, but Charlie has been keeping her business alive by taking his vests to her. And I think Louise has promised to send Vino's dirty tablecloths to her as well. Those tomato stains don't come out by themselves, you know.
    So, along with the massive contract for the second-hand shop across the road, the new business is on the way to be a roaring success.
    Onwards and upwards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Shandashey wrote: »
    am after going right off my spag bol :(

I know it's the angel hair - Jackie couldn't find it through her own hair!

Although in fairness at least Jackie's portrayal of a panic attack was believable Doug's over reaction at the burning pot was borderline comical - complete with pidgeon head shakes and flapping wings :) I thought he was going to fly out the window!

I've never seen anyone having a panic attack, is it that severe? .. If someone was that depressed would they go shopping or care about what 'pasta' to buy?

Mondo, Ray, and Superintendent Deegan returned tonight. That means another 4 or 5 of the regular cast will disappear for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I've never seen anyone having a panic attack, is it that severe? .. If someone was that depressed would they go shopping or care about what 'pasta' to buy?

In fairness I think it's a bit more than a panic attack it seems Jackie is having a problem from the change of her meds too - but yeah a panic attack can be scary...and really severe for the sufferer - I don't think it's depression more anxiety related.

And let's face it pasta is a minefield...penne, macaroni, conghiclioni, lasagne, cannelonni, angel hair, spaghetti, linguine...;)

coolhull wrote: »
    Mondo, Ray, and Superintendent Deegan returned tonight. That means another 4 or 5 of the regular cast will disappear for a while.

Yeah, that's what normally happens! ... Expect to see more of Carol /Robbie and Dan..... And maybe nurse Bronagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does anyone remember when Podge and Rodge used to call Mondo, Mongo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Us the viewers :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

coolhull wrote: »

Yeah,Rachel mentioned tonight that her dad was away,just to prepare us. Not anywhere in particular,just "away"........

Would Fair City be allowed to mention the marriage referendum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

It can be very severe or people might not notice at all as the person may be managing to somewhat keep their cool. Panic attacks are a horrible affliction and I guess FC deserve some credit for highlighting it.

I've been close to a full on attack in shops, on the bus etc

As I have a good hold on how to deal with an attack I manage to cope but I may get light headed, feel sweaty etc but I can use simple breathing techniques and focus on whatever is on my iPod and it passes within a minute or two.

All without my hair being messed up I'd like to add!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Would Fair City be allowed to mention the marriage referendum?

They could bring two podiums into the community centre and let Eoin and Laura have a debate followed by a question and answer session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

They could bring two podiums into the community centre and let Eoin and Laura have a debate followed by a question and answer session.

Sensational idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yeah,Rachel mentioned tonight that her dad was away,just to prepare us. Not anywhere in particular,just "away"........

You would think he'd need to be around to mind Ruthie while Rachel does her Leaving Cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

happyday wrote: »
    You would think he'd need to be around to mind Ruthie while Rachel does her Leaving Cert.
    Ruth can mind herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

happyday wrote: »

All soap kids are born with an inbuilt independence so they never need childcare......junior has the run of the upstairs of McCoy's, caddles little lad is virtually an orphan, ben and the foster child spend most days guzzling milk shakes in the pig. God I wish my iglets were like this !

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

hungrypig wrote: »
    All soap kids are born with an inbuilt independence so they never need childcare......junior has the run of the upstairs of McCoy's, caddles little lad is virtually an orphan, ben and the foster child spend most days guzzling milk shakes in the pig. God I wish my iglets were like this !

I think little Jack? is running his mammy's taxi empire. Caddle's so busy romancing Greasy and visiting Smiler that she simply hasn't the time to operate her mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

i have just three things to say ......feck off mondo :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

I haven't even seen him yet and he is wrecking my head already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Oh no, is he back? I could write the script myself, it's so obvious where this is going :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

MelanieC wrote: »

you would think they could have said he was down in Cork visiting Oisin the son that he never sees or ever talks about, even when Nicola came back that time he hardly talked about him either, what is all that about?

dee_mc wrote: »
    Oh no, is he back? I could write the script myself, it's so obvious where this is going :(

Give it a few months of another ridiculous love triangle, square or rubix cube and Bronagh will stick her nose in and walk in on Mondo and Kerri Anne a la this scene........................

soaps-fair-city-250315-3.jpg

/\
    And it will be Mondo in the womans dressing gown....... |
    |

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

thinking of leaving mccoys and working in the station, moneys better plus jane is really getting on my tits

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement