Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I realise this is Fair City, and most of the characters couldn't pick their real daddy out of a small crowd, but...

....Can someone tell me why Rachel keep calling Bela 'Grandad'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

coolhull wrote: »
    I realise this is Fair City, and most of the characters couldn't pick their real daddy out of a small crowd, but...

....Can someone tell me why Rachel keep calling Bela 'Grandad'?

Her mother was bellas daughter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Have some patience..he will flip out soon... hanging around with Doug and Jackie would drive anyone over the edge.

I dont think hanging out with Doug would drive anyone over the edge, hes a really nice guy and a good son and brother.

JillyQ wrote: »
    Her mother was bellas daughter

Of course :rolleyes:
    Then is there a reason why she never has any interaction with her 'aunts'?

Doug is actually nice and sweet any girl be lucky to have him

so true, I say Doug would be a lovely boyfriend to have. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

She and Yvonne used to talk quite a bit. Yvonne gave her some work in vinos if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

She did with Yvonne but strangely we never see her talking to Louise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Strazdas wrote: »
    She did with Yvonne but strangely we never see her talking to Louise

I wouldn't worry. Laura never exchanged a word with Louise up until a few weeks ago, now they are best mates :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Because one of them is dead, the other is in Australia and the other (Louise) one isn't actually her aunt. She claims to be her aunt but we all know that she is just an extra from Ros na Run who was headhunted by Yvonne because she was particularly good at chopping tomatos, pouting, making sarcastic and bitchy remarks, never smiling, always wearing a black nun like outfit and being a very boring character. Even Rachel has a more cheerful disposition and that says a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Because one of them is dead, the other is in Australia and the other (Louise) one isn't actually her aunt. She claims to be her aunt but we all know that she is just an extra from Ros na Run who was headhunted by Yvonne because she was particularly good at chopping tomatos, pouting, making sarcastic and bitchy remarks, never smiling, always wearing a black nun like outfit and being a very boring character. Even Rachel has a more cheerful disposition and that says a lot

Is Yvonne dead, or are you thinking of Helen, Rachel's mother?

• Advertisement

Nina is pissing me off, one day she is moving to London (if she got the job) now she wants Laura to move in with her, no explanation as to what would happen if she got the job in London! .......... Still no sign of Paula working in the Station (I haven't forgot)

Or no follow up with the social wondering why an old woman stop collecting her pension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Actually could anyone tell me about Helen, Rachel's real mother? Is she dead/how did she die? Also, what was the story with her and Paul? I googled and all I got was Helen left another man at the alter for Paul. Apparently this happened in 1994, before I was born so f anyone could fill me in I'd appreciate it :p I also wonder why Niamh refers to Rachel as her daughter...is that not a bit disrespectful to Helen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Charlotte calling him Bela one day and the next calling him Mr. Doyle ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

desbrook wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry. Laura never exchanged a word with Louise up until a few weeks ago, now they are best mates :/

Actually Laura and Louise (and Ciara Cassidy) were best friends during their secondary school days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Actually Laura and Louise (and Ciara Cassidy) were best friends during their secondary school days.

The writers just remembered this obviously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Actually could anyone tell me about Helen, Rachel's real mother? Is she dead/how did she die? Also, what was the story with her and Paul? I googled and all I got was Helen left another man at the alter for Paul. Apparently this happened in 1994, before I was born so f anyone could fill me in I'd appreciate it :p I also wonder why Niamh refers to Rachel as her daughter...is that not a bit disrespectful to Helen?

Here is a lengthy article about Helen's death from the Irish Times TV critic at that time (September 1998).....Helen had earlier been involved in a car accident :

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/playing-with-life-and-death-1.190351

This is her at the start of this short clip from 1994 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GUqlH3xjQ

Check out Doug's alter ego / inspiration at 0.14 too :D

Can anyone remember when Damien was married to Suzanne, did the issue of having children come up? Did they agree not to have them? or did Suzanne think he would change his mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

fin12 wrote: »
    Can anyone remember when Damien was married to Suzanne, did the issue of having children come up? Did they agree not to have them? or did Suzanne think he would change his mind?

He didn't want them with her either, wise decision seeing as she started beating him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Saw Dr Shane in this weeks episode of Penny Dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

I think the bipolar story is excellent, maybe a bit exagerated but excellent. I feel sorry for Doug, he is getting pulled in all directions.

When caoimhes baby is born, will Tommy be back and discover Junior is his? Damo will come round eventually and it'll be grand I'm sure. He did have an issue with Suzanne and children and they agreed not to have children, but Suzanne wasn't entirely happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Where is Yvonne again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

The lovely Louise will be leaving her hair down finally!

MelanieC wrote: »
    Where is Yvonne again?

Yvonne went off to Galway in February to 'get her head together' and to 'find herself'.
    I hope she did find herself, because nobody else in Carrigstown went looking for her, or even enquired how she is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

The lovely Louise will be leaving her hair down finally!

Her pubic hair?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Damien is some dick. Where are the stupid smiley faces now? Arsehole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are Caoimhe and Orla now best mates, I preferred them as fighting enemies

Is Yvonne gone for good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Yvonne gone for good?

I hope not I expect her back with Robbie junior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope not I expect her back with Robbie junior

Robbie Junior - great idea ! Who will she give the baby to this time ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 softkitty

jos28 wrote: »
    Robbie Junior - great idea ! Who will she give the baby to this time ?

She will dump him on Dan as revenge for not saying he loved her or Carol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement