Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 23 match day thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Fowler87 wrote: »
    50 with two Soton defenders and hopefully Sanchez to play. Sakho has been a mighty differential lately for me. Mopping up the BPs. Slight jump in the rankings to 22k overall

Have Sakho myself. 4 clean sheets and 8 bps in the 6 games since Xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

43 sees me fall from 4.8k to 5.5k.

4 to play including Il Capitano Graziano, so hopefully get some of that back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

75 sees me up 14k to 7k.

Will go back down tomorrow as I've only Sanchez or Boyd to come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

56 points sees me rise to 2.1k from 3k. Giroud (c) and a surprise Sanchez appearance or Boyd's 2 left. If the handsome Frenchman blanks it'll be 6 captain flops in a row for me. I'd be happy with just an assist from him to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Wow just seen Studge's goal. Not looking too rusty with the finish anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

63 points with Bertrand and Sanchez to play. Silva first sub if Sanchez doesn't make it. Up from 2.4k to 1.2k but will be happy to be within 1.5k by the end of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Need Giroud to score at least two this week to salvage my league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

48 with Cazorla (C), Giroud & Bertrand to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

30 points sees me down around 600 places to ~900 overall from ~350 overall. Giroud (C), Sanchez (or van Aanholt), Betrand and Pelle to play later (or should that be tomorrow as I haven't been to bed yet! :pac:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Any update on Sanchez? Likely to figure at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Made a rookie mistake,didnt start Sanchez ( who I can't see feature today) ...and have Sammy Amoebi as first sub ...8 pts gone to loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

53(-4). Slight increase in OR.

Giroud (c) and Pelle to play today along with Boyds two points off the bench.

Happy enough really and in wildcard mode now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

No Sanchez will bring 7 off the bench leaving me with 65 with clyne and hutton, more importantly it will scupper a few with Sanchez as captain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Made a rookie mistake,didnt start Sanchez ( who I can't see feature today) ...and have Sammy Amoebi as first sub ...8 pts gone to loss.
    Who did you start ahead of Ameobi and Sanchez then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Disappointed to drop from 15k to 17.4k with 42 points. Quietly confident of climbing back up though - Forster, Bellerin, Sanchez(/Boyd), Pelle, and Giroud(c) to play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

One of the most anticipated team sheets at 1230. Hoping for Sanchez to start or on the bench at the minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FutureGuy wrote: »
    One of the most anticipated team sheets at 1230. Hoping for Sanchez to start or on the bench at the minimum.

Cant see it happening, but him starting would be fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FutureGuy wrote: »

I benched him but so many have decent sub's to come in I'd love a 10m cameo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

C'mon now fellas, be nice. Ye wouldn't deny me those 13 beautiful points coming off my bench with Harry Kane would ye:o:p

C'mon, there has to be some sort of concrete indication by now whether he's in the squad or not, has he been spotted on some corner in North London with his boots around his neck waiting to be picked up and eating a sausage mcmuffin??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

C'mon now fellas, be nice. Ye wouldn't deny me those 13 beautiful points coming off my bench with Harry Kane would ye:o:p

C'mon, there has to be some sort of concrete indication by now whether he's in the squad or not, has he been spotted on some corner in North London with his boots around his neck waiting to be picked up and eating a sausage mcmuffin??

Rumour this morning had it that he was spotted on the Dublin to Athlone train. He's en route to Kiltoom for the Cavan Roscommon game. Big supporter of the Breffni Blues is Alexis.

Still nothing on Twittee re starting line ups.

• Advertisement

A ten minute cameo for Sanchez would be perfect. I benched him too because I highly doubt he'll feature. Such was my certainty that I brought in Puncheon for a -4 to play instead. Shows what I know really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

A ten minute cameo for Sanchez would be perfect. I benched him too because I highly doubt he'll feature. Such was my certainty that I brought in Puncheon for a -4 to play instead. Shows what I know really.

I'd say he'll either start or won't figure at all. If he's being rested it makes no sense to risk him for 10 minutes at the end of a match.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I'd say he'll either start or won't figure at all. If he's being rested it makes no sense to risk him for 10 minutes at the end of a match.

Shush. My bitterness doesn't like sense and reasoning. :pac: He's gonna play for 10 minutes, get one point, and squander all those 8-13 pointers people have sat on their bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Shush. My bitterness doesn't like sense and reasoning. :pac: He's gonna play for 10 minutes, get one point, and squander all those 8-13 pointers people have sat on their bench.

My combination of bitterness plus half my rivals sitting on double figures first subs :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Didn't bench him but got my subs right benching Terry.

Much as I'd love him to feature in some shape or form, lets be realistic, he ain't gonna.

FHFC wrote: »
    Didn't bench him but got my subs right benching Terry.

Much as I'd love him to feature in some shape or form, lets be realistic, he ain't gonna.

I hope you're right. 15 mins to go :pac:

1 min......

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

#Arsenal team to play Aston Villa: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud

#Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Gabriel, Chambers, Flamini, Rosicky, Akpom #AFCvAVFC

#AVFC (v @Arsenal): Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Clark, Richardson, Sanchez, Delph, Cleverley, Weimann, Gil, Benteke. #AVFCLIVE

#AVFC subs (v @Arsenal): Given, Baker, Bacuna, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Westwood, Cissokho. #AVFCLIVE

Arsenal: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud

subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Gabriel, Chambers, Flamini, Rosicky, Akpom

Villa: Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Clark, Richardson, Sanchez, Delph, Cleverley, Weimann, Gil, Benteke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sanchez not in the squad

Arsenal: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud

Villa: Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Clark, Richardson, Sanchez, Delph, Cleverley, Weimann, Gil, Benteke

**** myself for a split second. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Yessss PvA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So close:mad:

One hour to Captain Theo o'clock :D

spock. wrote: »
    Sanchez not in the squad

42 with three to go it is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Captain Giroud (c) here with Cazorla (vc) and Hutton

Ah well....

Just need Cazorla to run riot now, 6 goals too much to ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Boyd comes in with 2 for Sanchez so I'm on 56(-12) with Santi(c) Pelle and Bertrand to play.

1-0 win with Bellerin scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sanchez not in the squad

Wasiiiiiii :D

• Advertisement

1-0 win with Bellerin scoring.

I should have listened to you and stuck with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sanchez not in the squad
    Booooooo!

Seems everyone here has PVA, Wassi or Kane to come in. I get to welcome in Seb Larsson and his 2 points :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I can't believe I was actually really nervous opening up this page there a minute ago, my heart was going a mile a minute. I take this game far too seriously:o

This was the one time when nobody had any business posting up the starting teams, it was all about the squad.
    I hope Alexis enjoys himself in Kiltoom, at least it will put a rainy Monday night in Stoke into perspective for him anyway:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

As Villa fan happy out Sanchez does not play and Kane comes in with 13 points from 1st sub.

Captains armband goes to ADM on 75 now with Santi and Berty to go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Still Not sure whether I'm happy or not..

Arsenal will blitz these & with no Arsenal cover I'm now watching this match through my fingers :(

Sanchez being left out means I'm up from 54 to 74 points with Elia still to play!

Lemlin wrote: »
    I should have listened to you and stuck with him.

I should have listened to you on Eriksen. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Booooooo!

Seems everyone here has PVA, Wassi or Kane to come in. I get to welcome in Seb Larsson and his 2 points :mad:

I'd love your 2 pts, i have Wisdom with his 1 pt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Booooooo!

Not stressing too hard over the kind of people who would have benched Kane this week.

I should have listened to you on Eriksen. :(

You had a Sterling though. Looking at it now I got my WC right but for two moves. Should have gone with Bellerin over Jones and then Sterling over AJ.

I think I'll leave the team as is for next GW and then make two transfers for the midweek matches.

Zouma and Studge in for Pelle and Terry is looking possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Nice !

• Advertisement
Advertisement