Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Katgurl wrote: »
    I don't think callum hates Niamh, he was upset with her for leaving with Michael but that's natural. She was behaving like a stepmom to him, they all lived together when he arrived and she did all the usual parental stuff. Then when Paul's alleged affair with Jane was going on, Niamh threw Paul out of the house and there were a few nauseating scenes with herself and Callum where she was being all pancake faced, stopping him from leaving and declaring "you are still part of this family, nothing ha hanged"

Of the 100 or so scenes with Niamh and Callum I'd say 5 were cordial. The rest were Callum being an absolute toe rag. Stepmother my arse.....no matter what technicality is applied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

MelanieC wrote: »
    But that's entirely besides the point! She is his father's wife so legally is his stepmother,regardless of how long he knows her or what he thinks of her! He only knows Paul that long too,doesn't make him any less his father!

I don't mean to bore anyone but I really don't get how anyone would find any ambiguity here! If your parents are not together & marry other people,those people then become your stepparents. If they have children of their own prior to marrying your parent,those children would then become your stepsiblings.

So yeah,when Pete marries Dolores he will of course become Wayne's stepfather because he will be legally married to his mother.

Had Mondo & KerriAnn got married,she would've been Juliet's stepmother. If Carol & Robbie married,he would then become Jack's stepfather.......etc etc.

Sorry for going on but I don't get the problem?! This isn't rocket science,it's normal everyday stuff! I'm perplexed!

If you really really want to go into legal terms to PUSH YOUR POINT get your facts correct. Whatever about considering her as a step parent on emotional grounds, legally step parents under common family law only come into being after the death or divorce of a biological parent. I am 100 % sure in my definition but I am sure you will still dispute it!

http://www.familylawpartners.co.uk/blog/new-blends-the-legal-definition-of-step-parenting

And yes, this is a UK legal source but Irish law follows the same criterion.

Over to you................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Oh I thought all the step-family drama was over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

Any chance we can start a seperate thread for the stepmother or not stepmother debate? It's getting a bit old now, not to mention boring.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Oh I thought all the step-family drama was over :(

it is now!

• Advertisement

ok, i have finished! i think i have given ample evidence i am correct on this tbh!

apologies to anyone but i was merely talking about a comment callum made so it was on topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jim should fire Ama

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jim should fire Ama

If Jim's son is Bob's does that mean Jim is his sons' Stepfather? :)

(sorry couldn't resist)

Yeah she's a bit interferring that Ama one - sees Dr Jim taking pills and immeadiatley thinks 'self medicating' (they could have been tic tacs!) and then goes straight to his estranged brother to blow the whistle - instead of watching the situation and going to the medical council (or whoever deals with these things)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Pretzill wrote: »
    If Jim's son is Bob's does that mean Jim is his sons' Stepfather? :)

(sorry couldn't resist)

Yeah she's a bit interferring that Ama one - sees Dr Jim taking pills and immeadiatley thinks 'self medicating' (they could have been tic tacs!) and then goes straight to his estranged brother to blow the whistle - instead of watching the situation and going to the medical council (or whoever deals with these things)

Even if he had a legit health complaint, it would be no business of Ama's! She's annoying me more lately to be honest, seems to be being reinvented as a busybody.

Is that Charlotte Bishop back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Is that Charlotte Bishop back?

Yes she is and she must love her Lion bars!

typical, girl talks to lesbian....................... must be lesbian also

they smell each other a mile off

ps, i mean by this comment, why cant they have laura going to a bar and meet a girl, not just a girl walking up to her randomly on a street corner and hey presto they both are gay!

does niamh make callum's lunch sandwiches anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

typical, girl talks to lesbian....................... must be lesbian also

It's her wooly jumper and general I listen to KD Lang vibe she's giving off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Where have I seen the one who chatting to Laura before?

What did Charlotte Bishop do?

FC needs to bring back the rest of the Bishops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I realise its a non issue but the way Laura drinks from a mug bugs the bejaysus out of me! Bad enough in her own kitchen but she does it even in a coffee shop! .Its as if they think its a lesbian affect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭xMallx

not just a girl walking up to her randomly on a street corner and hey presto they both are gay!

The same thing happened between herself and Emily Mahon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Only in Fair City can a complete stranger, who claims to be a journalist, ask nearly anything she likes short of asking for credit card details, ends up cosying up in someones house as if she owns the place.

• Advertisement

Pete was doing the hoovering and when she was finished he gave it to Doug & walked away no sign's of plugging the thing out.

Doug invited strangers he met in a bar to come back to his mother's place what the hell.

I think Charlotte is lying nobody is after her she probably just ran away

xMallx wrote: »
    The same thing happened between herself and Emily Mahon

thats my point!

How is Doug affording the rent in the house now his mammy is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

How is Doug affording the rent in the house now his mammy is gone?
    Pete pays so well that his men can live, eat and drink wherever they fancy. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Pete was doing the hoovering and when she was finished he gave it to Doug & walked away no sign's of plugging the thing out./QUOTE]
    There are things such as cordless vacuum machines now.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jadaol

vektarman wrote: »
    Only in Fair City can a complete stranger, who claims to be a journalist, ask nearly anything she likes short of asking for credit card details, ends up cosying up in someones house as if she owns the place.

The questioning trying to get Laura to talk about herself and she knew Damien's shop name. Uv think she's not writing a story about Charity shops. She's trying to get a story on the halpins and that whole story with the mother and da being killed. Can't really remember it but it's a juicy story for a hack

Jadaol wrote: »
    The questioning trying to get Laura to talk about herself and she knew Damien's shop name. Uv think she's not writing a story about Charity shops. She's trying to get a story on the halpins and that whole story with the mother and da being killed. Can't really remember it but it's a juicy story for a hack

what???????? so it isn't going to be an exclusive 5 page feature on a back street second hand shop? damn, was looking forward to that over breakfast sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Jadaol wrote: »

That would be a great story hence it won't happen. Instead it'll be a " the only girls Laura ever meets are gay story " like Emily, Katy and all the rest.... Yawn.. Zzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jadaol

desbrook wrote: »
    That would be a great story hence it won't happen. Instead it'll be a " the only girls Laura ever meets are gay story " like Emily, Katy and all the rest.... Yawn.. Zzzz

You're probably right given how tedious it's been for months now. I'm thinking of calling it a day if it doesn't improve

• Advertisement

desbrook wrote: »

the best story they could have done with laura, relationship wise, would have been to make her and Ama fall for eachother when they were really close after she broke up with her brother. they actually had a bit of chemistry and it really looked like they were going there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement