Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

why did Laura say to Damien on the phone your not Marty halpin? If he was there father why not say "your nothing like our dad" that was weird

That was a measure of how much they distanced themselves from the guy. They refer to him as if he's a stranger and he was never their dad.

Damiens attitude is ironic to say the least though - by rejecting Caoimhe he's going to be on his way to being an awful father, just what hhe's trying to avoid.

Also what about the unbelievable line " I never thought I'd be in this situation " . My sittingroom erupted in laughter. Short of a vasectomy there's always a possibility of being in that situation if you are having an ongoing sexual relationship like he was. He really should have had the snip if he felt so strongly. Anyway in a few weeks he'll be all loved up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Why can' they have a more normal and every day occurrence when your GF tells you that she is expecting a baby and that you are going to be a father? Some bloody emotion and happiness! It's not like Caoimhe is some one night stand job stranger, like Hayley!

Why is pregnancy in soap always a bad thing never good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Why is pregnancy in soap always a bad thing never good news

Damo and Caoimhe must have been at it like rabbits to get pregnant that quick on holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

desbrook wrote: »
    That was a measure of how much they distanced themselves from the guy. They refer to him as if he's a stranger and he was never their dad.

Damiens attitude is ironic to say the least though - by rejecting Caoimhe he's going to be on his way to being an awful father, just what hhe's trying to avoid.

Also what about the unbelievable line " I never thought I'd be in this situation " . My sittingroom erupted in laughter. Short of a vasectomy there's always a possibility of being in that situation if you are having an ongoing sexual relationship like he was. He really should have had the snip if he felt so strongly. Anyway in a few weeks he'll be all loved up!!

When he said to Caoimhe "I cannot be a father", I assumed for a moment he has been shooting blanks and is physically incapable of fathering a child. But it seems he is referring to his own troubled background. He certainly is behaving with enormous insensitivity towards Caoimhe : flying into a rage and then storming out of the house as soon as he found out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Strazdas wrote: »
    When he said to Caoimhe "I cannot be a father", I assumed for a moment he has been shooting blanks and is physically incapable of fathering a child. But it seems he is referring to his own troubled background. He certainly is behaving with enormous insensitivity towards Caoimhe : flying into a rage and then storming out of the house as soon as he found out.

Well its his own fault because if he felt that strongly about never having kids, like another poster said here he should have got a Vasectomy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I vary rarely praise FC and usually think it's rather terrible.., BUT:

is it just me who thinks this Neil bipolar storyline has been handled excellently? The actor is fantastic imo and is really portraying manic behavioir imo. I'm not bipolar and don't know anyone with it but the story seems very realistic to me. I'm really pleasantly surprised. Why can't all the storylines be written like this? Neil's story has kept me watching Fair City and genuinely intrigued as to where it will go from here. Inevitably Jackie will find out Neil isn't taking his meds. I wonder will he eventually be sectioned as he seems in complete denial about being ill. I reckon that girl he's after has been brought in for a reason. I think she has a part to play in this storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

yea true Neil is a pretty good actor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I preferred the other actor who played Neil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Lollipop95 wrote: »

is it just me who thinks this Neil bipolar storyline has been handled excellently? The actor is fantastic imo and is really portraying manic behavioir imo. I'm not bipolar and don't know anyone with it but the story seems very realistic to me. I'm really pleasantly surprised. Why can't all the storylines be written like this? Neil's story has kept me watching Fair City and genuinely intrigued as to where it will go from here. Inevitably Jackie will find out Neil isn't taking his meds. I wonder will he eventually be sectioned as he seems in complete denial about being ill. I reckon that girl he's after has been brought in for a reason. I think she has a part to play in this storyline

Yes, he's very good at playing someone who is manic and hyper and behaving quite erratically. Interestingly Jackie is the one who is most able to spot his manic symptoms (probably through her own experience of the illness).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've seen Conall Keating who plays Neil in theatre before and he was excellent. I think he was a good choice for the bi-polar storyline and I hope it's an ongoing storyline and won't just be wrapped up quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

STIG83 wrote: »
    Damo and Caoimhe must have been at it like rabbits to get pregnant that quick on holiday.

Firstly she's was six weeks gone secondly try www.easons.ie for a book on the facts of life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

The girl was in it already. she was Decco's girlfriend. they were like a version of Miss Piggy and Kermit the frog with her bossing him around and him just submissive to whatever she wanted to do, much like Dermot and Jo also.

the story is good, but it is the repetitive scenes that make it a little too much. That and the fact that it is so intensive of a storyline (ie every second scene- much like every story that comes in FC and runs for 3 months without it being barely mentioned again) This story could be better played out as a slow burner but I do understand the way FC do their contracts so its understandable. I agree, the guy is a good actor and I am enjoying Carrie Crowley and Pete has always been a good actor. The actor who plays Doug I am 99% sure is just playing himself!! But he is brilliant! he is my faourite character to watch onscreen! Where FC let themselves down in this story is the smaller details, like Neils constant reminders to the audience that he is a chef and he cooks and the need for a lot of his scenes (things like that grate on me!) The doctors indiscretion about his illness, the silly scene where he walked in threw a glass of water over himself and then managed to convince your one he had oonly just met in the Spar to come home with him?? It was just a bit too much.

What usually happens with these stories on FC is that they just wrap up with a climax and there is no running aftermath.

But yeah, FC standard wise, It isn't bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Damian is such a knob!

Are Dean and Louise going to spend the month of June outside Vino's talking to Nina and Damo's sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Are Dean and Louise going to spend the month of June outside Vino's talking to Nina and Damo's sister?

At least Louise is well dressed for our June weather anyway in her big black coat with the big fur collar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

We see Neil on a high all the time , are there not lows aswell with bipolar?

Bullocks wrote: »

He only looks 16. Yet we're to believe he's a fully trained Chef who has worked in London and Paris. :D

He only looks 16. Yet we're to believe he's a fully trained Chef who has worked in London and Paris. :D

Michelin star no less !

Michelin star no less !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

If there are no 'lows' I don't think I'd want take medication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Have some patience..he will flip out soon... hanging around with Doug and Jackie would drive anyone over the edge.

Have some patience..he will flip out soon... hanging around with Doug and Jackie would drive anyone over the edge.

(not a ) MOD NOTE: No slagging Doug on this thread

Doug is actually nice and sweet any girl be lucky to have him

Haha! made you look

Haha! made you look
    No you didn't. I can see through it anyway

No you didn't. I can see through it anyway

Superman! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Yes, but not necessarily all in one occurrence. There can be mixed states of mania and depression in various ways or completely separate.
    If there are no 'lows' I don't think I'd want take medication.

Mania can be horrific. Your brain won't stop, your thoughts won't stop, you can completely lose your impulse control and do dangerous or embarrassing things. You don't sleep, there's not enough time in the day to do everything going on in your bran, the world moves too slow and can make you deranged trying to cope with it. There can be delusions, even hallucinations. I find mania so much more damaging and debilitating than depression.

STIG83 wrote: »

???? .... It only takes once to get pregnant!! U don't have to be going at it like rabbits?? Anyway they've been in a relationship for months .... Caliche is 8 weeks pregnant so it didn't even happen on hols :)

• Advertisement

Nina is pissing me off, one day she is moving to London (if she got the job) now she wants Laura to move in with her, no explanation as to what would happen if she got the job in London! .......... Still no sign of Paula working in the Station (I haven't forgot)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement