Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RJ45 keystones - bricks and mortar source in Dublin

Options
  • 30-01-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I recently ordered a bunch of networking gear via Adverts to (finally) set up a wired network for home, crimpers, testers, boxes, face plates, etc. All arrived today at which point I discovered that the face plates have the spring loaded shutters for the face plate but not the actual connector to seat the cable into on the rear with the front facing RJ45 socket (female). I can't really complain - got all the gear at an exceeding good price but, as I was hoping to get this done over the weekend, this leaves me in a bit of a bind.

TL:DR Wondering if anyone can recommend a bricks a mortar store that I could purchase either the connectors themselves or, if need be, more face plates with the connectors? Dublin area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Maplins should have them. I've seen them in B&Q in airside too.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

The Maplins website wasn't being helpful about stock availability in their Irish stores (except Cork for some reason) so I wondered if it was another case of them having items in their UK stores but not over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Evac101 wrote: »
    The Maplins website wasn't being helpful about stock availability in their Irish stores (except Cork for some reason) so I wondered if it was another case of them having items in their UK stores but not over here.

I've seen them in Maplins and in B&Q in Airside in the last few weeks. In the electrical aisle in B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rugrat69

Woodcomm.ie should have keystone mods.

Advertisement