Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Thats not meant to me insulting to any of those guys - some look to have bright futures but they are well below conor's level at the moment

So are most people in the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Petermc83

looking forward to catching the Hall Of Fame during the fight week too.
    The Reebok launch is also one. With Conor tied up in preparations for his fight and Jones being sacked.. im guessing Ronda, Paige & Hendricks will be there at it... plus whoever they sign to replace Jones ( Weidmann maybe>?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If they see a gap in their preparations I guess they are in a good place to bring someone in for a couple of weeks to work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Sickened i'm not going to this. On paper 187 is probably the better card but stylistically this is a beautifully put together card. Stand up wars all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Those who've been to an event in the MGM before, did they have the in ear commentary radios?

I remember seeing them at UFC 93 in Dublin years ago but when I was at 169 in New Jersey last year there was no sign of'em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Those who've been to an event in the MGM before, did they have the in ear commentary radios?

I remember seeing them at UFC 93 in Dublin years ago but when I was at 169 in New Jersey last year there was no sign of'em

The had them at 167 can't remember if they did at 178. Think they might of but were sold out when I went to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Last time I was at the MGM was UFC 116. I'm pretty sure the system was on the blink that night. I was going to get one but they were not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

For people going to the Expo July 11th weekend it's being rumoured that Reebok and Musclepharm are the only supplement and clothing booths allowed to exhibit, so brands like Dethrone, Tappout etc who'd all have guest fighters there are being frozen out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

This Reebok deal is definitely not looking too smart right now.

The fighter pay deal is almost universally unpopular. And this is just daft.

I wonder what the tapout guys think about it. Surprised Reebok aren't making the UFC remove the Charles Lewis tribute from the Octagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

An expo full of 2 brands sounds shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I imagine that this Reebok deal will be one part of a multi brand strategy whereby there's an official headphone provider of the UFC, official whey protein of the UFC, official dynamic fastening device of the UFC etc. and the fighters get a cut of each (at least that'd be the smart way). But they haven't put them all in place at the same time and it's f*cking everyone over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Are many of you boys planning on heading to Joe Rogans comedy the night before the fight?

There is just too much stuff to choose from that night! Rogan is always quality and i'm sure he'll be bringing a few of his friends in for it (hopefully Joey Diaz!!!) Marilyn Manson & Smashing Pumpkins are playing a gig at the Hard Rock and an Invicta show headlined by Cyborg with Catherine Costigan on the undercard!

Decisions Decisions!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm guessing as this fight is in Las Vegas that it'll on early Sunday morning Irish time like the Mayweather Pacquiao fight was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I'm guessing as this fight is in Las Vegas that it'll on early Sunday morning Irish time like the Mayweather Pacquiao fight was?

It won't be as late as that but still late, expect a 4am start for the main event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

You'll have a full preliminary card and full under card before the main event, too, so there'll be fights going from 12am onwards I would reckon. It can speed up/slow down depending on KO/Submission wins cutting fights short etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

DK224 wrote: »
    There is just too much stuff to choose from that night! Rogan is always quality and i'm sure he'll be bringing a few of his friends in for it (hopefully Joey Diaz!!!) Marilyn Manson & Smashing Pumpkins are playing a gig at the Hard Rock and an Invicta show headlined by Cyborg with Catherine Costigan on the undercard!

Decisions Decisions!

Think Dropkick Murphy's are playing on Fremont St in a free gig that night too. At least that was the rumour going around. So much to do, so little time for me to clone myself to do it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

The main card starts at 3am..Earliest I would expect Mcgregor's fights is 4.30am

It won't be as late as that but still late, expect a 4am start for the main event

This could be a 5am start for the McGregor fight. They have a 5 fight main card that starts at 3 with the co-main potentially going 5 rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Nah it'll be much later than that. Depending on the undercard it could easily be 5.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Guile704

Yeah, for the non-prelim fights it'll probably start around 3, but by the time McGregor and Aldo square off it'll be probably 5 or 530. I'll be up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

dulux99 wrote: »
    Are many of you boys planning on heading to Joe Rogans comedy the night before the fight?

A few of us hope to. That and the weigh in would suffice but would love to get down to Freemont Street as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

dulux99 wrote: »
    Nah it'll be much later than that. Depending on the undercard it could easily be 5.30am

Sorry didn't realise how stacked the card was, you're right defo 5-5.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Calvin Harris in the MGM as well! I actually can't deal with all this haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

but1er wrote: »
    Calvin Harris in the MGM as well! I actually can't deal with all this haha

There's special guests on the thursday and sunday.
    Might be Steve Aoki and/or Hardwell edit maybe not.

Calvin Harris he's playing in pool party venue on the Saturday too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Mellor wrote: »
    There's special guests on the thursday and sunday.
    Might be Steve Aoki and/or Hardwell edit maybe not.

Calvin Harris he's playing in pool party venue on the Saturday too

Where are you seeing this promoted?

Where are you seeing this promoted?

http://tickets.wetrepublic.com/wetrepublic/buy/tickets/event/132424?layout=wetrepublic
    Doors open at the pool at 11am and it goes on till about 6 or 7pm, first fight starts about 4pm so an early exit required! Saturday is looking like an absolute marathon!
    Speaking of marathons is anybody thinking of doing the UFC Ulti-man 5k that morning at 7am!?

I'm considering the 5k.
    What are the details?

• Advertisement

http://www.ufc.com/fightweek-ultiman-5k-run

It's a 5k run or a 1 mile walk for charity with a 7am start on the morning of the fight, a lot of UFC fighters and personalities will be taking part in it. $45 to register with the price increasing each month till the run itself.

DK224 wrote: »
    http://www.ufc.com/fightweek-ultiman-5k-run

It's a 5k run or a 1 mile walk for charity with a 7am start on the morning of the fight, a lot of UFC fighters and personalities will be taking part in it. $45 to register with the price increasing each month till the run itself.
    But what can I win ;)

7am start?? I'd be crawling through that 5k.

That_Guy wrote: »
    7am start?? I'd be crawling through that 5k.

I'd rather run it at 7 than in the midday heat. The hangover is the only concern really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'd rather not run while on holiday tbh :D

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I'd rather not run tbh :D
    FYP

Lets not pretend the holiday is a factor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm considering the 5k.
    What are the details?

I'd rather try win 5K than run it!! I'll be more than happy to kick off a boards game of black jack then lump it all on mcgregor to win...we did that last year it was brilliant!

sign me up johnpro! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Me too, BJ tables in MGM on Friday evening maybe after weight ins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

JoeyJJ wrote: »

I have a filthy filthy mind

JoeyJJ wrote: »

Sounds like my kind of table. Can you get them in IKEA?

im sure if you go to Thailand theyre freely available.......

Petermc83 wrote: »
    im sure if you go to Thailand theyre freely available.......

Watch the fight on telly, Be sound.

Is there a boards meet up??

but1er wrote: »
    Is there a boards meet up??

In vegas? I'd be up for that!

• Advertisement

I'm going to Vegas to get away from all of you bastards!!!

In vegas? I'd be up for that!

Arrange a night at the roulette table bitta of a laugh

Or in the strippers ha

It has just been announced that the Ultimate Fighter Finale card has been moved from Florida to the MGM Grand Las Vegas the night after UFC 189 on July 12th

"The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale card originally scheduled for South Florida will now cap off International Fight Week in Las Vegas, with the event taking place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sunday, July 12, the night after UFC 189 in the same venue. In the main event, Jake Ellenberger faces off against Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson in a bout moved from UFC 189, and also featured on the card is a battle of two fighters making the move to 170 pounds, as Jorge Masvidal squares off with Cezar “Mutante” Ferreira."

so with Ellenberger vs Thompson moved to the Sunday night... that opens up 1 more slot on the 187 card.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement