Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest moment in Games *possible spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I was sad at the end of Final Fantasy 9, I don't know if it was because of my age at the time....but I never seen that little happy ending twist coming !!
    I don't think I've had many really sad to extremely happy moments in such a short time in gaming.

One thing that I always remember distinctly about the 2nd act of the game was Garnet loosing her voice after
    She was powerless to stop the assault that her mother is rampaging the continent, which she had been dreading since the start. This after a series of progressively more traumatic events, cities being ruined,her mother (the queen) has been murdered, and THEN her home city gets ruined only days later after inheriting the crown
    , and doesn't speak at all for what feels like the best part of a disc. She's unable to perform certain actions in battle (chant magic, summons). Cuts her hair short. She becomes fairly useless, but you still want to keep her in your party because it seems wrong to leave her out and not give her the chance to fight.

As a youngling it felt very real and personal. Such a great group of likeable characters that you wanted the best for.

Get it on Square, storytelling through game mechanics, you can do it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

few mentions for John Marston's death in RDR, but the one that sticks out for me was meeting the sasquatch in Undead Nightmare :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Cormac... wrote:
    A good way to correlate ALL the gaming spoilers ever you say? It's a good thing I've finished every game ever made ever cause now I can post here. "Possible spoilers".... FFS

it does say possible spoilers. you were warned, so avoid the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Shiminay wrote: »
    Mordin's was rough, but having to decide
    between the Quarrians and the Geth
    was rougher for me.
    Watching Legion Die
    in ME3 was painful on my last playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

it does say possible spoilers. you were warned, so avoid the thread!

Not everyone has played everything. Spoiler tags would be great here as they'd mean everyone could contribute to the thread without having those few games they haven't played spoiled on them. Saying possible spoilers in the title isn't enough. Thread will die off a lot faster this way.
    Mr.Buzz wrote: »
    Brothers: A Tale of two sons... that game pretty much destroyed me the first time I played it. It had such an effect on me that I decided never to play it again.

Very rough stuff. Some tears were shed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

FF10's ending really squashed me. Turned me right off men for a good year :pac:
    Even watching it now makes me bawl! It's probably the only series I've really encountered to have that effect - most of the games I play are impersonal or a happy ending is guaranteed :D

Although, I did lose 40 children to starvation in Banished last Winter because they were unable to go collect food from the storage shed by themselves, and all the other adults seemed to care more for their own. That was pretty sad :o

Advertisement