Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭foleypio

eurokev wrote: »
    I personally can't see Aldo taking this fight, I'd almost bet my house on it that he will pull out a week or two before the fight, and Conor will probably eventually move up to 155 having never fought Aldo, hope to god I'm wrong though

Absolute nonsense, Aldo will be taking this fight on & finishing it early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Panic E wrote: »
    I think that Conor can win it.

As do I, But the closer and closer the fight gets the more and more I think Aldo will.

Selfishly I want one of them to get injured and get the fight postponed cause I'll be in North America in September and I want to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Bit of chat about the fight at start of Rgan podcast this week...just after Jones story at start

http://youtu.be/Gm8xFaM-raY

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

TimRiggins wrote: »
    As do I, But the closer and closer the fight gets the more and more I think Aldo will.

Selfishly I want one of them to get injured and get the fight postponed cause I'll be in North America in September and I want to go!

Lol. Should be a good one in any case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Tyron Woodley says he will be back by late July, but would be interested in fighting at 189 if they offer him the right fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Tyron Woodley says he will be back by late July, but would be interested in fighting at 189 if they offer him the right fight.

Does anyone really want to see him at 189? I certainly don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

dulux99 wrote: »
    Does anyone really want to see him at 189? I certainly don't

Him v big rigg in a no 1 contender fight is alright by me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thomas Almeida vs Brad Pickett added.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Thomas Almeida vs Brad Pickett added.

Almeida down to Flyweight? He looked a beast at Bantamweight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pickett making the move back to BW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Brad has talked about going back to BW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Petermc83

not too excited about the new fight announcement... was hoping for something bigger...

Pickett moving up.

Come on marquee heavyweight announcement.

Pickett is gonna get lit up, Almedia has some serious power.

Looks like Jake Ellenberger is gonna be fighting on it.

https://twitter.com/EllenbergerMMA/status/595471547579510784

Pickett is gonna get lit up, Almedia has some serious power.

Looks like Jake Ellenberger is gonna be fighting on it.

https://twitter.com/EllenbergerMMA/status/595471547579510784

Hopefully it's Nate Diaz

dulux99 wrote: »
    Hopefully it's Nate Diaz

It's gonna be Demian Maia isn't it???

It's gonna be Demian Maia isn't it???

I'm thinking him or Stephen Thompson

I'm thinking him or Stephen Thompson

I wouldn't mind the Thompson fight. He's on a 4 fight winning streak too and hasn't fought since September. Stylistically, it'd be better than Maia.

I wouldn't mind the Thompson fight. He's on a 4 fight winning streak too and hasn't fought since September. Stylistically, it'd be better than Maia.

Absolutely. I feel like I've seen everything maia has to offer at this point in his career. I know he has excellent technical and positional BJJ, but the fact is he's only submitted two people in the last 7 years or so.

Just looking at the card now, and it may not be as stacked in terms of names as 187 but its stacked with talent and fighters that finish fights.

Almedia v Pickett has the makings of a war. Matt Brown v Tim Means will be a war. Cody Garbrandt looked very good in his first fight, highly touted prospect.

Brandon Thatch is going to ruin John Howard and that will be fun. Gunnar hopefully getting back in the win column and Bermudez v Stephens is the only fight that I wish they would have stuck on the TUF Finale.

Will be interesting to see what they fill the remaining 3 fights with. Big names or more prospects for prelims.

Right now the shape of the card could be

FP Prelims: Cody Garbrandt v Henry Briones, Mike Swick v Alex Garcia, TBA
    FS1 Prelims: Thomas Almedia v Brad Pickett, Gunnar v Hathaway, Bermudez v Stephens, Ellenberger v ???
    Main Card: Matt Brown v Tim Means, Thatch v Howard, TBA, Lawler v MacDonald and McGregor v Aldo.

Looking unreal so far.

• Advertisement

Plus two fights to be added
    Great card imo

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Da.kid

Its a great card I think. They could of put anyone on that card and it wouldnt matter because Conor is carrying the card.

Looking forward to seeing Thomas Almeida once again. 23 years old, 19-0 and was impressive against Yves Jabouin.

Im really looking forward to watching Cody Garbrandt. A real exiting fighter with fantastic stand up.

Da.kid wrote: »
    Its a great card I think. They could of put anyone on that card and it wouldnt matter because Conor is carrying the card.

Looking forward to seeing Thomas Almeida once again. 23 years old, 19-0 and was impressive against Yves Jabouin.

Im really looking forward to watching Cody Garbrandt. A real exiting fighter with fantastic stand up.

Gabrandt most be the only one in the Team Alpha Male gym that likes McGregor!

But yeah, Almedia is a killer as is Cody. The bantamweight division has some very very exciting fighters coming through at the minute.

Really hope one of the last two places on the card goes to Paddy Holohan. By all accounts he's over in Vegas already training with Conor and Gunnar so it would only make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Lads be carefull doing visas lots of sites offering them at different prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

^^

This is the ONLY site you should use to get your tourist visa when travelling to the US. It's the official site. Anywhere else will just charge extra for absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

El Guapo! wrote: »
    ^^

This is the ONLY site you should use to get your tourist visa when travelling to the US. It's the official site. Anywhere else will just charge extra for absolutely nothing.

Not sure if it's still there but when I filled mine out a few months ago, my favourite question was:
    Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage; or in terrorist activities; or genocide; or between 1933 and 1945 were you involved, in any way, in persecutions associated with Nazi Germany or its allies?

Er...... not that I remember

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Not sure if it's still there but when I filled mine out a few months ago, my favourite question was:

Er...... not that I remember

You'd be the worlds worst spy if you answered yes to that question.

"Are you a spy?"

"Yes.

I mean no!

Shít."

• Advertisement

^^

I'm assuming this links in with your passport number and bringing a load of printed documents is unnecessary?

I'm assuming this links in with your passport number and bringing a load of printed documents is unnecessary?

Yep.

You can print it out afterwards and bring it with you for peace of mind but it's not needed.

Yep.

You can print it out afterwards and bring it with you for peace of mind but it's not needed.

Cheers pal.

You'd be the worlds worst spy if you answered yes to that question.

"Are you a spy?"

"Yes.

I mean no!

Shít."
    I think they ask the stupid questions as lying about something could be seen as different to simply not volunteering the info, from a legal stand point.

Nah its digital. Linked to passport, and you should do US immigration in Dublin (if first stop is in the US)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Yep.

You should keep the confirmation number somewhere handy. I had a real pain trying to get on a flight recently without it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

If you go to London then Vegas, you do custom in America could take two to three hours so go easy on the drink, if you go Dublin then America you just collect your bags in Vegas

• Advertisement

Jake Ellenberger vs Steven "Wonder Boy" Thompson added.

Nice fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Another good fight, I'll take wonder boy for that one.

Now we just need a fight or two from the heavier divisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

hes right, this is the official visa site. i despise this site as i had to fill in my own and 7 other peoples visas because im the designated tech guy in the family :rolleyes:

raging im gonna be in vegas 2 weeks before this fight. i hope that mcgregor is doing some promo stuff when im there! june 22nd - 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

A female fight is badly needed... Tis Fight Week after all.

Really great card so far. Gonna be a fantastic evening of fights.

A female fight is badly needed... Tis Fight Week after all.

Really great card so far. Gonna be a fantastic evening of fights.

There'll be 10 female fights on the friday.
    Including Cyborg, and Caterine Costigan. A friend of mine is potentially going to make her invicta debut too.

• Advertisement

Really happy with Wonderboy vs Ellenberger. Wonderboy to put on a clinic imo. If he can stay injury free I think he can be a real player in that division.

I have a spare ticket for the event now as a friend pulled out if there is anyone interested. You will have the added joy of sitting beside me.

Face value 378 plus a pint

Off point a little bit, but just a heads up for anybody heading over to the fights with their girlfriend\wife.

Mariah Carey has a two month residency in Caesars Palace which finishes in July.

She has shows on the 8th, 11th (fight night, no-go),12th of July which people may be in Vegas for.

Brownie points a plenty I say!!!

Off point a little bit, but just a heads up for anybody heading over to the fights with their girlfriend\wife.

Mariah Carey has a two month residency in Caesars Palace which finishes in July.

She has shows on the 8th, 11th (fight night, no-go),12th of July which people may be in Vegas for.

Brownie points a plenty I say!!!

That was my plan at 116.

I watched Brock, she watched Cher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The wife doesn't want to see either Carey or Spears so result there :) I would nearly do to Ka again, was amazing previously.

Has anyone figured out the best stuff to see on Int Fight week events other than the expo?

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    The wife doesn't want to see either Carey or Spears so result there :) I would nearly do to Ka again, was amazing previously.

Has anyone figured out the best stuff to see on Int Fight week events other than the expo?

I did Mystere last time at Treasure Island. TI's buffet is superb too!

O is supposed to be the best Cirque show but I'd be shot if I went to see that without the wife, and I'm not sure my mate would be interested either. I'm tempted to leave his dumb ass in the hotel on the Friday and go to Invicta alone. He's a WMMA hater.

Definitely doing the gun store though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

MarkY91 wrote: »
    raging im gonna be in vegas 2 weeks before this fight. i hope that mcgregor is doing some promo stuff when im there! june 22nd - 29th

I know the feeling. I was in Vegas 3 weeks before 178. Had a warm fuzzy feeling seeing all the huge posters though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah I regretted not shooting last two times, defo going this time. I seen O and I wasn't overly impressed tbh. A couple of amazing dives but Ka is better overall imo.

Not sure I will get to the Invicta fights, prob do the Downtown meet and greet and the Freemont st gig if the mrs hasn't anything else planned.

La Reve at the Wynn is supposed to be great.

Got two tickets the other day for Miss\Mrs\Ms. (divorced yet?) Carey for the 8th July.

Btw I think Rory and Robbie will go the full 5 rounds.

I don't think Conor and Aldo will go the full 5.

One advantage Aldo has is his training partners. While it has worked out so far just looking at the SBG guys he has helping him prepare for this fight there are some good up and coming Irish fighters but nobody else that really ufc level at the minute apart from Gunni and he does not seem to be there at the minute.

Thats not meant to me insulting to any of those guys - some look to have bright futures but they are well below conor's level at the moment

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement