Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Martin567

AnneFrank wrote: »
    and you could be right Russman, but that's the beauty of it, noone really knows it'll be exciting to watch. he did bomb a few down the fairway yesterday and can easily still hit 300 yards so that's plenty. The new driver makes it even more interesting. I don't expect much for a few months and i wonder how many events he will actually play, but really for the overall game i think it's great he's back i just hope his back holds up.

It won't be exciting if we're watching every shot Tiger plays while struggling to make cuts at the expense of those players at the top of the leaderboard.

That won't be exciting at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

100% fairways hit so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

He has hit 2 chips thus far today and each one has been top drawer! He is also getting the ball out there too... out driving Reed (mind you... not always in the fairway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭luvthegame

I'm watching on golf channel, irons good, driving he is still swiping at it compared to the range videos we've seen recently. Putting good. He has had two tight lie chips and both within 3feet. He's back.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Oh yeeehhh baby, this is really it ! The sporting event of the year is unfolding RIGHT NOW. God, the sporting world has been the poorer without him. There is no limit to the heights he can reach, and show the world what it has been missing.
    All time legend of sport doing his stuff. Man, its good to be alive.

-2 now after a VERY good flop shop on the 6th. His game really does look good apart from a few loose drives.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/804388758304878592

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

He's burning it up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads, he's back!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Some shot on the par 3.

Seeing this is great. Showed a shot of Spieth, now there's a guy I don't like.

Although this "event" is a bit of a joke!

Yep - he's done. Move over and move on Tiger and give up.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/804392323895345152

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

luvthegame wrote: »
    I'm watching on golf channel, irons good, driving he is still swiping at it compared to the range videos we've seen recently. Putting good. He has had two tight lie chips and both within 3feet. He's back.

Calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

HighLine wrote: »
    Yep - he's done. Move over and move on Tiger and give up.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/804392323895345152

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Nice drive on 9 😄

Cost him bogey, let's see how he reacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Poor chip costs him a bogey, chipping yips he's finished

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hmmm poor putt on 10 but still makes par.

Pundits on the cream pies shankfest.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm beside myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

It's all unraveling now, expect a WD coming up tomorrow!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Couldn't careless if he never wins again or not but I just hope we get don't get wall to wall coverage of him when he's not in contention when we don't see the battle at the top.

On a side note world ranking for this tournament is a joke. Basically a group of pros topping up their ranking points. Shouldn't be any

46 points for first and a couple for just walking 4 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Trampas wrote: »
    Couldn't careless if he never wins again or not but I just hope we get don't get wall to wall coverage of him when he's not in contention when we don't see the battle at the top.

On a side note world ranking for this tournament is a joke. Basically a group of pros topping up their ranking points. Shouldn't be any

Yeah it's so unfair, only the players who have played well all year and/or are highly ranked get to take advantage this opportunity.

Trampas wrote: »

Tiger is in the building though. Well worth those points. He just elevates the tournament to a different level all on his own whatever the level of the rest of the field. The normal rules just dont apply when he is around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Tiger is in the building though. Well worth those points. He just elevates the tournament to a different level all on his own whatever the level of the rest of the field. The normal rules just dont apply when he is around.

Him playing doesn't increase the world ranking points. The nedbank use to be same. Pure let's boost our rankings tournament on a birdie feast course

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

It's all unraveling now, expect a WD coming up tomorrow!.

Enough trolling. Either add to the thread or stop posting in it. You will not be getting another warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

You'd swear he was the end all and be all of golf. Pity there wasn't the strength in depth on Tour back then as there is now. The normal broadcasting rules definitely go out the window alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Starting to get a bit raged now. Still a pretty positive day.

You'd swear he was the end all and be all of golf. Pity there wasn't the strength in depth on Tour back then as there is now. The normal broadcasting rules definitely go out the window alright.

There was strength in depth - from number two down. But Tiger just blowing the rest of them away in his pomp made it seem on the surface as if there werent.

And so they should. Tiger is not normal broadcasting material. He is a sporting phenomenon that come along once in decades, making watching him consult the yardage chart an event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭luvthegame

There was strength in depth - from number two down. But Tiger just blowing the rest of them away in his pomp made it seem on the surface as if there werent.

And so they should. Tiger is not normal broadcasting material. He is a sporting phenomenon that come along once in decades, making watching him consult the yardage chart an event.

Jaysus give it a rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

As much as I want to see the best golf being shown in the coverage, I still can't resist watching every shot of woods. As long as he isn't down at +10 and they still keep focus on him, then I'm OK with it.

And jesus the golf channel is brutal for adverts.

Advertisement