Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

No-one enquires about Callum or his welfare/whereabouts anymore either. Even his parents. Out of sight out of mind for the residents of Carrigstown. No doubt if Caoimhe had gone to Kilkenny,Damian would've just carried on as normal,happy as larry & forgotten all about the fact that he had a child out there. It's not very realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

I wonder how is Zach Dillon getting on with his leaving cert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I wonder how is Zach Dillon getting on with his leaving cert ?

Nice to see that someone cares enough to ask. His family obviously doesn't!
    By the way.Doctor Doolittle went out to Africa about a year ago for a six- month stay. Has she too been forgotten about? And Bob went out to sweep the footpath about a month ago and hasn't come back in since.
    And if Carrigstown Garda station has a missing persons unit, they should start looking for Frank. He's missing too. There are cars and vans driving all around the place now with broken tail-lights.
    Carrigstown is a paradise for law-breakers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

MelanieC wrote: »
    No-one enquires about Callum or his welfare/whereabouts anymore either. Even his parents. Out of sight out of mind for the residents of Carrigstown. No doubt if Caoimhe had gone to Kilkenny,Damian would've just carried on as normal,happy as larry & forgotten all about the fact that he had a child out there. It's not very realistic.

When has Paul ever mentioned Oisin? his son in Cork, even when Nicola came up that time I dont even think he asked her about him, and he never goes down to cork to see him either, absolute joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Laura is one gorgeous girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Must say I thought last night was excellent. It was rather tense watching Neil on the banister, I thought for a minute he might actually fall! Brilliant actor and the lad who plays Dan was great too. The bipolar storyline has definitely turned the show around imo.

I liked the Rachel/Paul conversation too. Good acting from the girl who plays Rachel. As I said previously though, why does Rachel NEVER mention Helen? She seems to think of Niamh as her mother (so does Niamh!). I know Rachel lost her mother when she was very young (like 2?) but still...it's odd that she's never mentioned, I thought she would've been last night by Paul - it's even odder that he never mentions her.

The Damien/Caoimhe pregnancy story is good too. I'm intrigued about Damien's tramautic childhood. I never watched it years ago so I presume it was covered then - but what's the full story? From what I gathered last night, his father was abusive and an alcoholic. What about his mother?

Anyways, I really do think the standard has upped at FC. Maybe they've changed their writers but for once I don't actually think it's crap with crap acting - dare I say it's getting really good :p Long may it continue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Must say I thought last night was excellent. It was rather tense watching Neil on the banister, I thought for a minute he might actually fall! Brilliant actor and the lad who plays Dan was great too. The bipolar storyline has definitely turned the show around imo.

I liked the Rachel/Paul conversation too. Good acting from the girl who plays Rachel. As I said previously though, why does Rachel NEVER mention Helen? She seems to think of Niamh as her mother (so does Niamh!). I know Rachel lost her mother when she was very young (like 2?) but still...it's odd that she's never mentioned, I thought she would've been last night by Paul - it's even odder that he never mentions her.

The Damien/Caoimhe pregnancy story is good too. I'm intrigued about Damien's tramautic childhood. I never watched it years ago so I presume it was covered then - but what's the full story? From what I gathered last night, his father was abusive and an alcoholic. What about his mother?

Anyways, I really do think the standard has upped at FC. Maybe they've changed their writers but for once I don't actually think it's crap with crap acting - dare I say it's getting really good :p Long may it continue!

Damian's father was a violent, abusive man who beat up his wife and family. He ended up killing his wife and then himself. He was Marty Halpin, basically Billy Meehan mark 2 without the drug dealing.

threetrees wrote: »
    I think the bipolar story is excellent, maybe a bit exagerated but excellent. I feel sorry for Doug, he is getting pulled in all directions.

When caoimhes baby is born, will Tommy be back and discover Junior is his? Damo will come round eventually and it'll be grand I'm sure. He did have an issue with Suzanne and children and they agreed not to have children, but Suzanne wasn't entirely happy with that.

I think Tommy is coming back into it this or next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I think Niamh adopted Rachel too, so it's natural they would consider themselves mother and daughter. Helen is mentioned from time to time, sometimes by Paul, sometimes by Bela, maybe once or twice by Yvonne? There was something recently about Rachel having a photo of her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Watching Vikings here now. Series 3 episode 7. Good old Doctor Jim is in it playing a French lad called Count Odo.
    I remember Louie Gleeson in it Series 1.
    I think I'll give up on Fair City for a while, it's just ridiculous at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Damian's father was a violent, abusive man who beat up his wife and family. He ended up killing his wife and then himself. He was Marty Halpin, basically Billy Meehan mark 2 without the drug dealing.

He was much more likeable than Billy Meehan, a skanger thug played by a skanger thug.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shouldn't damo apply for planning permission for this extension?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Laura is one gorgeous girl.

Beautiful smile

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Laura is quite anti-child though.

Also - why do they keep mentioning "the baby". It's a fetus. :rolleyes:

He was much more likeable than Billy Meehan, a skanger thug played by a skanger thug.

Which made him worse. With Meehan, you knew what you were getting. He was a violent, reckless, wifebeating drug dealer that even Nidge and Fran would distance themselves from! But Halpin (can't remember what his job was but it was not criminality) was a seemingly respectable guy who could show 2 sides. I don't recall him being an alcoholic or drug addict either. He was a bit like Coronation St's Richard Hillman. But more angry (Hillman was a conniving murderous suave conman; Halpin was a man who could not control himself but could also convince people he changed).

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Shouldn't damo apply for planning permission for this extension?

Nah! That's for ordinary people. FC folks just have to announce their plans, and hey presto, within a week laundrettes are open, houses bought and sold, jobs obtained, two-story houses become bungalows, and every week people move from one house in the street to another house in the street. Without the need for plastic bags or cardboard boxes.
    Carrigstown - heaven on earth :rolleyes:

coolhull wrote: »
    Nah! That's for ordinary people. FC folks just have to announce their plans, and hey presto, within a week laundrettes are open, houses bought and sold, jobs obtained, two-story houses become bungalows, and every week people move from one house in the street to another house in the street. Without the need for plastic bags or cardboard boxes.
    Carrigstown - heaven on earth :rolleyes:

:D

Only fair that Damien buys Laura out he wants he best of both worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Only fair that Damien buys Laura out he wants he best of both worlds

It's just a plot device anyway! They're doing another renters shuffle to bring people together.
    Katie moved back home because hormonal caliche goes crazy about conditioner leaves a 'spare room' for The Baby.
    Laura has no choice but to move in with Nina.
    Louise and Dean, our resident posers, move in together.
    Mondo living with Decco to cause friction
    Neil living in Charlie's with doctor Shane
    Then Dolores's
    Dolores probably moves into Orla and Wayne's 'spare room'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's just a plot device anyway! They're doing another renters shuffle to bring people together.
    Katie moved back home because hormonal caliche goes crazy about conditioner leaves a 'spare room' for The Baby.
    Laura has no choice but to move in with Nina.
    Louise and Dean, our resident posers, move in together.
    Mondo living with Decco to cause friction
    Neil living in Charlie's with doctor Shane
    Then Dolores's
    Dolores probably moves into Orla and Wayne's 'spare room'
    The way things are going she could end up in an urn on the mantlepiece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

sligojoek wrote: »
    The way things are going she could end up in an urn on the mantlepiece.
    looks that way just read the spoilers! See she is moving after all. Neil will probably keep the flat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Louise looks sensational

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Me Daaaaa has found her calling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

what's Bob's problem with Tommy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Louise looks sensational

She looks too thin
    what's Bob's problem with Tommy?

He shot him and stalked Judy while she dated Bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

We all know what's going to happen when Farrah shows those photos to the agent, don't we? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

I hope it develops into a running joke on FC that Meeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaaa takes up a new profession every 4/5 months and completely disregards her last jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Lol. Watching on +1 now. Could have sworn when Tommy Dillon asked Orla what's the baby's name, she said 'Ram Junior'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I hope it develops into a running joke on FC that Meeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaaa takes up a new profession every 4/5 months and completely disregards her last jobs!

Who is Meeeee Daaaaaaa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    Who is Meeeee Daaaaaaa?

Farrah (Christy's daughter)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement