Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penalties for cancelling eircom.

Options
  • 30-01-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

How do I find out how if I incur a disconnection fee or penalties for cancelling eircom. ?

If anyone in eircom actually to care to ask ? I lost broadband connection shortly before the 10 of jan. It still has not been fixed with the latest update being a few more weeks.
    No apologies just the usual bills for no service. Major upset to my work.

Eircom customer service is a charm to behold.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

The great news is it is currently free to cancel ie. no penalty because they broke the terms of the contract by doing a price increase on April 1st. Phone 1901 and they will confirm this. Got calls this morning from other operators offering deals. People in their droves jumping ship. When I phoned Eircom they offered to cancel out the price increase if I stayed but I am happy to leave while retaining my landline number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

ClonNGB wrote: »
    The great news is it is currently free to cancel ie. no penalty because they broke the terms of the contract by doing a price increase on April 1st. Phone 1901 and they will confirm this. Got calls this morning from other operators offering deals. People in their droves jumping ship. When I phoned Eircom they offered to cancel out the price increase if I stayed but I am happy to leave while retaining my landline number.
    I can totally understand why so many people leaving. Over xmas i was away and missed my payment by five days, my line was stopped so i immediately paid over the phone but after the payment was processed a message on the phone told me i had been charged €22 for reconnection. I rang Eircom again and was told nothing they could do as it would not show up until my next bill and for me to ring back when i received my bill next and they would sort it out. Rang back today after getting my bill and was totally met by unhelpful and do what you like attitude. 20 years with Eircom but not be anymore for much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

How do I find out how if I incur a disconnection fee or penalties for cancelling eircom. ?

If anyone in eircom actually to care to ask ? I lost broadband connection shortly before the 10 of jan. It still has not been fixed with the latest update being a few more weeks.
    No apologies just the usual bills for no service. Major upset to my work.

Eircom customer service is a charm to behold.
    Hello homewardbound11

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. As a result of the price changes to contract the would be no cancellation fee but to eircom notice of intent to cancel please contact cancellations on free phone 1901.

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number so I can help with the broadband issues please feel free to do so

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Just rang them there after reading this and they're refusing to cancel price increase if I stay on with them.
    Would like some clarification on this from Eircom please.

leeside11 wrote: »

Just rang them there after reading this and they're refusing to cancel price increase if I stay on with them.
    Would like some clarification on this from Eircom please.
    Hi leeside11

The price changes will not be reversed for choosing to remain a customer.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

That's strange because when I phoned them this morning they offered that (no price increase if you stay). Why offer it one customer and not another ?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hello homewardbound11

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. As a result of the price changes to contract the would be no cancellation fee but to eircom notice of intent to cancel please contact cancellations on free phone 1901.

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number so I can help with the broadband issues please feel free to do so

Thanks
    AL
    Thanks Alan.
    I sent a pm with my phone number a few days ago . I'll dig out the ac number. Funny thin is after 20 days I just got a dsl internet signal . Are you the miracle worker? I was told it would be several more weeks as a traffic management team would be needed.
    Now maybe after all this time I'm asking too much to have the speeds returned to what they were. 6mb

I am one of the direct fed customers connected to an efibre'd exchange that currently doesn't go through a cabinet so can't get e-fibre. Are Eircom perhaps only insisting on price increase for people getting the full e-fibre 100Mb service ? In a way, that seems fair. I would have been happy to pay a bit extra to go from 14Mb to 85Mb/100Mb. 

That's strange because when I phoned them this morning they offered that (no price increase if you stay). Why offer it one customer and not another ?
    Hi ClonNGB

I've been advised by accounts that In some cases a new package is available to accounts which reflect the savings of the same amount or more in the price changes. I'm unaware of the details of packages but if this is something anybody wants to explore than I advise contacting sales on free phone 1901

Al

Hi ClonNGB

I've been advised by accounts that In some cases a new package is available to accounts which reflect the savings of the same amount or more in the price changes. I'm unaware of the details of packages but if this is something anybody wants to explore than I advise contacting sales on free phone 1901

Al
    The (helpful) chap on the cancellation desk made no bones about it. I didn't even ask for it as I am cancelling anyway but he was quite empowered to offer it without any drama or mystery. If I was staying then it would at least be a help. If I was in Eircom's boots I would be more upfront and say the price increase only applies to new connections without having to have you phone up and get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

The (helpful) chap on the cancellation desk made no bones about it. I didn't even ask for it as I am cancelling anyway but he was quite empowered to offer it without any drama or mystery. If I was staying then it would at least be a help. If I was in Eircom's boots I would be more upfront and say the price increase only applies to new connections without having to have you phone up and get it.
    When I rang, I wasn't told anything about new connections only that "the price increases applied to all customers across the board" and those were his exact words.
    Eircom are going the right way of losing a lot of customers over this.

leeside11 wrote: »
    When I rang, I wasn't told anything about new connections only that "the price increases applied to all customers across the board" and those were his exact words.
    Eircom are going the right way of losing a lot of customers over this.
    Hi ClonNGB

The price changes apply to all customers not just new connections - as per the contract change notification which is being posted to all eircom custom ers.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Feytyer

Hey 

I am going to cancel my eircom package (I have two weeks left to do so), I was wondering what way it works in terms of service ceasing.
    Is the broadband and everything stopped as soon as you cancel or left until your final bill is paid? I need to know for the purpose of looking for another provider so i'm not left without internet for a long period in between. 

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Becks14

I haven't got a letter to say my price is increasing - is the increase across the board? Do the notifications get sent out depending on my payment due date? 

Feytyer wrote: »
    Hey 

I am going to cancel my eircom package (I have two weeks left to do so), I was wondering what way it works in terms of service ceasing.
    Is the broadband and everything stopped as soon as you cancel or left until your final bill is paid? I need to know for the purpose of looking for another provider so i'm not left without internet for a long period in between. 
    Hi Feytyer

Basically 30 day notification is required by firstly calling cancellations on free phone 1901 and then emailing the written confirmation if you want the account completely closed.

The account is shut down 30 days from the date the email is sent. If you're moving to another provider you would ask them to take over service before the account is shut down as they need an active account to take over.

Thanks
    AL

Advertisement