Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of radio with buttons to add my favorite stations to?

Options
  • 30-01-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Does anyone know of a radio that has buttons (6 should be enough) on it that I can add my favorite stations to? Just like in cars. It can be a plug-in radio for the kitchen. Moving the dial back and forth is very tedious.

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

Does anyone know of a radio that has buttons (6 should be enough) on it that I can add my favorite stations to? Just like in cars. It can be a plug-in radio for the kitchen. Moving the dial back and forth is very tedious.

Thanks.

Denis O'Brien might be able to help as it was he who started this moving dial lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,550 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any DAB/FM radio (Pure, Roberts being the two main brands) is almost certain to have favourites buttons, as are Sony's kitchen/desk FM radios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

I have an excellent one that I bought in Lidl a year ago. 12 buttons and it can be fixed to a shelf, under a cupboard etc and not expensive. I presume there are similar available in any good electrical store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

There is a tiny wee cheap as chips white one in Argos only about 15 bob.
    DAB+FM x10 presets each, batteries or mains, also has headphone socket.

Have it plugged into a proper 12AX7 tube-warmed amp pumping up to 300w RMS through 8ohm quadraphonics.
    <35hz(sub), dual mids and 20k tweeter, using the wee radios headphone jack as the source.

On it's own (mono speaker) will only manage 1w, though most hifis/soundbars have a line-in facility,
    - so you can play it via that for much better sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

lottpaul wrote: »
    I have an excellent one that I bought in Lidl a year ago. 12 buttons and it can be fixed to a shelf, under a cupboard etc and not expensive. I presume there are similar available in any good electrical store.

Hi lottpaul.

Could you upload a photo of it?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Joe Doe wrote: »
    There is a tiny wee cheap as chips white one in Argos only about 15 bob.
    DAB+FM x10 presets each, batteries or mains, also has headphone socket.

Have it plugged into a proper 12AX7 tube-warmed amp pumping up to 300w RMS through 8ohm quadraphonics.
    <35hz(sub), dual mids and 20k tweeter, using the wee radios headphone jack as the source.

On it's own (mono speaker) will only manage 1w, though most hifis/soundbars have a line-in facility,
    - so you can play it via that for much better sound.

Hi Joe Doe.

What's the name of it? Can you upload an image of it? Cheers.

911/9882 Argos own brand (Chinese) e15.99, only good if you have a line-in facility to use with as it's not great on its own.

Joe Doe wrote: »
    911/9882 Argos own brand (Chinese) e15.99, only good if you have a line-in facility to use with as it's not great on its own.

Cheers Joe.

Is the sound ok for just listening to talk shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Hi lottpaul.

Could you upload a photo of it?

Sorry - am camera-challenged at the moment but if you google images of "Lidl under counter clock radio" you get similar images. It has to be fixed under a shelf/cupboard etc but at least its out of the way and doesnt add to the usual kitchen clutter.

Is the sound ok for just listening to talk shows?

Guess so it only has a single mono speaker rated at 1w RMS. So yes fine for the chit-chat stations, not so much for drum-n'bass.

With headphones or by sending to a separate speaker you can great superb stereo dab quality.

Being 'dab' the batteries may only last 1 full day, comes with a mains adapter however. Can revert to FM also which will last longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I got those silver Lloytron radio's for €7 & just maybe in my store about 2wks ago for €5.

You have upto 10 afaik preset buttons, i've only preset 3, handy radio to carry with you as well.

Thanks guys for the tips.

Advertisement