Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Paully D wrote: »
    How could anyone not feel pride hearing McGregor shouting "welcome to Eire, this is my home country" there? Superb! :cool:

Are you taking the piss? That was embarrassing, I'm a fan but he was brutal there, taking the belt and screaming non-stop all playing up to the fans in front of him who seemed to be mostly morons.

He should do himself a PR favour and just stay out of the limelight for a while. He's at overexposure point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    The vlogs have bee great. Back to back, they are a great 75 min summary of the world tour.
    The press conferences as a whole have been largely shambolic and very repetitive. Although I don't really blame McGregor or Aldo for that, they did what they had to.
    nm wrote: »
    He should do himself a PR favour and just stay out of the limelight for a while. He's at overexposure point.

12 days, 7 or 8 cities. Endless reporters asking the same questions. Of course we're at saturation point. That really can't be helped after a tour like that.
    I imagine the whole thing was very mentally draining and fair play to both fighters for getting it done.
    The fight is 14 weeks away, I imagine there will be little offical media until fight week now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Reading here that it's Brandon Thatch vs Jordan Mein, but mmajunkie says Brandon Thatch vs John Howard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Reading here that it's Brandon Thatch vs Jordan Mein, but mmajunkie says Brandon Thatch vs John Howard.

Yeah, ufc tonight confirmed that it's Thatch vs Howard. Slightly disappointed, Thatch vs Mein would have been a far better fight imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Not nearly as good as the original match-up unfortunately and looks like a routine win for Thatch coming off the Henderson loss. Howard has lost his last 3 including the 1st round stoppage to Larkin on the McGregor - Siver Boston bill. Another loss here will probably get him cut

nm wrote: »
    Are you taking the piss? That was embarrassing, I'm a fan but he was brutal there, taking the belt and screaming non-stop all playing up to the fans in front of him who seemed to be mostly morons.

i think connors playing it perfectly to be honest its all showmanship and its gotten him a title fight early the fans are a different story but thats been well documented at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭foleypio

WOW! That press conference was embarrassing. To think it's been beamed around the world since makes it even more so.

For the first time in a long time I have to admit I'm embarrassed to be Irish & sincerely hope Aldo puts Mcgregor on his arse early.

There is a decency & common lack of respect missing from Mcgregor & his knacker fans currently. I dont ****ing care if he is selling a fight, if he's representing Ireland abroad he would want to show a bit of respect to all the people he claims to be representing.

I dont know if this is a post celtic tiger thing where alot of little overindulged tigercub knacks have found a new hobby or if we have become a nation of arrogant mother****ers ourselves

I look forward to July 11 & Aldo wiping the floor with this piece of manure. I'll be putting big money on Aldo too to make the victory even more sweeter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Has anyone mentioned some of the fans at the press conference yet?

BTW, for those arguing a win for mcgregor, I fail to see it. Aldo threw hardly any leg kicks against mendes & still beat him well despite Mendes being a much stronger puncher(took a few craics too so we know he has a strong chin). This completely negates the advantage some would believe mcgregor has by being southpaw. If it goes to ground, Aldo has a blackbelt in jiu jitsu for years & mcgregor a brown. Enough said.

Aldo has fought the best in the division time & again & still come out on the other side. Theres a strong argument to be made for him being the best pound for pound UFC fighter of all time.

What has Mcgregor done, beat a washed up 36 year old siver & hit an overrated poirier in the back of the head. CLAP CLAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

foleypio wrote: »
    WOW! That press conference was embarrassing. To think it's been beamed around the world since makes it even more so.

For the first time in a long time I have to admit I'm embarrassed to be Irish & sincerely hope Aldo puts Mcgregor on his arse early.

There is a decency & common lack of respect missing from Mcgregor & his knacker fans currently. I dont ****ing care if he is selling a fight, if he's representing Ireland abroad he would want to show a bit of respect to all the people he claims to be representing.

I dont know if this is a post celtic tiger thing where alot of little overindulged tigercub knacks have found a new hobby or if we have become a nation of arrogant mother****ers ourselves

I look forward to July 11 & Aldo wiping the floor with this piece of manure. I'll be putting big money on Aldo too to make the victory even more sweeter.
    No better than the brazillian fans in fairness although i do hope most of the lads asking questions don't make it over to Vegas!

• Advertisement

No better than the brazillian fans in fairness although i do hope most of the lads asking questions don't make it over to Vegas!

Yah fans from a developing country like Brazil, probably raised in the kind of abject poverty none of our own boys would even have to ability to comprehend. Probably uneducated too through no fault of their own. No excuse for it in this country though

Although I cant say I blame them, when you have a home grown champion like Aldo who is continually disrespected & insulted by a jumped up Dublin knack, I can imagine it would be hard to keep your cool too

I look forward to the day when this thread actually contains discussion about UFC189 as an event once again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw Gadhela is hoping Ais beats Randa so they can finally have their fight at 189. That would be a good one for Dana's Ireland vs Brazil stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

It was worse in Brazil if anything. Does that mean we blame Aldo for that?

Unfortunately these fan events are always cluster****s. Even when they have them in the US. Full of guys half cut asking inane questions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

When you watch the Embedded clip it looks great, none of the silliness of the fans was shown on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

For the first time in a long time I have to admit I'm embarrassed to be Irish

I'm embarrassed you're Irish too if that's any consolation.

Some Irish people are di(kheads so you're embarrassed of your nationality?

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Petermc83

Enough is enough...im with dulux.. cant we just get back to discussing the potential blockbuster of an event coming up..

We all get it... the "bandwagon" fans were morons..the sillyness and drunkness was atrocious but for me.. i was there..ive been an avid fan of MMA for over 10years now and i have to admit i got caught up in the atmosphere of the whole thing.

We had 7 irish fighters up on that stage for a Q & A after the main event and i enjoyed that even more than the shenanigans that went on before it. But they wouldnt be even on the roster if it wasnt for Conor! He has raised the profile of Irish MMA to a level that we could never dream of. We need to ride the wave that he is bringing us on and fingers crossed, one day.. a world title will be coming back to these shores.. whether it is around Mcgregors/Duffys/Dalys waist, it doesnt matter.

Rant over.

Happy Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Link to Joe Duffy (the fat one, not the talented one):

http://severemma.com/2015/04/audio-andrew-mcgahon-on-rte-radios-liveline/

I thought Andrew and the other guy (Phillip?) did a very good job. Joe with more of the usual, but you're never going to change the mind of someone who forms an opinion with literally no knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AndThatsAFact

whos putting down a few pound and what round finish tko/sub/draw/dec are ye going for ?

• Advertisement

whos putting down a few pound and what round finish tko/sub/draw/dec are ye going for ?

I've some money on Aldo win, and some money on McGregor to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

When the odds come up I'll do a small treble on Thatch (outright), Gunni (Sub) and McGregor (KO/TKO)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'll have to bet on Aldo at the odds being offered. Not sure how he'll win but I think he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

That_Guy wrote: »
    When the odds come up I'll do a small treble on Thatch (outright), Gunni (Sub) and McGregor (KO/TKO)

Iv a treble on Khabib, Mayweather & Conor 50 on 300ieh back.

ASOT wrote: »

Nice. You know, I'd nearly be tempted to lump on MacDonald.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Mellor wrote: »
    I've some money on Aldo win, and some money on McGregor to win.

Come down off that fence!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

mfceiling wrote: »
    Come down off that fence!!

There's no such thing as a fence when you're gambling. If there's value you go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nice. You know, I'd nearly be tempted to lump on MacDonald.

Il be adding him in aswell but the odds still aren't up yet; I think it'll be a night of And New announced by buffer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

MrStuffins wrote: »
    There's no such thing as a fence when you're gambling. If there's value you go with it.

How can you win money by backing both fighters? Serious question...do different bookies offer better odds and therefore you can cover both men and still win? Or is it pick the round or ko?

*not a gambler!!*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

How can you win money by backing both fighters? Serious question...do different bookies offer better odds and therefore you can cover both men and still win? Or is it pick the round or ko?

*not a gambler!!*

I'd guess he's betting method of victory or round. Wouldn't be worth it to to make two bets for just the overall winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

ASOT wrote: »

I have a little feeling Cowboy might submit Khabib off his back.

• Advertisement

*not a gambler!!*

You've pretty much nailed it. Odds fluctuate over time, especially early on.
    I managed to get money on Aldo when his odds were close to evens, and money on mcgregor when his were longest.
    The plan is to keep piling money in at favourable odds. And either end up with guaranteed profit no matter who wins or else a free roll on one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Someone was a naughty boy in Ireland! :pac:

https://twitter.com/SeanSheehanBA/status/584700152344096769

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Paully D wrote: »
    Someone was a naughty boy in Ireland! :pac:

https://twitter.com/SeanSheehanBA/status/584700152344096769

If this flys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

If it is in the Sunday World gossip column it must be true. Lets just try to **** up a guys marriage with zero proof because he is fighting Conor McGregor. I hate the gutter press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm going to Vegas on June 22nd for a week. What are the chances of McGregor being there whether it be training, press conference or promoting?

Would be cool to attend something if he has anything happening then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd day you'd have a good chance. He said he will be in Vegas a month before the fight (july 11th) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'd day you'd have a good chance. He said he will be in Vegas a month before the fight (july 11th) .

Yeah i d say so. I'll be keeping an eye out for some news.

I'll have to grow s beard and get a snapback to fit in with the McGregor groupies :L

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'll have to grow s beard and get a snapback to fit in with the McGregor groupies :L
    Should I shave my beard to highlight that I'm not a groupie.
    #UFCfashiondilemma

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Aldo is a top man. Very hard to dislike him.

Class personified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Artem Lobov will be on the MMA hour around 7.00pm talking about the 189 tour and whats next

Does anyone know, if I bring my printed tickets for 189 to the box office in MGM, would they swap my ticket to an actual proper plastic ticket? Would love to have a proper ticket as a souvenir

dulux99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know, if I bring my printed tickets for 189 to the box office in MGM, would they swap my ticket to an actual proper plastic ticket? Would love to have a proper ticket as a souvenir

I've gotten email tickets re-issued as paper tickets from ticketmaster in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

A few pairs of tix up on eBay 700-999 for the 244dollar tix.
    Flights 975ish each
    Hotel 500

Expensive trip. Wonder if tix will come down in price closer to the event

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Flights 975ish each
    Hotel 500

Don’t use ebay. Use stubhub or ticketmaster ticket swap. With these you can also keep an eye on the market and get them when you think they’re at their lowest. Like most markets the prices will move depending on demand and supply in the run up.

Flights 975ish each
    Hotel 500

I doubt it. People will become desperate and pay anything closer to the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I have two 350 ish tickets, the wife is unsure if she will go into the fight. Can you horsetrade online and split the two tickets?

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I have two 350 ish tickets, the wife is unsure if she will go into the fight. Can you horsetrade online and split the two tickets?

Pretty sure you can split and re-sell one of then through Ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Had checked on stub hub but they're more expensive on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement