Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest moment in Games *possible spoilers*

Options
  • 30-01-2015 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the thread in AH,

What was your saddest moment in a game, where you had your "Kkhaaaannnnn" moment or just about made you cry?

For me it was Mordins death in ME3.

How about you?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Mordin's was rough, but having to decide
    between the Quarrians and the Geth
    was rougher for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Hmmm, good question. Hard to choose.

I would probably pick the death of John Marston in Red Dead. He had finally managed to earn some freedom and begun a new life with his family. I loved that character, and tried reloading a few times to see if I could somehow kill the guys during the shootout and escape. Until I resigned myself to his fate.

The Last of Us had some pretty sad moments too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

When I had to leave Tokyo in Go!Go! Nippon.

Also obligatory Aeris reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭Penn

BB_Salute.gif

lyk dis if u cry evrytiem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The opening of TLOU.

Right in the feels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

respect-cod-620x350.jpg

#Never4get

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When aerith dies in FF7, right in the feels everytime :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

When Dom dies in GoW 3?!
    or
    Eli Vance in HL2:EP2............mainly because I don't know what happens after

DAMMMMM YOUUUUUUUU VALVE

well you should not have stabbed her in the first place, should you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Unquestionably the end of Season 1 of The Walking Dead tell tale game. Horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The end of To The Moon.

Notgonnacry....notgonnacry....notgonnacry...... ah crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

well you should not have stabbed her in the first place, should you!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Some great examples already, John marston and the start (and possibly the end) of TLOU and mordin in Mass Effect being my most emotional moments.

I'd love to replay the mass effect trilogy on ps4 1080p60

jones wrote: »
    Some great examples already, John marston and the start (and possibly the end) of TLOU and mordin in Mass Effect being my most emotional moments.

I'd love to replay the mass effect trilogy on ps4 1080p60

I have the trilogy on PC but not bothering playing ME3 ever again.

Actually the saddest part for me was the entire ending of ME3, what a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Having to put
    Lee
    out of his misery :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Aeris in ff7, felt in right in my stones

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Eli in Half Life 2 for me. Fade to black with Alex crying over his body? **** man...that hurt :(

Or the Walking Dead...or The Last of Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The Pigsy Perfect 10 dlc from Enslaved.

From Wikipedia
    Set prior to the events of Enslaved, Pigsy currently lives a solitary life in the scrap yard with his only companion, a small flying robot named "Truffles" that helps Pigsy scout scraps and advice in combat. Due to his loneliness, Pigsy decides to build himself a friend, yet it would require three key components that he along with Truffles must find in the scrap yard populated by mechs. While Truffles helps throughout his search, Pigsy seems unappreciative and prioritizes his new creation. As Pigsy retrieves the final component, Truffles is damaged and shuts down in the process. With his new friend nearly complete, Pigsy learns that what his creation actually needs is a "heart", inserting Truffles inside. When activated however, his creation runs amok before being gathered up by a salvaging mech. Pigsy gives chase and fights his way into the main scrap collector. When he finally retrieves Truffles and escapes, Pigsy finds that Truffles was his real friend this entire time. Being greatly damaged however, Truffles shuts down permanently with Pigsy realizing too late that he took his only friend for granted and vows not to make the same mistake again.

Excellent and brilliantly acted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Mr E wrote:
    The end of To The Moon.

Amazing game, such a treat. The Last Of Us was full of sad moments, also RDR made me shed a tear. Right in the feels, as the youngsters say these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Zelda, Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64, When you grow up to Adult Link and the town of Hyrule is a ruin. 8 year old me always found that quite sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

GOW 2 when you find Dom's wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yep, I couldn't believe when that happened. One moment of gaming that will stay with me forever.

The ending of TLOU is another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Brothers: Tale of 2 sons was very sad I thought. Good game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

This and so many other moments in FFX and the rest of the series. Those last words of Yuna read like an final epitaph for the loss of the series allure. Ironic considering it's what many say was the last classic story in the series.

I like this one too. And the Trabia Garden devastation scene.

FFIX is matched for FFX as the most depressing in the whole series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Mass Effect (all 3 of them) had a few "nooo" decisions.

The death of Soap Mactavish COD MW3 also Ghosts death.

The Last of us DLC Left Behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Broke my joypad playing fifa 15 last week.

Balled my eyes out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

cover2.jpg

Screw Aeris. Real men cry during Clannad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Definitely Marston. Sad and actually rage inducing as well.
    No good double crossing bastards!

For all the shít it got, the final montage of Mass Effect 3 with An End Once And For All playing in the background was amazing.

TLOU:
    Sarah's death was horrifying. 20 minutes into the game and I choked up.

Valiant Hearts ending.

Loads of others that all I'll think of later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

The end of FF10. It was my first Final Fantasy and just the music when she's calling the Aeons, and saying goodbye and then later when she's at the pier whistling.

[Edit]
    Adamantium wrote: »
    This and so many other moments in FFX and the rest of the series. Those last words of Yuna read like an final epitaph for the loss of the series allure. Ironic considering it's what many say was the last classic story in the series...

It's the music... The softness when she runs through him, the way it builds to her saying I love you and him hugging her and stepping through her. I hate chick flicks but this gets me every time! It's just so so lovely...

That's it, where's my Vita, I need to reply the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Mordin's death in ME3 for me. So awesome and so sad at the same time :(

Advertisement