Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subject choice

• 30-01-2015 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm having a hard time choosing my subjects. The subjects are: French, economics, business, accounting, physics, chemistry, dcg, biology, history geography, construction studies. I hope to become a aircraft engineer so what subjects would suit this career choice
    Thanks, protog777

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

protog777 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time choosing my subjects. The subjects are: French, economics, business, accounting, physics, chemistry, dcg, biology, history geography, construction studies. I hope to become a aircraft engineer so what subjects would suit this career choice
    Thanks, protog777

I'd say physics is a good one to have for that, Im not sure but I'd say Dcg ties in a lot too
    I did physics and accounting, and if you enjoy maths I would definitely go for both of them as they're very nice subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mayogirlie1

I'm doing accounting and I would say unless you have an excellent teacher it is a very difficult subject... If you like maths and problem solving then its okay! However our usual teacher is currently off sick and our class are completely lost with our sub teacher!

French is a useful one to have! Quite difficult but you need it for a number of universities!

Geography imo is the most boring subject ever! You have a tonne of essays to learn off and its fairly easy but it's just so monotonous!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would French be a plus communicating with Airbus engineers or is the industry all in English these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

protog777 wrote: »
    Thanks, protog777

Okay well I would definitely suggest you take Physics cause I imagine it would be of huge advantage doing an engineering course. I took a quick a look at the courses in Carlow IT and UL and they both seem to have a good bit of physics involved. It's always good to have a science subject too!

French might be useful for entry requirements. Not sure if it's needed for any of the aircraft engineering courses you're looking at, but double check anyways!

DCG and Construction might also be useful in terms of the engineering side of things.

Apart from Physics (and possibly French) though, I'd suggest you pick the subjects you think you'll do best in and that you'll enjoy the most! It's all about your personal preference really.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭masterofchess1

Should I pick applied maths, chemistry and business for lc?? any advice on the subjects and whether to do them if you are currently studying them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 shoopdeboop

Should I pick applied maths, chemistry and business for lc?? any advice on the subjects and whether to do them if you are currently studying them.

Chemistry is THE hardest subject to get your head around, but you can manage it. There's more to learn in the course than you might think too.
    BUT it'll make anything sciencey in college a lot easier.

Can't really tell you much about the others, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The real Gerry

Hey lads I want to do Geology in college, the only subjects I have chosen so far is geography and physics any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fongcy

Hey lads I want to do Geology in college, the only subjects I have chosen so far is geography and physics any advice?

geography is damn hard.
    i regret taking it so much.
    there are more than 60 essays to learn and you have to write 7 essays in the exam along with other questions!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Chemistry might be useful too, if it's an option for you.

Advertisement