Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Petermc83

Would it be safe to say that reebok will bring out a new range for the title fight for McGregor? dont really wanna fork out my hard earned cash now and find out when i hit the MGM that the t-shirt is already out-dated..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Would it be safe to say that reebok will bring out a new range for the title fight for McGregor? dont really wanna fork out my hard earned cash now and find out when i hit the MGM that the t-shirt is already out-dated..

Why would that matter?

Plus it would look like you are a "real" fan and not just a bandwagoner

i have his first two shirts from Dethrone. The carriage on the Reebok gear is v high and to b honest...the designs arent nearly as good as the Dethrone stuff so i said id wait and see if they either get reduced or a new design comes out for the title fight

loved Paddy Holohans "hooligan" t-shirt which was released recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Petermc83 wrote: »
    i have his first two shirts from Dethrone. The carriage on the Reebok gear is v high and to b honest...the designs arent nearly as good as the Dethrone stuff so i said id wait and see if they either get reduced or a new design comes out for the title fight

loved Paddy Holohans "hooligan" t-shirt which was released recently

People actually follow this stuff? I can understand in football, but MMA?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

stephenl15 wrote: »
    People actually follow this stuff? I can understand in football, but MMA?

How can you understand football but not something else? They're all as bad as each other. Football jerseys are the same each year with a new sponsor every so often.

How can you understand football but not something else? They're all as bad as each other. Football jerseys are the same each year with a new sponsor every so often.

Well I just wouldn't have been aware that people would want the latest fighters gear and that apparently it goes out of fashion if you don't have the latest, whereas I would have been with football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Plus Uriah Faber is making an appearance in-store on 11th July.

Very good, must go in there and buy myself and bday present on the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Is the fight only being shown on BT Sport? Wanted to just get it in for the night but 19 euro a month plus a 10 euro downgrade fee is less than appealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Is the fight only being shown on BT Sport? Wanted to just get it in for the night but 19 euro a month plus a 10 euro downgrade fee is less than appealing

It'll be PPV on the website too perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It'll be PPV on the website too perhaps

Perhaps? I'm counting on that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

They've got UFC 188 for €17.99 here https://www.ufc.tv/events

Seems like you also have to pay for prelim action for an extra €7.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That_Guy wrote: »

Prelims are free if you have fight pass, otherwise you pay for once off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

dulux99 wrote: »
    I like Bas but he's absolutely not the man to take over from Joe. Brian Stann is the UFC's best commentator, and his partnership with Jon Anik is much better than Rogan and Goldberg. And I'm a huge Rogan fan.

anyone else think goldberg always sounds like video game commentary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mellor wrote: »
    Prelims are free if you have fight pass, otherwise you pay for once off

Oh yeah I understand that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Just for anyone who's interested Joe Rogan has tweeted that he'll be doing stand up at the KA Theatre, MGM Grand on July 10th the night before the fight. Tickets go on sale later today

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Joe-Rogan-tickets/artist/705292

• Advertisement

If anyone isn't planning on hitting the Invicta show, i'd recommend going to see Joe Rogan. Went to see him before UFC 93 and he was hilarious!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If anyone isn't planning on hitting the Invicta show, i'd recommend going to see Joe Rogan. Went to see him before UFC 93 and he was hilarious!

Yeah hes a really funny guy and a great comedian

Depp wrote: »
    Yeah hes a really funny guy and a great comedian

Would either of those not imply the other:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I was going to be at Drop Kick Murphys which is also down for the night before I believe, decisions decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

That'll be hilarious if the small arena staging Invicta is swamped with hundreds of Irish fans on the lash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

That_Guy wrote: »

They also do a deal for 6 months of fightpass half price plus the PPV in a bundle for €38. It's a decent deal if you already subscribe to fightpass, you would have paid €48 just for those six months. And Ireland of all countries has to be up there in value for money with fightpass considering everything is live on other than numbered main cards.

I think I'll go this route as I don't have BTSport. Not chancing my arm with a stream for this fight!

Would either of those not imply the other:P

slightly off topic but its possible to be an absolute riot but be a poor comedian but that statement was worded poorly ill concede

They also do a deal for 6 months of fightpass half price plus the PPV in a bundle for €38. It's a decent deal if you already subscribe to fightpass, you would have paid €48 just for those six months. And Ireland of all countries has to be up there in value for money with fightpass considering everything is live on other than numbered main cards.

I think I'll go this route as I don't have BTSport. Not chancing my arm with a stream for this fight!

Me too. Imagine missing it due to a dodgy stream!

does fightpass get the full 189 card?

No, it'll be a once off fee.

Just the prelims. Main card is PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Any Irish channels make any attempt to show this live, I guessing 3e will show it Monday night which is pointless.spoilers be everywhere for this straight after the fight.oh I miss the days of not having to worry bout spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

So is there anyway i can find out about any events if any at all where conor wi be in vegas during 22nd june to 29th?

Ill be there during them days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

dave1982 wrote: »
    Any Irish channels make any attempt to show this live, I guessing 3e will show it Monday night which is pointless.spoilers be everywhere for this straight after the fight.oh I miss the days of not having to worry bout spoilers.

There definitely won't be any Irish channels showing it. Why not just pay the 20 quid either for the online ppv or just get bt sport for the month?

• Advertisement

There definitely won't be any Irish channels showing it. Why not just pay the 20 quid either for the online ppv or just get bt sport for the month?

BT for just a month?

Think imma go for the online ppv with the 6 month fight pass sub, brilliant deal and im not taking any risks about missing this card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

dave1982 wrote: »

You'd be surprised how well these rate, tbh. It's mainly the casual audience that isn't going to stay up til 5am to watch it and don't bother their arses with it. Then, you've those who a bit more die hard who will tune in to watch it again because it's on and was a good card. If it was pointless, they'd not have it on air.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just looking at the rankings and wondering is this the first time McGregor has fought a top 3 or top 5 fighter?

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Just looking at the rankings and wondering is this the first time McGregor has fought a top 3 or top 5 fighter?

Poirier was number five contender.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

CatFromHue wrote: »

He has had a very easy run to the title shot! Really its been more about his mouth, like a smaller, less original sonnon, this will be a very one sided beat down by aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

gallag wrote: »
    He has had a very easy run to the title shot! Really its been more about his mouth, like a smaller, less original sonnon, this will be a very one sided beat down by aldo.

Did you feel as strongly about Korean Zombies run to his title shot? Or Kenny Florians? Or Frankie Edgar after coming off two losses? Or would you have preferred to see Aldo have a string of rematches instead, considering he's already beaten everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Well said
    Lesnar got a shot after a loss to Mir and a mauling of Heath herring
    Dana gives you a shot if
    A) you can talk and sell the pay per view
    B) you put on exiting fights
    C) build up interest in people to see you get beaten
    D) if you can knock people the **** out...
    E) have the X factor that gets people talking about your weight class
    F) you bring something new to the table

Tell me which of these Conor has not done???
    Where was 145 before McGregor?? Mid card status.. Now where is it?? In the fastest selling UFC event ever main event?? Who's brought that about?? Conor McGregor

No doubt all us people who lived UFC before Conor was in there knew Aldo etc but few of us cared... Now look at it..

So yes Aldo might beat Conor, but Conor could take his head off too

The joy will bee in seeing the outcome of it[/QUOTE]

He has had a very easy run to the title shot! Really its been more about his mouth,
    An easy run compared to who, at 145?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Did you feel as strongly about Korean Zombies run to his title shot? Or Kenny Florians? Or Frankie Edgar after coming off two losses? Or would you have preferred to see Aldo have a string of rematches instead, considering he's already beaten everyone else.

giphy.gif

Funny. He goes into every fight (except Siver) with people saying "this is the moment he gets found out" (I'm not saying I wasn't one of them) and he smashes everyone....... And now he's had an easy run?

He's earned his shot. With his fists, with his mouth, with his ability to sell a fight, with his charisma...... he's the one guy Aldo hasn't beat. He's the one guy everyone wants to see in the cage fighting for that belt. And I tell ya, McGregor winning the belt is the best possible outcome for the division. All those new match ups? Who wouldn't get excited for McGregor v Edgar? Or v Mendes? Or somehow Faber? Renan Barao? A win for McGregor is a win for fight fans

only 5 weeks from Fight Week now... is it too late for any new fight announcements?
    Was hoping for a good HW bout maybe..

All the fighters are well into their respective fight camps now. if any more announcements are made, surely the UFC would have told the fighters already so they can get the 7/8 weeks training done.

Petermc83 wrote: »
    only 5 weeks from Fight Week now... is it too late for any new fight announcements?
    Was hoping for a good HW bout maybe..

All the fighters are well into their respective fight camps now. if any more announcements are made, surely the UFC would have told the fighters already so they can get the 7/8 weeks training done.
    Just because an announcement hasn't been made publicly doesn't mean the fighters haven't been told.

Ah nevermind, I just checked the card, and there's 11 fights on it now. That's it with two 5 round fights. I thought it was only 10 fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Chris weidman meet n greet in the lv fight store in the mall between 5-6 on the Friday.

The weigh ins will be on around that time on friday too? it will be a squeez to try get down to the store from the MGM i reckon..

soo many options....yet so little time!!!! grrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Very old news. Cropped up again a while ago and theres still a few of us here from that thread :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Very old news. Cropped up again a while ago and theres still a few of us here from that thread :pac:

My bad, sorry. I threw it up in AH to expose other celebs :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

The Rogan comedy tickets for July 10th went on sale at 6pm today: http://www.ticketmaster.com/Joe-Rogan-tickets/artist/705292

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

anyone try to buy rogan tickets the site doesnt seem to give me any tickets but is show alot free !! :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement