Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Because it's Dublin's Fair City, who wouldn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

And where did your one Nicola vanish off to after coming back for a few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Garzard wrote: »
    And where did your one Nicola vanish off to after coming back for a few days?

Not Mallow anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

They're making maximum use of the set outside the Station. Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why wasn't it on tonight ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

never is on a Bank Holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Why wasn't it on tonight ?

I knew someone would ask that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 googleaddict

Just seen trailer for next weeks storyline, anyone know what's up with caoimhe??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Just seen trailer for next weeks storyline, anyone know what's up with caoimhe??

I wondered too, can't find any online spoilers, tropical disease maybe? STD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is she up the duff, junior Damo on the way :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Might save a few posts for people:

Question: "Why wasn't it on tonight"

Answer: "Fair City is never on on Bank Holiday Sundays"

• Registered Users Posts: 18 googleaddict

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I don't think baby waynzer is ready to be an uncle yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I don't think baby waynzer is ready to be an uncle yet!

I had to think about that one for a minute!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Caomine hasn't been around for a while, what shiet is FS going to create now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Bet she will and Ireland's Jennifer Aniston will find a way to steal her spotlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Might save a few posts for people:

Question: "Why wasn't it on tonight"

Answer: "Fair City is never on on Bank Holiday Sundays"

Yet they show Easties on the Monday - makes no sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

If Caoimhe is pregnant, will Tommy be back for the christening?!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Spoiler:

Bela makes a return tonight. Isn't that great?!!
    Laura and Nina are back, along with Hayley.
    Out with the old, in with the (not-so) new. . . .

tk123 wrote: »
    Yet they show Easties on the Monday - makes no sense!

I presume by "Easties" you mean Eastenders.......

Because Bank Holiday Monday is essentially a "school night". IE a vast majority of viewers will go out on Sunday bank holidays as there is no work the next day or go away for the weekend. The Monday viewing figures are less disrupted, in fact B.H. Mondays and other public holidays see higher viewing figures than other work week days. RTE see this as an opportunity to cut a show without too much disruption. Given they throw out 4 shows a week for a low budget, small cast list soap 4 days a week is pretty good return.

Anyway BBC produce Eastenders, not RTE. There is no UK soaps on on a Sunday night or Saturday night for the above reasons. Its just a traditional thing. Coronation street tried sunday nights for a year and half but weren't getting great figures as reality shows like X Factor/Strictly were emerging so they ditched it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I presume by "Easties" you mean Eastenders.......

Because Bank Holiday Monday is essentially a "school night". IE a vast majority of viewers will go out on Sunday bank holidays as there is no work the next day or go away for the weekend. The Monday viewing figures are less disrupted, in fact B.H. Mondays and other public holidays see higher viewing figures than other work week days. RTE see this as an opportunity to cut a show without too much disruption. Given they throw out 4 shows a week for a low budget, small cast list soap 4 days a week is pretty good return.

Anyway BBC produce Eastenders, not RTE. There is no UK soaps on on a Sunday night or Saturday night for the above reasons. Its just a traditional thing. Coronation street tried sunday nights for a year and half but weren't getting great figures as reality shows like X Factor/Strictly were emerging so they ditched it.

but dont Fair City have loads of sponsorship deals with chill insurance, Eurospar and the Credit Union, so why is money an issue with them putting out the show on the days they are supposed to? Fair city is probably one of their most profitable shows with all the sponsorship deals.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    but dont Fair City have loads of sponsorship deals with chill insurance, Eurospar and the Credit Union, so why is money an issue with them putting out the show on the days they are supposed to? Fair city is probably one of their most profitable shows with all the sponsorship deals.

I don't know the official line but it is 100% due to "budgetary constraints". It is profitable obviously but as I said it puts 4 shows out a week. Do you really feel that deprived missing one episode of what is a very average (at most!) show, lets be honest!!

Personally I think one of their biggest issues is trying to get enough material to fill 4 episodes with such a small cast. Three would be enough. That is why we have stories going around in circles for weeks/months. Script being repeated and constant to and fros from characters about their opinions/decisions/point of views/attitudes. They simply don't have the characters or the writer skills to put out that many shows if you ask me.

Such as...

Sunday: "I love you"

Tuesday: "I don't love you"

Wednesday: "Actually I love you, but do you love me"

Thursday: "Yeah, I always knew you loved me, but no I dont think I love you"

Sunday: "But I lov you".

etc
    etc
    etc

Sunday: "You have until Tuesday to give me my money"
    Tuesday: "Right you better have that money by tomorrow"
    Wednesday"Where is my bleedin' money, one more day"
    Thursday: "I will have your money next month, I promise"

FOLLOWING MONTH: "I can't actually remember but did you owe me money.............?................If so don't worry about it because I love you"

etc
    etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don't know the official line but it is 100% due to "budgetary constraints". It is profitable obviously but as I said it puts 4 shows out a week. Do you really feel that deprived missing one episode of what is a very average (at most!) show, lets be honest!!

Personally I think one of their biggest issues is trying to get enough material to fill 4 episodes with such a small cast. Three would be enough. That is why we have stories going around in circles for weeks/months. Script being repeated and constant to and fros from characters about their opinions/decisions/point of views/attitudes. They simply don't have the characters or the writer skills to put out that many shows if you ask me.
    ya i hate when they dont show it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :)
    its more annoying than anything else because they seem to be doing it now a lot more than just when the bank holidays are on, any excuse they will try not to show it because when the other soaps dont show an episode they make up for it with a double episode or put an extra one on. :)

its more annoying than anything else because they seem to be doing it now a lot more than just when the bank holidays are on, any excuse they will try not to show it because when the other soaps dont show an episode they make up for it with a double episode or put an extra one on. :)

The other soaps have budgets 3 or 4 times the amount of FC and draw in 10 times the viewers so its logic. As I said 4 times is far too many episodes for a soap like FC who have a tiny cast and relatively poor storys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Did the tarmac change in the shop?

Orla is going to get Test results for Junior..........

My advice..............

a_man_covering_his_ears_because_the_band_sucks.jpg

Studying in the busy diner at lunchtime because the community centre isn't quiet enough!!! Jeez, there must be a rave in the centre isf that is what is classified as "quiet"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

+1 or the other soaps plan a big storyline around bank holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i love how they're suddenly throwing in loads of characters we haven't seen in weeks in tonights episode.

• Advertisement

and now they are studying in the kitchen while Mafia man Paul makes the dinner!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement