Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Wonderboy III game with yours truely :)

• 30-01-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

soooo . I've known this for a while but I was under NDA but it's official now so I can tell :)
    There's a new Wonderboy III game in the making and I've been commissioned for a few tracks to feature in the game by FDG Entertainment (covers of the original game)

Check out the teaser and remastered version of monster vilage & I'll be working on two more for the game :)https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153067121626151&set=vb.229374546150&type=3&theater

I'll also be included in the game as an NPC with a few quests .
    image001.jpg

Wonderboy III was my favourite game for the master System and being part of of a new opus is just awesome

They've the website just up http://www.monsterboy.com/ ... not mad about the "Wizard of booze" bit thing though ...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

LongZ wrote: »
    soooo . I've known this for a while but I was under NDA but it's official now so I can tell :)
    There's a new Wonderboy III game in the making and I've been commissioned for a few tracks to feature in the game by FDG Entertainment (covers of the original game)

Check out the teaser and remastered version of monster vilage & I'll be working on two more for the game :)https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153067121626151&set=vb.229374546150&type=3&theater

I'll also be included in the game as an NPC with a few quests .
    image001.jpg

Wonderboy III was my favourite game for the master System and being part of of a new opus is just awesome

They've the website just up http://www.monsterboy.com/ ... not mad about the "Wizard of booze" bit thing though ...

Nice one, I loved wonderboy, bring on mad planet's :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

ah fantastic!
    I slightly prefer WB in monster world, but Dragons trap is feckin amazing ,Definitely keep an eye out for this one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

Congrats!

The game art is lovely looking too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doesn't look half bad and looks like it has rare non-crap illustrator art from that screenshot.

Do you know (or can you say) if any of the old Westone staff are working on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yep. Ryuichi Nishizawa is and some other guys.
    FDG got all the assets from Westone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy crap, that's amazing! Well done.

Can we all be NPCs? :pac:

I'll ask :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Congrats LongZ! Excellent news.

Absolutely loved Wonderboy on the C64 and IV was a cracking game too. Presumably "Booze" refers to a location rather than the beverage though? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's some amazing news there, well done, congrats and a whole lot of other fair play type phrases!
    Probably the biggest deal since O1s got his name on the Pier Solar manual!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LongZ wrote: »
    yep. Ryuichi Nishizawa is and some other guys.
    FDG got all the assets from Westone

That's pretty amazing they got him working on it. Tell them to do Aquario of the Clockwork next :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Thats fantastic! well done mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Amazing stuff, & you're the perfect man for the role :)

yeah it's pretty cool. I was given the choice in npc looks too :)
    unnamed.jpg
    I think I chose...wisely

here's a few shots I can share (there's other stuff, but apparently I can't share that yet)
    Monster_Boy_screenshot_3%2B-%2BCopy.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

fair play to you, but you're not the first Irishman in a video game

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BF_AaxrCcAAGrhl.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Awesome news!

Was 3 Wonderboy in Monster Land, or Dragons Trap? I enjoyed both, but Monster Land is probably one of my favourites ever!

it's a "follow up" to Dragon's Trap, with the main character transforming into different animals. Dragon's trap was my favourite game on the master system so I'm a kid all over again these days.
    fair play to you, but you're not the first Irishman in a video game
    noted but ... I'm French :P

I had Dragons Trap on my Game Gear, good times! I'll be looking forward to this one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »

Let's just hope it doesn't all go to his head, he is French after all, could go all Napoleon on our ass, start taking over, ruling and stuff, making us eat crepes and drink wine at every meal.... Actually on second thoughts....

Le roi est mort, vive le roi!

lol. "youtube star" :D .
    hardly think so at 5k followers :D:D:D

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Let's just hope it doesn't all go to his head, he is French after all, could go all Napoleon on our ass, start taking over, ruling and stuff, making us eat crepes and drink wine at every meal.... Actually on second thoughts....
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi!

I'm not here to take part ... :D
    SPORT%20UFC%2006_6.jpg

5K followers isn't bad for a new channel.

Advertisement