Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

fin12 wrote: »
    Neil is a smooth operator!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, for women who think that a virtual stranger throwing a drink over his face in a bar is somehow admirable and chivalrous. I'm fairly certain that 99% of women would run a mile but the Fair City writers exist in a parallel universe where aforementioned woman decides go back to her place with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Yes, for women who think that a virtual stranger throwing a drink over his face in a bar is somehow admirable and chivalrous. I'm fairly certain that 99% of women would run a mile but the Fair City writers exist in a parallel universe where aforementioned woman decides go back to her place with him.

I meant it as a joke, chill out, obviously pouring a drink over your head screams psycho!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Watched FC for the first time in weeks and already the inconsistentcies are flying out!!

Firstly did I dream that Me Daaa was a teacher in NZ?? Coz she forgot when talking to Rachel !!

Then there's Caoimhes reaction to baby "Daoimhe" coming. No mention of her medicine plans or work or anything but Damo??? Wtf?

Incidentally Orla had the big collapsing thing too. Think it was in the pub after shopping. Strangely though she was five months pregnant not five weeks lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone else think that Hayley is stunning? Very classic looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

desbrook wrote: »
    Watched FC for the first time in weeks and already the inconsistentcies are flying out!!

Firstly did I dream that Me Daaa was a teacher in NZ?? Coz she forgot when talking to Rachel !!

Then there's Caoimhes reaction to baby "Daoimhe" coming. No mention of her medicine plans or work or anything but Damo??? Wtf?

Incidentally Orla had the big collapsing thing too. Think it was in the pub after shopping. Strangely though she was five months pregnant not five weeks lol.

Hilarious, I didn't pick up on that! And yes I could of sworn Orla got the pregnancy collapsies too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

walshb wrote: »
    Anyone else think that Hayley is stunning? Very classic looking.

I will be honest with you as you asked. Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

desbrook wrote: »

I like it.

I will be honest with you as you asked. Nope.

Really? Disregard the voice and look at just the face. Very pretty girl!

Rachel Please people are been nice to you and when they do you complain and when they don't you complain she really gets on my nerves and she's only 18?

Rachel Please people are been nice to you and when they do you complain and when they don't you complain she really gets on my nerves and she's only 18?

She's the biggest cnut in any soap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

I think she is savage

mrmorgan wrote: »
    I think she is savage

I didn't really notice it until last night. Very pretty/natural girl. It's the cheek bones and smile.

Ah I half kidding, the actress is very pretty.

rebecca-3-colour.jpg

But if you pointed out the actress I wouldn't associate her with the character, as strange as it seems She was well casted though and wardrobe done a good job on her. Her hair, clothes, demeanour and accent suit her character to a tee! Much like Doug. I am sure the actress is completely different in real life!!

Nothing classy about chasing Decco Bishop then heading home after 20 seconds with a guy who looked off his head!

Ah I half kidding, the actress is very pretty.

rebecca-3-colour.jpg

But if you pointed out the actress I wouldn't associate her with the character, as strange as it seems She was well casted though and wardrobe done a good job on her. Her hair, clothes, demeanour and accent suit her character to a tee! Much like Doug. I am sure the actress is completely different in real life!!

Nothing classy about chasing Decco Bishop then heading home after 20 seconds with a guy who looked off his head!

Has a classic look, but far from classy!

She's a classic hoe!

Typical the woman gets called a slut and hoar, what about Neil, hes a slut as well so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Typical the woman gets called a slut and hoar, what about Neil, hes a slut as well so.

nah that fella is a legend, pulling after about 20 seconds despite being off his rocker!

That happens when they behave like Hayley. Wonder who'll be next when the writers need some space/pointless stories to fill? Maybe Dan will get a go in his wheelchair?

calm down! neil just brought her home for dinner. Neil was a gentleman. He even offered her a bed to sleep and breakfast in the morning. I just hope she doesnt take advantage of Neils kindness as he is very vulnerable atm and emotional turmoul may push him over the edge. ................ !

thats a joke btw! We already know a fair percentage of single men are easy!! But that scene was just bizarre! They could have at least let them have a few drinks before the proposition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Neil not a slut, just insane tbh.

• Advertisement

calm down! neil just brought her home for dinner. Neil was a gentleman. He even offered her a bed to sleep and breakfast in the morning. I just hope she doesnt take advantage of Neils kindness as he is very vulnerable atm and emotional turmoul may push him over the edge. ................ !

Hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Some serious overacting there from Caoimhe and Damo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Maclean Burke not so smart now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Was that continuity announcer guy after Fair City eating while he was talking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Did Orla say they got Tommy's test result back? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Neil gets a barman's job on Tuesday, on Wednesday he offers to cook a luxury 5-course dinner and tries to book a Spanish holiday. Of course, no question of not being able to take time off from his employer, or money being being a bit short. That doesn't happen in the parallel world that is FC .

And Charlotte, being an unpaid junior member of staff in the almost-empty Community Centre, has the authority to bar people for no reason.

*Sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

coolhull wrote: »
    Neil gets a barman's job on Tuesday, on Wednesday he offers to cook a luxury 5-course dinner and tries to book a Spanish holiday. Of course, no question of not being able to take time off from his employer, or money being being a bit short. That doesn't happen in the parallel world that is FC

In fairness, those are supposed to be the impulsive and being reckless with money signs of his mania

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

In fairness, those are supposed to be the impulsive and being reckless with money signs of his mania

yeah, the type of mania they are trying to convey, in my understanding of manic depression/bipolar, is the ''lets do this, let's do that, no wait lets do this now, lets do everything''

one minute you want to find the cure for cancer, climb mount Everest, build a small town, feed the poor and marry someone in a shotgun vegas wedding, the next minute you want to do nothing. of course im not a medical expert so that's my own understanding of the illness which I don't suffer from. we haven't really seen the depression ''down'' side of neil's disorder if any at all. I think he just feels 'high' all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Robsweezie wrote: »
    yeah, the type of mania they are trying to convey, in my understanding of manic depression/bipolar, is the ''lets do this, let's do that, no wait lets do this now, lets do everything''

one minute you want to find the cure for cancer, climb mount Everest, build a small town, feed the poor and marry someone in a shotgun vegas wedding, the next minute you want to do nothing. of course im not a medical expert so that's my own understanding of the illness which I don't suffer from. we haven't really seen the depression ''down'' side of neil's disorder if any at all. I think he just feels 'high' all the time.

I'm bipolar and mania can be very much like you describe. Reckless spending and loss of impulsivity control are two of the biggest symptoms, along with other reckless behaviour - alcohol, drugs, dangerous activity. He shows signs of racing thoughts, grandiose delusions/sense of self (thinking he's better than the medication, telling Dolly she can cure her own cancer, calling Hayley 'the one' etc). The portrayal has gotten better as it's gone on although I do notice his body language can be very calm a lot of the time - agitation, fidgeting, unfocused eyes, general physical signs of that extreme elation (and associated irritability) often accompany the mania.

So far we've only seen mania, but isolated manic events are pretty common - they're not always accompanied by depression, and vice versa. He could also rapid cycle where he switches between the two in short intervals or have a mixed episode with symptoms of both.

Also I don't know what medication he's supposedly on, but it's very unlikely he would just be given them to take with no follow-up with a psychiatrist or be treated by a GP in these initial stages. Lithium, for example, a pretty common mood stabiliser requires regular blood tests to monitor the levels as it can be toxic. It would also be unlikely to get the exact dosage of any medication right first time - I know he's not taking them at all, but there would definitely be pressure for for him to follow up if not be hospitalised.

Of course my experience isn't the only experience of bipolarity and it's good to see them address the issue. I'll hold judgement on the whole storyline until I see it play out.

• Advertisement

why did Laura say to Damien on the phone your not Marty halpin? If he was there father why not say "your nothing like our dad" that was weird

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement