Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Anyone got a spare for tomorrow?

I'll buy a pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Is there a link to the London presser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

how many tickets went on sale for tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Jesus Conor was feeling very testy in the last blog, not seen much of Aldo personality up until the blogs so not sure if that way he is all the but the way he letting do that **** is surprising.

Aldo is very close to hitting Conor a box.If it did happen be interesting to see how UFC handle it, Conor is looking for it tbf so no one can blame Aldo if he did

I'd have to laugh if Aldo KO'd Conor in Dublin at the presser.I guessing Conor be extra hyper in Dublin may push Aldo too far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

So, eh, any tickets for tomorrow lads? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Is there a link to the London presser?

London press conference highlights:

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

McGregors constant trash talk is getting old. It was funny at the start but it's just the same thing over and over - I'm gonna rip your head clean of, that's my belt etc and to make is worse Aldo doesn't understand a word. He could at least try and add a few new ones to the script!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Scooper

In fairness to McGregor though, this whole world tour must be head-wrecking. New day, new venue, but it's the same questions time after time and it goes on and on. He has to repeat himself and as annoying as it is for the fans to hear, it must be really frustrating for him to have to put up with it. The main reason people are getting tired of it now, is because it's being shoved in our faces. Everyday on YouTube, there's a new video of McGregor, a new interview, a new press conference etc. and it's the same questions that he's getting asked.

The UFC have hyped this fight to the absolute limit now. I'd say both fighters just can't wait to get Dublin out of the way now(especially Aldo) and start up their training camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This is true, it's at the absolute limit, thank god for all concerned there's only one left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I'm sure conor will take the trash talk to a whole new level tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Taught it was hilarious when he walked by him in the hallway and laughed calling him a little bitcu saying he will do nothing. Agree though with most its fairly repetitive, Jose is at the end of his tether though you can tell. Wish MacDonald and Lawler were promoted a bit more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

staredown from london, Conor being his usual self :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Being dragged into work tomorrow so I can't make it up :(

It does however mean I have 2 spare tickets going to whoever wants them!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

pm sent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

pm sent :)

All yours :) I do insist you send me some pictures from tomorrow just to upset me!

• Advertisement

PM sent :)

WILL DO MATE NO PROB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 im6foot4

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Which could work in Aldos favour.

If you hate someone so much, nothing will stop you in your tracks when up against them.

That's a good point, but you also take more risks, and are prone to irrational decision making when under the influence of extreme hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

ASOT wrote: »
    Taught it was hilarious when he walked by him in the hallway and laughed calling him a little bitcu saying he will do nothing. Agree though with most its fairly repetitive, Jose is at the end of his tether though you can tell. Wish MacDonald and Lawler were promoted a bit more!

McGregor and MacDonald seem to be getting on really well. Kinda want Robbie to beat Rory but I think Rory's gonna win and we'll have 2 new Champions at the end of the night.

Just seen this on youtube ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dave1982 wrote: »
    Aldo is very close to hitting Conor a box.If it did happen be interesting to see how UFC handle it, Conor is looking for it tbf so no one can blame Aldo if he did
    TBH, Aldo is far too seasoned to do something like that in front of cameras.
    Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    McGregors constant trash talk is getting old. It was funny at the start but it's just the same thing over and over - I'm gonna rip your head clean of, that's my belt etc and to make is worse Aldo doesn't understand a word. He could at least try and add a few new ones to the script!
    They've spent everyday for the last two week getting asked the same questions over and over. Of course their answers will get repetitive.
    Try to imagine how much media nonsense they've been put through.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Bermudez vs Stephens has been added to the UFC 189 card. As big as they want this card to be it will be interesting to see where they place this fight. Should be a decent one but would have preferred to see Bermudez vs Swanson or something but ah well.

http://www.ufc.com/news/Stephens-vs-Bermudez-Added-to-UFC-189-Card

MarkJD wrote: »
    Should be a decent one but would have preferred to see Bermudez vs Swanson or something but ah well.
    Swanson is fighting Holloway in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Forgot that was signed. Guess we might see that if they both win their respective fights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Updated times.

McGregor up first!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Anyone have 1 ticket spare, I'll be around town all day if someone can't make it last minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

TimRiggins wrote: »
    McGregor and MacDonald seem to be getting on really well. Kinda want Robbie to beat Rory but I think Rory's gonna win and we'll have 2 new Champions at the end of the night.

Yeah they were training together for a while before and MacDonald said he taught Conor would be champ long before that fight was signed. There's something about Robbie I don't like, maybe its his voice or something but when he talks it annoys me haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Bit stupid that McGregor changed to first and the other fighters up afterwards! Reckon people will stick around?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Bit stupid that McGregor changed to first and the other fighters up afterwards! Reckon people will stick around?

Very silly

Hoping all the McGregor wannabes will leave and the ufc fans will hang around!

What time people starting queuing at??

• Advertisement

wheres it say hes up first lads ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

wheres it say hes up first lads ?

email from UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

33.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Tony Ferguson vs Josh Thompson announced for a different UFC event in July, so we must not be far away from some other fight announcements for 189. It'll probably be Hendricks vs Woodley announced first, which I'm not terribly interested in if I'm honest.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Tony Ferguson vs Josh Thompson announced for a different UFC event in July, so we must not be far away from some other fight announcements for 189. It'll probably be Hendricks vs Woodley announced first, which I'm not terribly interested in if I'm honest.
    Bermudez v Stephens was announced earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Mellor wrote: »
    Bermudez v Stephens was announced earlier.

Ah, completely missed that. That's a decent scrap. Hopefully just a PPV opener, or prelim main event though, would obviously prefer a few bigger names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Anybody not going and got a spare few tickets for conference today. PM me and ill sort them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Makes sense to have some high ranked FW and WW fighters on the card in case of a title fight pull out.

If Aldo pulls out, they can pull one of those 2 to fight McGregor.

If McGregor pulls out, one of them gets a title shot. The other would either have a late fill in or get paid their show and bonus money.

I'd expect to see Hendricks vs Woodley on this card with the same logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Macheetah

hi guys, longtime lurker looking for some help. i bought a ticket yesterday for the press conference today, i was sent a qr code, i think its fake as the qr code directs me to some website. the person is also selling multiple copies of the same qr code it seems.

so if someone that has a qr code already confirm if my qr code is real, or if they are all the same qr code for entry i would appreciate it. would save me a trip into the city centre and i can open a dispute with payplal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

What exactly were you sent? A picture of a QR code?

The mobile ticket you get is just a QR code in the Eventbrite app, did he send you a screenshot?

Can you ask him to send you the pdf file of the tickets to print? Although if you think he's selling multiples it wouldn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Plenty of genuine fans here who can't get tickets and then there are clowns selling them? And probably selling multiple copies of the same one? Disgusting!

Macheetah wrote: »
    hi guys, longtime lurker looking for some help. i bought a ticket yesterday for the press conference today, i was sent a qr code, i think its fake as the qr code directs me to some website. the person is also selling multiple copies of the same qr code it seems.

so if someone that has a qr code already confirm if my qr code is real, or if they are all the same qr code for entry i would appreciate it. would save me a trip into the city centre and i can open a dispute with payplal.

Jasus. Who did you buy it off? Official tickets sold out long ago within 3 minutes of going on sale. I haven't went for the QR code option, rather printed out the tickets instead so I wouldn't be too sure. It doesn't sound great though as tickets were free.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Plenty of genuine fans here who can't get tickets and then there are clowns selling them? And probably selling multiple copies of the same one? Disgusting!

I wouldn't mind so much them selling genuine tickets that will actually get the buyer in to the event. But if they're knowingly selling fake ones, then that's a whole different story.

yeah im know the tickets were free, was pretty disappointed not to get one, so i bought 2 yesterday for €20, i figured it was worth it....if they were real. the qr code she gave me is one the images that comes up when you google qr code ha, but it says ufc 189 world championship tour above it, i emailed her again and she insisting its real, that the guys at the vent have different qr scanners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sounds dodgy tbh. My Qr code just has my name and 'general admission' underneath it.

• Advertisement

yeah its more than likely a fake.

i cant post the link, but the add is on gumtree, it says UFC World Tour Tickets for sale €20

i have her facebook too

Interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Booking flights and hotel in next couple of days. Anyone know of anything better than around the 1100 mark for flights and 3 - 4 nights before I go ahead. Any package companies etc. doing anything better? Have fight tickets.

i emailed the organisers, they confimed it as a fake.the thiefs name is kathy mason

i have her email and her facebook. i wonder how many other suckers she got or was it just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

Macheetah wrote: »
    i emailed the organisers, they confimed it as a fake.the thiefs name is kathy mason

i have her email and her facebook. i wonder how many other suckers she got or was it just me

name and shame so nobody else donates money to her

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement