Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got Out and About single nipper?

Options
  • 30-01-2015 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

how do you find it? did you get the bassinette with it or not bother?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yup, have one for nearly 4 years now, love it. Great solid yet lightweight buggy.

What's the bassinette, sorry... is that like a moses basket? No idea why you would need that, it lies completely flat for newborns.

If it's the basket underneath, yes we have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

its the pram part, some shops call it the basinette - I dont think its suitable for overnight sleeping like other brands of buggies. did you need any insert for newborn in the main part when lying flat? to stop them sliding around or anything? like a cocoon or footmuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

I had the bassinet for my now 6 month old. There is a velcro wrap sort of thing in it that you wrap around the baby's tummy to keep them in place. Worked well for me at least, as I'd go walking with him up and down very steep hills! Has now outgrown it, if you were a bit closer, I'd offer you mine!

love the out'n'about

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You mean the carrycot is it?

We got it and found it a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭cluelessx2

We have it. I'd get the maxi cosi adaptor and not bother with basinette. Also wouldn't get newborn insert. When baby is small enough to need that, it's nice to have them in maxi cosi facing you. Would recommend as a buggy, in particular if you're going to use it for walking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The ordinary footmuff was fine for our newborns.did not use newborn insert.

Never really was in the position to want/need the baby to sleep overnight in a buggy either. Can't see that being too common tbh. Most people get a cot I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Love our Out n About. Have had a couple of small issues with it but have found the rep excellent and their after care service is fantastic.

Never bought any additions for it (we borrowed a travel system while our little fella was very small) so didn't need a carry cot or newborn insert.

We bought our at the baby fair in the RDS and saved nearly €100 so definitely shop around for it. Amazon often have it discounted also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Had one for a few years. Great buggy and really could go almost anywhere with it.

Advertisement