Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth my while to try and sell this?

Options
  • 30-01-2015 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭

Moving house and my once beastly gaming PC is taking up too much and really only used as a file server these days so I'm looking to replace it with a NAS box. Anyway was wondering if someone could put a price tag on this? The case, psu and hard drive are probably most valuable parts I reckon. I'm thinking I'd be happy with 300 but am I aiming too high?

Case(Antec P182)
    CPU (Intel Core i5 Quad Processor i5-750 2.66 GHz)
    Motherboard (MSI P55-GD80, P55, Socket-1156, DDR3)
    PSU (Corsair HX850)
    GPU (nVidia GTX280)
    Hard Drive( Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB, WD1500HLFS)
    RAM (Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz 4GB(2x2GB) (CL8-8-8-24, 1.5V))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Moving house and my once beastly gaming PC is taking up too much and really only used as a file server these days so I'm looking to replace it with a NAS box. Anyway was wondering if someone could put a price tag on this? The case, psu and hard drive are probably most valuable parts I reckon. I'm thinking I'd be happy with 300 but am I aiming too high?

Case(Antec P182)
    CPU (Intel Core i5 Quad Processor i5-750 2.66 GHz)
    Motherboard (MSI P55-GD80, P55, Socket-1156, DDR3)
    PSU (Corsair HX850)
    GPU (nVidia GTX280)
    Hard Drive( Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB, WD1500HLFS)
    RAM (Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz 4GB(2x2GB) (CL8-8-8-24, 1.5V))

Wouldn't pay that myself (noice case) but stick on adverts for 350 and take within the 280 ish. Just my own opinion.

Is it loud?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Wouldn't pay that myself (noice case) but stick on adverts for 3 and take within the 200 ish. Just my own opinion.

Is it loud?

The reason I bought that cases is due it's sound dampening properties so it's relatively quiet imo. Maybe cases these days are much better at sound dampening though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

The reason I bought that cases is due it's sound dampening properties so it's relatively quiet imo. Maybe cases these days are much better at sound dampening though?

Still a good case.

Advertisement