Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

No poorly parked car is safe from John Deegan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The two pointy faced fellas have fairly pointless roles :rolleyes:

Potatoes Make great mash Jesus Christ Jo I'm dying here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Potatoes Make great mash Jesus Christ Jo I'm dying here

In fairness, potatos are great chefs, they make a lovely meal...

e7a7c97706cf8443f35c599eda2b8015.jpg

So Mongo has been living independently for 10 years and has even worked in restraunts yet needed tips from "sure look it" how to cook a bog standard meal, or even what ingredients (potatos!!) are required!

Then again he has only worked with tomatos and lettuce when he was working in Vinos

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

It shows how low the standards have dropped in FC that for the last few weeks people on here have barely commented on the 'plots'.
    We're reduced to watching it, hoping that something might come up worth commenting on. Different days, same sh1t :mad:

I wouldn't know an upper or a downer from an Anadin, but what kinda drug makes you really eager to study the poetry of Sylvia Plath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

coolhull wrote: »
    It shows how low the standards have dropped in FC that for the last few weeks people on here have barely commented on the 'plots'.
    We're reduced to watching it, hoping that something might come up worth commenting on. Different days, same sh1t :mad:

I wouldn't know an upper or a downer from an Anadin, but what kinda drug makes you really eager to study the poetry of Sylvia Plath?

Like yourself I'm just here to slag FC, .. Don't take it too seriously.

When is Greasy's baby due? He looks 8 months gone tonight in that black tee shirt!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The Garda car arriving on what seemed to be a isolated area and not checking out a van with the back doors wide open.. Oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

When is Greasy's baby due? He looks 8 months gone tonight in that black tee shirt!!!

Hahaha so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Garda car arriving on what seemed to be a isolated area and not checking out a van with the back doors wide open.. Oh!
    Whereas Deegan goes to a lot of trouble to check a van parked on a public street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Did Jo call Juliet "Zoe" on Tuesday's episode??

So now Neil is depressed, Jackie is depressed, Dan is depressed, and Rachel is not exactly a bundle of laughs either.
    But we have this sh1te. How the fcuk do they think we feel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

coolhull wrote: »
    So now Neil is depressed, Jackie is depressed, Dan is depressed, and Rachel is not exactly a bundle of laughs either.
    But we have this sh1te. How the fcuk do they think we feel?

its driving us all into the doldrums

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

JillyQ wrote: »
    its driving us all into the doldrums

They should of brought back a different Bishop. It's been so drab lately, ever since Christy got sick it's just been depressing. There's literally nothing going on! If it was a series they should be wrapping it up about now.

you forgot dollys breast cancer. Why cant they have some good news story line?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I think Kerri Anne, Decco , Mondo abd Juliet are meant to be the lighthearted ones right now. But Decco's depressed and all, and now mondo is because he can't parent Juliet. And Charlotte just depresses everyone with her presence alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I've missed Fair City all week as I've been watching Britain's Got Talent. Last night for the first time I watched Red Rock which was on immediately afterwards at 10.00. Seems a far more credible soap altogether and am thinking of ditching Fair City altogether. Would miss this thread though.

I've missed Fair City all week as I've been watching Britain's Got Talent. Last night for the first time I watched Red Rock which was on immediately afterwards at 10.00. Seems a far more credible soap altogether and am thinking of ditching Fair City altogether. Would miss this thread though.

Red Rock is a 100 times better. They have already dealt with one hard hitting story line and have another two currently running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

are Zoe and Juliet the same age? also, why does Juliet have a Dublin accent if she was brought up in Manchester / Liverpool ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

are Zoe and Juliet the same age? also, why does Juliet have a Dublin accent if she was brought up in Manchester / Liverpool ?

I believe they're both meant to be 11 or so, yes

• Advertisement

Because her mother is Irish and from Dublin, I remember bumping into a kid in Cork who had an English accent and I was saying are you from England and he said no, he had never been to England, lived in Cork with his English parents, that's how he had the English accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

She goes to the London branch of Billie Barry.

Mondo saving his money for a flat shops in spar instead of aldi makes Sence

Mondo saving his money for a flat shops in spar instead of aldi makes Sence

That was the same with Debbie and Eoin when he lost his job for a while and the social were coming around and Paul was threatening to kick them out of the house, continued to shop in Spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Who's the blonde in the pub with Neil & in the pig with Carrie Crowley in the rte promos for next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

fin12 wrote: »
    Because her mother is Irish and from Dublin, I remember bumping into a kid in Cork who had an English accent and I was saying are you from England and he said no, he had never been to England, lived in Cork with his English parents, that's how he had the English accent.

You knock into kids on the street and then question their accent......................?!! :D

But seriously, generally children pick up the accents and tone of words from their peers, not their parents in long run but will maintain a domestic tone also. Their accents may also fluctuate somewhat whether conversing with parents/family or with friends. There has been lots of studies on this.

But to answer the question the actress who plays Juliet grew up in Dublin.......!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

My son was laughing at Jo and remarked how similar I am to her. Not terribly complimentary! I will have to change my ways!

Why doesn't Niamh give Mondo a dig out? Juliette is her niece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

My son was laughing at Jo and remarked how similar I am to her. Not terribly complimentary! I will have to change my ways!

Why doesn't Niamh give Mondo a dig out? Juliette is her niece.

You knock into kids on the street and then question their accent......................?!! :D

But seriously, generally children pick up the accents and tone of words from their peers, not their parents in long run but will maintain a domestic tone also. Their accents may also fluctuate somewhat whether conversing with parents/family or with friends. There has been lots of studies on this.

But to answer the question the actress who plays Juliet grew up in Dublin.......!!

no i was sitting down in a cafe and he asked me what time it was so then i asked him was he on holidays or something when I heard the english accent thats all and it was one kid not kids, thats where I learned that accents are picked up by people your around not georgraphical were you are.

i was trying to explain why juliet would have a dublin accent, this kid was from Cork lived in Cork all its life and had the strongest English accent because his parents were English.

• Advertisement

was Fair city on tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement