Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank account for non-eu student of english (1 year course)

Options
  • 30-01-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, i would like to open an account, and i wanted to ask how much money i need to open it. Also is it possible to open an account for foreigner (not student)?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hello, i would like to open an account, and i wanted to ask how much money i need to open it. Also is it possible to open an account for foreigner (not student)?

Thanks
    Hi lubydubydoo,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Yes it is possible to open an account with us. It is not necessary to have a particular amount to lodge into your new account. 
    You can request a call back from our New Accounts team who will be happy to go through the steps of opening your account, and also begin the account opening process. 

Please see this page for more information on how to open an account with us. Once you speak with a member of our New Accounts team over the phone, you will then need to arrange an appointment in your branch to complete the account opening. Please have proof of your address in Ireland to provide to your branch. You can find what is accepted as a proof of address on the link above. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lubydubydoo

Thanks a lot Sarah!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lubydubydoo

Thanks
    Hi lubydubydoo,

Yes it is possible to open an account with us. It is not necessary to have a particular amount to lodge into your new account. 
    You can request a call back from our New Accounts team who will be happy to go through the steps of opening your account, and also begin the account opening process. 

Please see for more information on how to open an account with us. Once you speak with a member of our New Accounts team over the phone, you will then need to arrange an appointment in your branch to complete the account opening. Please have proof of your address in Ireland to provide to your branch. You can find what is accepted as a proof of address on the link above. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I have one more question: if i am staying at my friends and family place (don't have an official residential address yet) can i provide this adress? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Thanks
    Hi lubydubydoo,

Please see for more information on how to open an account with us. Once you speak with a member of our New Accounts team over the phone, you will then need to arrange an appointment in your branch to complete the account opening. Please have proof of your address in Ireland to provide to your branch. You can find what is accepted as a proof of address on the link above. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I have one more question: if i am staying at my friends and family place (don't have an official residential address yet) can i provide this adress? 
    Hi lubydubydoo,

Thanks for posting.

If you do not have a current utility bill dated within the last 6 months, you could use a letter issued by a government department such as the Revenue Commissioners or Department of Social Protection that has the address on it.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement