Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is it taking so long?

Options
  • 30-01-2015 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I have just returned to Ireland and am trying to get broadband in so I don't go stir crazy on these dark January nights. 

I used uswitch online (elsewhere) to sign up for efibre with eircom (I used uswitch as the previous tenants had left their current eircom broadband box there which they said was working).  Grand, they replied that they would be in contact. Three days later I had received no contact from anyone.  

I phoned eircom helpline which got me through to a nice lady in India who explained that (despite receiving a reply back from uswitch) my request was not on the system.  So, she puts my request and details into the system and assures me that someone will be in contact.  Further to this I receive an email stating that someone will be in contact over the next 24 - 48 hours to arrange a slot with a technician in 5 - 7 days.  Ok I think, not great, but at least I will have internet in a week.  

Today I receive an email saying I have an appointment for 17th February - 17TH FEBRUARY!!!! That's 18 days away - 24 days since I requested broadband!!!

I feel like I've returned to the dark ages.  WHY is it taking this long?  I am really not happy with this at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Spiralcars wrote: »
    I have just returned to Ireland and am trying to get broadband in so I don't go stir crazy on these dark January nights. 

I used uswitch online (elsewhere) to sign up for efibre with eircom (I used uswitch as the previous tenants had left their current eircom broadband box there which they said was working).  Grand, they replied that they would be in contact. Three days later I had received no contact from anyone.  

I phoned eircom helpline which got me through to a nice lady in India who explained that (despite receiving a reply back from uswitch) my request was not on the system.  So, she puts my request and details into the system and assures me that someone will be in contact.  Further to this I receive an email stating that someone will be in contact over the next 24 - 48 hours to arrange a slot with a technician in 5 - 7 days.  Ok I think, not great, but at least I will have internet in a week.  

Today I receive an email saying I have an appointment for 17th February - 17TH FEBRUARY!!!! That's 18 days away - 24 days since I requested broadband!!!

I feel like I've returned to the dark ages.  WHY is it taking this long?  I am really not happy with this at all.

I recommended my brother to go to eircom last Christmas.. A month later still no sign of them. He was left all over Christmas with no broadband.

He got fed up ringing them, trying to get it sorted, they kept saying will ring you back. never ringing back(this is beyond unprofessional) he had to chase them no joke. So in the end said enough was enough, if he couldn't even get them to install it how bad are they going to be trying to get something fixed. He cancelled.

This is were it gets even more annoying. they went and took money out of his bank account, right after he had cancelled. Needless to say he was furious. One year later eircom still have not refunded him. That is several calls later.

My advice avoid them. I left and have not looked back. In my eyes they offer nothing special to be so complacent.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I recommended my brother to go to eircom last Christmas.. A month later still no sign of them. He was left all over Christmas with no broadband.  

He got fed up ringing them, trying to get it sorted, they kept saying will ring you back. never ringing back(this is beyond unprofessional) he had to chase them no joke. So in the end said enough was enough, if he couldn't even get them to install it how bad are they going to be trying to get something fixed. He cancelled.

This is were it gets even more annoying. they went and took money out of his bank account, right after he had cancelled. Needless to say he was furious. One year later eircom still have not refunded him. That is several calls later.

My advice avoid them. I left and have not looked back. In my eyes they offer nothing special to be so complacent.
    If the deduction was made via Direct Debit then he should check out his rights here. However it may be that the dd was made under the legacy DD scheme prior to SEPA in which case it might be worth emailing info@bpfi.ie with full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

dub45 wrote: »
    If the deduction was made via Direct Debit then he should check out his rights here. However it may be that the dd was made under the legacy DD scheme prior to SEPA in which case it might be worth emailing info@bpfi.ie with full details.

Kudos for that dub45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Spiralcars

I'm sorry to hear to these issues, could you please PM me the order number? I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement