Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Where the Fuk they going with this Neil helping Jackie storyline?
    Telling her to snap out of it? Come on FC writers, get a grip please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

STIG83 wrote: »

Yes it was awful, poor actors must want to vomit when they read the scripts, they're so bad they make the dole attractive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I could be wrong but used he live with Jackie when she was sick before ? Maybe he knows what works for her ......

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Bullocks wrote: »
    I could be wrong but used he live with Jackie when she was sick before ? Maybe he knows what works for her ......

Considering that Jackie was out of her children's lives for something like twelve years, Neil would have to have a brilliant memory of what works for Jackie, since he would have been no older than ten at the time. A typical FC non-story line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It would be easy to forget the story line that never went anywhere but was hinted at months ago - the one were Neil and Jackie spent time together and Neil had contact with her well before Doug met her again - there was also an inference that Neil suffered from the same type of illness as Jackie and stole her meds and got addicted to them. The story went nowhere at the time and Neil happily headed for Clon. Now they are revisiting that and hope we will all remember!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

coolhull wrote: »
    Considering that Jackie was out of her children's lives for something like twelve years, Neil would have to have a brilliant memory of what works for Jackie, since he would have been no older than ten at the time. A typical FC non-story line.
    Pretzill wrote: »
    It would be easy to forget the story line that never went anywhere but was hinted at months ago - the one were Neil and Jackie spent time together and Neil had contact with her well before Doug met her again - there was also an inference that Neil suffered from the same type of illness as Jackie and stole her meds and got addicted to them. The story went nowhere at the time and Neil happily headed for Clon. Now they are revisiting that and hope we will all remember!!

Thats what I was thinking of . coolhull have you been doing you're FC revision homework :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Pretzill wrote: »

Happily??! Do you not recall the episode! It had one of the most bizarre scenes EVER! Essentially Carrie Crowley approached Neil in the kitchen and told him "I think you have the same illness as me, the signs are all there". Neil, in his passive agressive manner responded "No, I am nothing like you" . It cut to an adbreak............After adbreak the scene is again in Carrie Crowleys house but only Carrie Crowley is there. Dopey Doug wanders in and starts spinning his head around as per usual like your one in the Exorcist. He runs around the house and runs back in to Carrie two seconds later......"He is gone, Neils stuff is all gone"....

It was just the most ridiculous exit scene and conclusion to weeks and weeks of build up ever.

I was HAPPY he left though, I think we all were!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Bullocks wrote: »
    coolhull have you been doing you're FC revision homework :D

I'm doing my Masters Degree in FC-logy in June. You've no idea how difficult it is to keep track of things.
    If the writers, producers, and cast can't keep up, what chance have I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

coolhull wrote: »

Didn't Jackie imply once that Neil stayed with her in London and took her medication

Neil V1 the fella who went out with Sash Bishop and Orla did seem like he was high a few times :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Didn't Jackie imply once that Neil stayed with her in London and took her medication

Neil V1 the fella who went out with Sash Bishop and Orla did seem like he was high a few times :p

Ya i remember Jackie saying that about London but I think only herself and Neil know about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

It turns out Neil spent six months with Jackie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I've really lost interest in the show. Even this thread seems to be on constant repeat mode. That's not a slight at the posters, more the show and its repetitive and boring content. There's only so much I can get out of Vino's tomatoes, Mumbles' sniffing and mumbling, Charlie's bunions, Nuss' bag and incessant interfering and barging in on the doctors in the surgery, Caddle's mobile phone taxi empire, Greasy's slick backed hair, Dan's non stop cheery disposition, Rachel's non stop sourpussing, Leo's big hands, Paula's sickening sexual innuendo, Paul's Don Coleone impressions, Deco's needing Katie to run his courier empire, and the general desire and need for The Hungry Pig's coffee (WTF is that about?) I am sure I have missed some, but you catch my drift?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I just want to point out that Neil seems so young because it sounds like his voice is breaking. That is all.

I just want to point out that Neil seems so young because it sounds like his voice is breaking. That is all.

An eejit is all he is, makes Doug look intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

walshb wrote: »
    I've really lost interest in the show. Even this thread seems to be on constant repeat mode. That's not a slight at the posters, more the show and its repetitive and boring content. There's only so much I can get out of Vino's tomatoes, Mumbles' sniffing and mumbling, Charlie's bunions, Nuss' bag and incessant interfering and barging in on the doctor's in the surgery, Caddle's mobile phone taxi empire, Greasy's slick backed hair, Dan's non stop cheery disposition, Rachel's non stop sourpussing, Leo's big hands, Paula's sickening sexual innuendo, Paul's Don Coleone impressions, Deco's needing Katie to run his courier empire, and the general desire and need for The Hungry Pig's coffee (WTF is that about?) I am sure I have missed some, but you catch my drift?

Totally agree with ye walshb 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Sorry i was having a meltdown in kk last night.
    Is Neil back?
    Which one is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

got food poisoning in the Hungry Pig last night, Bob and his new Menu!! fecking Curried Goat, where does he think he is?? Jamaica

missed the last 2 episodes of FC did I miss anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

missed the last 2 episodes of FC did I miss anything?
    i think u no the answer to that question:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

It's so so boring. Jackie's depression,Jo's launderette,Bob's clinic in the shelter - I just don't care. And I should. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bob and renae never ordered there sandwiches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Who does he think he is, Dr Phil!

Who does he think he is, Dr Phil!
    Dr Dick more like.

Wow Neil WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Dr Dick more like.

No wonder Dr Jim left - he must have known the locum was on the way....

Charlotte could be a bit more grateful about being offered a bit of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When did Neil aka Doogie Howser get his medical degree

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When did Neil aka Doogie Howser get his medical degree

He went to the university of Google :pac:

Charlotte's going to rob whatever she can get her hands on in that center.

• Advertisement

Doug's right, Rat Race is funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement