Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 23 match day thread

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Up from 21k to 7k yesterday.

Nobody playing today and went down to 14k.

Happy with my team though, and probably won't need a transfer this coming week.

Can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Finished on 82. Happy with that.

Slight regret about taking Kane out but brought in Defoe for him so not too bad.

Took a punt on Di Maria but really not sure if he's a keeper. Any thoughts? Didn't see the united game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Went from 12k to 8k with 79 with my WC team. Highs and lows everywhere -- bringing Rooney in was madness, Bertrand unlucky; Bellerin, PVA and Cazorla runaway successes. But Rooney gets a one week reprieve because of Bertrand. Time to bring in a Chelsea defender for their near-guaranteed 6+ points against Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Down from ~300 overall to ~650 overall with 63 points. Fine, but 4 weeks of red arrows in a row now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just checked a rival in my league. I was worried as they had brought in Cazorla.

They only got 64 points, but for some reason had dropped way back.

Checked their transfers.

10 made, 36 points in hits.

Forgot to hit the WC button.

Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Most disappointing week this season. 50 points, sees me drop down to 1.6k. My team was in decent shape, but played the WC this week. Probably worse off now. I don't think I made any awful decisions, but unfortunately none of them worked out. It was just one of those weeks where nothing worked out - everyone has one at least once a season, and I suppose this was my week. Up until the Southampton game there was a chance my week would be salvaged, but the whole Bertrand situation pretty much encapsulated my week!

Oh well - I still feel my team is in good shape, and there will be no agonising over transfers this week - Bertrand out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Down to 2.2k from 999 yesterday the arsenal game was a nightmare for me. Should be able to bank my transfer this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

68 points

Up 21k to 90k

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rose about 1.5k overall to 12k. A good week and a welcome green arrow. Need to continue my recovery and push back up the rankings!

Up into 8k, but more importantly between 20 - 40 points I gained / extended lead by on rivals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A gameweek rank of 15k brings me from 30k to 13k. Great week all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

71 brings me to 12k overall. Happy enough. Worries for next week include getting Sturridge in. Might hold tight and bank the transfer. In other news I'm watching match of the day now and by jesus villa are awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Stopped 3 weeks of red arrows with 83 points giving me a green arrow and bringing me back up to 162nd in the world, will celebrate with a cup of tea watching the super bowl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Down to 2.2k from 999 yesterday the arsenal game was a nightmare for me. Should be able to bank my transfer this week.

Can't believe I ended the week ahead of ya.

I'm fighting hard to win that captain jonah title back from you. Thank fffff for Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I never complain about 70 points (no hits) but I actually dropped 34 places from 2896 to 2930 in OR:mad:

Won FSA2 h2h by 1 point, though:D

Few question marks over my players but happy with my progress so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

seklly wrote: »
    Stopped 3 weeks of red arrows with 83 points giving me a green arrow and bringing me back up to 162nd in the world, will celebrate with a cup of tea watching the super bowl!

My reign was brief again but I shall be back :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »

I'm fighting hard to win that captain jonah title back from you. Thank fffff for Aguero.

Cue the inevitable two pointer against Hull :pac:. I liked the Pelle punt; Swansea were very negative sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

71 so can't really complain although all my front 7 scored points except pelle my captain..two defeats in the boards champions cup is disappointing but everyone loves an underdog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

91 pts sees me rise 26k to 20k. Highest rank of the season. Also highest GW rank of the season (12,991).

And all that with 4 pts from my regular defence (Foster ; Terry, Berty, Jones). Berty & Jones should have kept their CS so could have been 14-17 pts better. Fortunately PvA whom I started ahead of Sanchez (and a potential 5th bigger gun mid) came to the rescue :). Best second fiddle ever :D.

WC worked great but a few things are bothering me now.
    1. I know it's only 1 game (though there's been the Cup one too) but I may have been carried away by Pulis aura. No saves from Foster is worrying. My original Panti plan is laughing at me now.
    2. Berty 3-games ban considering the cash he's using is annoying to say the least.
    3. Jones has 2 GWs to prove me he's not a Baines/Zab fecker.
    4. ADM has to do better...
    5. Baird...

And there's the temptations...
    1. Bellerin. But who to ditch out of Sanchez, Cazorla & Giroud?
    2. Sturridge back in business.
    3. Sterling immediately proving how benefitial Sturridge is to his FPL returns.
    4. Silva proving me he deserved better than to be cashed in for ADM (especially considering his great Christmas contribution to my team).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

66(-4) sees me down 500 overall to 1.4k. 6 points from my keeper and three defenders killed me. Giroud (c) saved me so can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Scooped 2 monthly prizes in cash leagues for January. Not a fan of monthly prizes in general, but nice to win all the same. Through to round 7 of the FPL cup too means this gw can go down in the success column.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

48 points down 8k to 16k, still onwards and upwards I will see if I can clawback some points this week with the wildcard I should have played last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye bad week for both of us. My capt got 5 pts this wk so that is a huge success the way things had being going for me on that front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Wildcard team with a score of 103. Captained Carzola after juggling it with Giroud for a couple of hours. Moved up 40,000 places from 55,000 to 16,000 and after 4 years playing FF finally had a top 1000 weekly place (930). Clawed back a lot of the ground that I had been losing over the past month.

DC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

80 sees me back into the top 10k (just, 9.8k) up from 15k.

I played my WC on Saturday morning before the deadline - the team I would have played got 64 (-4), so a 20-point swing and I'm happy with the shape the team is in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Happy enough with a 63 considering I slept in past the deadline. However it wasn't disastrous because I was going to transfer out Costa for Aguero which would have meant I wouldn't have started PvA. Panti sitting on the bench was a disaster though :(

Nevertheless, a green arrow is a green arrow and a rise from 83k to 76k isn't to be laughed at. My goal was a Top 100k finish this season anyway so I think I'm definitely on course.

I've taken a -4 this week, so will probably lose yet another game in the FPL Champions Cup, but this should see me kick on long-term!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

74 points sees me move up from 16k overall to about 12.5k.

Very satisfying GW for me, after the last GW's 35 point horror show. A couple of decisions went right for me - Haz (c) was pretty good, got in Walcott as a one week replacement for Boyd before using the wildcard to cover for Sanchez. Obviously, with hindsight, Kane (c) and getting in Cazorla would have been better, but still.

So pretty well-placed to use the WC this week, I've got in Bellerin, Cazorla and Walters to see can I get a couple of 0.1ms out of them, might end up hanging on to one or two of them for the minute anyway. Also seriously considering going for some Liverpool coverage, both in defence and attack. Sturridge looked great on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Unbelievable. 69 actually has me drop back from 2.4k to 2.5k after such a promising Saturday. Cannot be more pissed at Ryan Bertrand though. 10 point swing in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

SantryRed wrote: »
    Cannot be more pissed at Ryan Bertrand though. 10 point swing in 5 minutes.

You can't blame him for the goal! Cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

SantryRed wrote: »
    Unbelievable. 69 actually has me drop back from 2.4k to 2.5k after such a promising Saturday. Cannot be more pissed at Ryan Bertrand though. 10 point swing in 5 minutes.

Similar score (72) and dropped back 35 places to 910 OR.

Not too shocked tbh! Cost myself about 10 points with silly 1 week punts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I finished on 78 points for the gameweek, very happy with that. Gameweek rank of 105k. My 3rd straight green arrow saw me rise from 3k to 2.2k and I also won all my H2Hs which I didn't expect would happen. I've been pretty consistent over the last 14 gameweeks ; I was in 2,400th place in GW10 and am now in 2,200th place with almost two-thirds of the season gone.

@ PaullyD

Meant to ask you, how did Johnson look at the weekend. I didn't even get to see the highlights yet, but was it a promising 2 pointer or a depressing pointer?

I see he had a thumb op, but is expected to be back for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

@ PaullyD

Meant to ask you, how did Johnson look at the weekend. I didn't even get to see the highlights yet, but was it a promising 2 pointer or a depressing pointer?

I see he had a thumb op, but is expected to be back for the weekend.

Sorry mate, literally just saw your PM and the above post now.

Johnson was an annoying one. I don't think any Sunderland fan was expecting Poyet to deviate from the 3-5-2 that was created with the intention of supplying Defoe with more service after just one week, and Johnson was supposed to be central to that. However, I've come to the clear conclusion now that Poyet talks absolute bollocks to the press (he did the same thing ahead of the Fulham game when he spoke about making lots of changes which made me more aware) and won't believe anything he says in interviews/conferences anymore.

He actually played well throughout, especially when he made a lovely run with the ball to assist the assist on the first goal. But the thing is, in that wide position Johnson seems to be the type of player who usually goes on 3-4 week bursts, usually around the turn of the year each season, and then does very little in terms of FPL contributions for ~ 10 weeks. We may have missed that particular boat but I'll be holding him for another couple of gameweeks anyway, mainly just because I want to bank the transfer. I'd replace him if that's the question you're asking, providing you have another target in mind and/or spare transfer. :pac: It was a nice gamble if he had been playing centrally in the 3-5-2, but we know what we're going to get out of him in FPL when he's out wide.

Paully D wrote: »
    Sorry mate, literally just saw your PM and the above post now.

Johnson was an annoying one. I don't think any Sunderland fan was expecting Poyet to deviate from the 3-5-2 that was created with the intention of supplying Defoe with more service after just one week, and Johnson was supposed to be central to that. However, I've come to the clear conclusion now that Poyet talks absolute bollocks to the press (he did the same thing ahead of the Fulham game when he spoke about making lots of changes which made me more aware) and won't believe anything he says in interviews/conferences anymore.

He actually played well throughout, especially when he made a lovely run with the ball to assist the assist on the first goal. But the thing is, in that wide position Johnson seems to be the type of player who usually goes on 3-4 week bursts, usually around the turn of the year each season, and then does very little in terms of FPL contributions for ~ 10 weeks. We may have missed that particular boat but I'll be holding him for another couple of gameweeks anyway, mainly just because I want to bank the transfer. I'd replace him if that's the question you're asking, providing you have another target in mind and/or spare transfer. :pac: It was a nice gamble if he had been playing centrally in the 3-5-2, but we know what we're going to get out of him in FPL when he's out wide.

Cheers, hoped you'd have a better view of where he was positionally, hard to tell from motd but it did seem he was wide most of the time, although in commentary they said he was "revelling in the free role".

Budget is only the 6m to keep cash for Sturridge so I dunno if anybody is worth changing him for in that price range...Puncheon, Walters, Moses....nobody jumping out at me.

Him being doubtful is more of my worry, but I'd also come to the conclusion Poyet is full of sht, given the change in prognosis over the week. I suspect he'll play.

Advertisement