Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest moment in Games *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TLOU again...
    The kids death in Tlou.
    Not do much that he went full zombie but rather that he asked the question of what happens to people after they turn, are they dead or so in there, and the answer given is flippant.
    Only when he is alone do we see he is infected and then we have the scene that morning.
    Absolutely horrifying, tragic and the most affecting moment I've seen in the medium so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Has to be the end of MGS 3. I've never been as emotionally invested in a game until I played Snake Eater. Excellent plot and dialogue and the ending kicks you right in the feels.

The kid at the start of ME3 with just Leaving Earth playing with no background sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Penn wrote: »
    BB_Salute.gif

lyk dis if u cry evrytiem :(

I think I was more broken/disillusioned after
    EVA had taken the farm
    than most of my teenage break-ups.

What a thundering bitch. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

You feel lonely without him...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Epic_Tetris_Fail_by_Kridily.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Adamantium wrote: »
    You feel lonely without him...

AGROOOO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I know it's in the thread title, but just in case, would it be a good idea to have posts along the lines of:

MGS4:
    The death of EVA

Instead of straight up spoilers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Legend of dragoon, when Lavitz dies :mad: :( damn you Lloyd :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The-Walking-Dead-game-lee-dies.gif

:(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Legend of dragoon, when Lavitz dies :mad: :( damn you Lloyd :mad:

If only winding me up about that game got old. I'm not helping though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The only game that really made me tear up was during the ending of Mother 3 (which is rather embarrassing when you're on a pack train).
    After spending 25 hours in its wonderful world just to see it destroyed, it was a strange feeling, equal parts cathartic and depressing.

You'll only get the full impact if you've played from the start, and if you haven't you really need to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mr E wrote: »
    The end of To The Moon.

Notgonnacry....notgonnacry....notgonnacry...... ah crap.
    Amazing game, such a treat. The Last Of Us was full of sad moments, also RDR made me shed a tear. Right in the feels, as the youngsters say these days.

That was a great story. Hard not to get choked up at that. But in fairness. In terms of a game it was **** :P Just move around the static scenery mashing Action button then read load of a story. I gladly would've watched the whole thing play out just to avoid the arbitrary gameplay elements that broke up what was a good story.
    At the end is it cleared up about who is dying of the two doctors? or did I misinerpret the final scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I just finished To The Moon five minutes ago :(

Usually you see Shadow of the Colossus all over threads like this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Am I the only one that gets slightly annoyed with the repost of every thread we've had ?
    It's like frontpage of reddit these days...noone uses search anymore

saddest moment in games

Less than a year ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Spoiler from Dark Souls killing
    Sif, especially if you have played the DLC before facing him
    . When you see him limping there is something poetically tragic about it, a metaphor for all the suffering and pain those branded with the curse go through to try and break it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

A good way to correlate ALL the gaming spoilers ever you say?
    It's a good thing I've finished every game ever made ever cause now I can post here.
    "Possible spoilers".... FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Am I the only one that gets slightly annoyed with the repost of every thread we've had ?
    It's like frontpage of reddit these days...noone uses search anymore

saddest moment in games

Less than a year ago...

How many new posters do you think are here in the last year? Its a boards site, its always gonna happen, dont let it get to you!

thorbarry wrote: »
    How many new posters do you think are here in the last year? Its a boards site, its always gonna happen, dont let it get to you!

Normally when creating a new thread I'd use the 'search function' . A similar thread could be maybe only 1 or 2 pages back with an already huge amount of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

thorbarry wrote: »

Agreed. Thread didn't spoil any games for me as I'd played them but I was a bit shocked people were openly posting without tags considering the only notification was the "possible spoilers" in the thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Tell Tale's The Walking Dead: Season 1
    The child in the Attic

Tell Tale's The Walking Dead: Season 2
    The Dog

Gears of War 3
    Dom's death

Mass Effect 3
    Seriously, so many mentions of other characters but not one for Anderson's death?!

I was sad at the end of Final Fantasy 9, I don't know if it was because of my age at the time....but I never seen that little happy ending twist coming !!
    I don't think I've had many really sad to extremely happy moments in such a short time in gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr.Buzz

Brothers: A Tale of two sons... that game pretty much destroyed me the first time I played it. It had such an effect on me that I decided never to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Mr.Buzz wrote: »
    Brothers: A Tale of two sons... that game pretty much destroyed me the first time I played it. It had such an effect on me that I decided never to play it again.

You can currently get it free off Xbox Live Gold !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Tell Tale's The Walking Dead: Season 1

I mean that is sad but it does not come close to
    having to kill Lee
    . I mean I was literally crying. My brother was using every drop of his testosterone to not and my sister may as well have been at a funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

My saddest moment isn't a conventional one but here goes. I was playing Lego Star Wars 3 with my son who was around 5 at the time. We were co-oping a level where we were both clone troopers and when we completed the puzzles and the level, it showed a cut scene where one trooper stayed behind to operate a switch which would self destruct the area, while his buddies got away. After the explosion, one of the guys who got away caught the helmet of the dead trooper and they all saluted him. My small fella was shocked and I had to explain why one of the troopers would sacrifice himself to save his pals. The lad bawled his eyes out for around a half hour afterwards :(

This is the scene, around 29:50 in this clip:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

For me, TLOU is the one.
    As soon as Sarah is shot, and Joel is cradling her in his arms, I quietly put the controller down and openly cried. This scene touched an extremely raw nerve in me, as only a month previously my Wife and I went through the most horrible experience of losing our son.

For a game to elicit such an emotional response from players,
    let alone my own personal experience
    , simply highlights how far gaming as a whole has come and can go. I would love to see more and more titles with the stellar story telling and atmosphere as displayed in TLOU. An absolutely stunning game despite/because of the above, thoroughly deserving of it's GOTY award, and IMHO deserves to be included in a list of the Greatest Games of all Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Raticate.. lavender town..pokemon red
    :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Opening to the Last if Us and pretty much every moment in the left behind dlc because you know what happened. Beautiful story telling and superb acting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just finished Valiant Hearts. Very downbeat ending to it…

Advertisement