Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

What was said about his scar???

Christ.... The irish act like a bunch of English soccer fans at times.
    Embarrased

You get your scar fixed after Mcgregor takes your head clean off or something along them lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What was said about his scar???

Christ.... The irish act like a bunch of English soccer fans at times.
    Embarrased

At least the English do it with a bit of style. Even when rioting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yet again we prove we're the best fans around then they let complete and utter A holes access to a mike and camera .
    And genuine fans couldn't get a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

AT least the questions asked of the other Irish fighters have been intelligent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

AT least the questions asked of the other Irish fighters have been intelligent.

Thats because 'the lads' and supposed 'fans' are only interested in the few pints and seeing McGregor, no interest in MMA or the other fighters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor has to to be the most over-hyped Irish sportsman since Bernard Dunne...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

"Take all the bleeding heads off!"...... Wayyyyyyyyyy!

This is absolutely cringe.
    The child has asked the first sensible question all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jippohead

That was an embarrassment, absolute knacker Dubs at the mic tarring all the Irish now.

Obviously they wouldn't have the guts to say a thing to Aldo's face on the street and going after the translator is just low.

Hill 16 scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

The Irish, everyone loves us attitude.

If only we knew.
    This will give aldo all the motivation he needs.

Who can blame him if he murders conor in July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Jippohead wrote: »
    That was an embarrassment, absolute knacker Dubs at the mic tarring all the Irish now.

Obviously they wouldn't have the guts to say a thing to Aldo's face on the street and going after the translator is just low.

Hill 16 scum.

Jesus christ.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm embarrassed to be Irish watching this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Wish the kid with the t shirts had got to ask his question during the conor press conference

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

Hill 16 scum.

I'm more embarrassed by this comment than any question at the presser.

as bad as some of the questions were some of the comments on here about people been knackers and the likes are just as bad. I'm a massive fan of MMA and Irish MMA. I was gutted i couldnt get a ticket for this but its a fan presser...This isnt done for the media its done to get fans hyped for the fights. Conor got the exact same treatment in Brazil the 2 times hes been there for a Q&A or presser. Although we all like to think its should be a bit more dignified it happens everywhere especially in the home town of the fighters involved. Take it with a pinch of salt and look forward the the fight week pressers. They will be directed more at the "real" MMA fans

Wish the kid with the t shirts had got to ask his question during the conor press conference

Did anyone catch the name of the site he's selling them on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Hill 16 scum.

Probably the same way you wouldn't have the guts to say "Hill 16 scum" to the face of people that buy tickets for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

The Irish fans from football to boxing to mma have always been known as some of the best fans in the world. Sure, we were up for the craic,drunk, and loud as **** but never disrespectful..Until now.

I hope none of those idiots turn up in Vegas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

After seeing the thing with the belt... I genuinely don't care if that was planned or just to build more hype. I want to see Aldo knock Conor out.

what was said about the translator? I missed that part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

A lot of people stampeding to express their embarrassment. There was a lot of drunken idiots and a few embarrassment moments. It was always going to happen so this faux shock and outrage seems unnecessary.

Conor grabbing the belt. Nate The Great rallying the crowd. The announcement of an Irish card this year. The general atmosphere before and for the majority during. The staredowns to end a long world tour. More positives for me than negatives.

I think Conor certainly wound Aldo up beyond redemption. He's made it personal for Aldo now, exactly like he has done in different ways in his previous UFC fights. I couldn't see passed Aldo even a few months ago, but Conor has placed himself in a position where most people aren't sure. That's incredible. Then to see the stage packed with Irish UFC talent afterwards for the Q+A. This was a great shiwcase for Irish MMA, with too many idiots but not enough to spoil it overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Drunken fool roaring racism thing Aldo when I told him to give it up he squared up to me and wanted a fight

Nice experiance

Sadly Dana wont let me put a belt on him after the fight

Worth a try

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Hill 16 scum.

I've spent a lot of time on the Hill supporting Dublin over the years. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I loved every minute of the experience today , (well except for the freezing wind and blinding hail storm right before we got inside haha). There were a few cringeworthy moments aright once the mic started up ( I am betting it's going to seem worse when I watch the video of it) but the atmosphere there was deadly. The people around me (right in front of the podium) were great- nobody drunk or pushy at all and it was such fun. You ought to have seen the dirty looks Aldo was giving some of the fellas near us-hilarious!
    Thanks to Butler for the ticket , it was so appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jippohead

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I've spent a lot of time on the Hill supporting Dublin over the years. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

You know what? I apologise to the decent Dublin GAA fans. What I meant by the Hill 16 comment was that those "fans" in the crowd reminded me of the rent-a-mob that show up late in the Championship giving it the English football chant crap.

Anyway, I'm not hoping McGregor loses at all (the opposite), and I respect his head games with Aldo.

What I didn't like about today what the lack of respect by the crowd (purely because there was nothing particularly smart or witty from them, just a bunch of bravado and stupid insults) and McGregor going after the belt (touch it when you truly deserve it). Although it was a fair point that these are fan Q&As so I shouldn't have expected much better.

Anyway, I'm a sensitive wee soul obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

What a load of crap. It's a joke that the UFC set up a Press Conference where the champ of the division gets slagged off for 40 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

What a load of crap. It's a joke that the UFC set up a Press Conference where the champ of the division gets slagged off for 40 minutes.

No respect from the trailer park trash that was in attendance today which is a disgrace and embarrassment to this nation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

He said they're on sale at Snap Printing on Charlemont St. I suspect they would also be available at SBG Concorde as his parents run the front desk there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Snap printing in charlamount I thought he said however not sure there is even one there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Hearing guys call Aldo a pussy and a bitch...ffs

It's like a crowd of McGregors, he's spreading his ego around these simpletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

Terrible stuff from some of the ''fans''. How do you go to a Q&A with Aldo and not even ask him one interesting question?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

And one even said ''**** you'' iirc.

So disrespectful. If they were witty or something it might be different, but they come across as total idiots by just insulting Aldo like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Disgraceful stuff really. Some of the racism on show was disgusting.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

McGregor has become the Pied Piper of Irish Scumbags..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Zascar wrote: »
    McGregor has become the Pied Piper of Irish Scumbags..

If he stopped acting like a scumbag maybe the scumbags would stop following him.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jamok

At least Ego and bravado of Conor is something he can back up in the Octagon as a Mixed Martial Artist.

These people today have no idea what it takes to be a champion athlete of that calibre. Most of them cant even do a pushup.

But a drop of booze, a sprinkle of ego and the sight of a microphone and that makes them brave enough to call José Aldo a pussy and a bitch.

Baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

walshb wrote: »
    McGregor has to to be the most over-hyped Irish sportsman since Bernard Dunne...

You should take that monkey off your back, must be a pain in the ass carrying it around all these years.

Supporting your own really is a difficult thing to embrace in your book eh, much easier to be a bitter bar stool critic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

We get it. You're all outraged. The same sentence expressed a thousand ways over the last 4 pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Absolutely immense experience again, Jose is rattlled and so is his striking coach I have a video of him screaming at me because he couldn't take the abuse :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

It's all fake, he puts it on to draw attention to himself so he can get more money from his fights. Countless other fighters over the years have done the same. That said, they still managed to keep it to a reasonable and respectable level. McGregor's just an embarrassment with how he acts now. Hope Aldo gives a few post sneaky extra kicks and punches into him when he's KO'd to absolutely piss off the typical beer belly Irish fan.

Embarrassing moment when they catch me giving the fingers on national tv my mother not happy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ASOT wrote: »
    Absolutely immense experience again, Jose is rattlled and so is his striking coach I have a video of him screaming at me because he couldn't take the abuse :pac:

Why give him "abuse" in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Will the crowd over shut up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

but1er wrote: »
    Embarrassing moment when they catch me giving the fingers on national tv my mother not happy

Why were you giving the fingers at all and to who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

wow that chap in the bomber jacket; that's embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Aldos new translator has a chip on his shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

This is madness and utterly crazy.

The young one was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Absolute pack of scumbags, some of the abuse and racism hurled at Aldo was terrible. Irish fans have always had a good reputation abroad but today they were as bad as English Football Hooligans. Needless to say few people outside of Ireland will be wanting McGregor to win July 12th and after today i can't blame them, McGregor has gone too far on this tour, hype is one thing but taking the mans belt is downright disrespect which a great fighter like Aldo does not deserve. I'll probably get slated for this but come July 12th i'm rooting for Aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Im honestly more surprised that the majority of those disappointing and annoyed by what went down was expecting anything less. Its happened in nearly every city more noticeably in Rio and New York. Im more surprised there were so few Irish Media questions. It is what it is get on with it and look forward to the fight!

Why were you giving the fingers at all and to who?

I really don't know got caught up in the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Axwell wrote: »
    Why give him "abuse" in the first place?

By abuse I mean we were calling him saying he's rattled and Aldo's scared, he lost the rag and started screaming at us in Portuguese then english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Jayses just watched that and can't say I'm too enamoured by the UFC at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement