Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Great round by Woods today, a lot of lads in here will be pulling themselves asunder😂😂😂😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Driving is still a bit off and course is friendly enough let's all be honest.

No pressure this week to make cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭luvthegame

Thank God for the Ignore option

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

luvthegame wrote:
    Thank God for the Ignore option

Ah its just kids having fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Fair play, cracking round that.

As I say though, this is a low-rent exhibition tournament on a very forgiving course.

His round was good but everyone is shooting in the 60's.

It's good to see him in good touch though, a far cry from where he was in his few most recent tournaments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I was delighted to watch him today. If he is still in good shape come Sunday night, I think it bodes well, but today was only one round.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

wheres-your-messiah-now-thumb.jpg

1024x534.7096774193549__origin__0x166_Tiger_Woods-610x356.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

He's done brilliant so far considering how long he was out for. I thought he'd struggle which would've been understandable. Delighted for him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

His distance control and putting were most impressive

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

NDWC wrote:
    He's done brilliant so far considering how long he was out for. I thought he'd struggle which would've been understandable. Delighted for him.

I'd say the top players are delighted he's back. The hype will bring a nice boost in revenue but no real threat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

First Up wrote: »
    I'd say the top players are delighted he's back. The hype will bring a nice boost in revenue but no real threat.

You don't think he'll win again?

Tilikum wrote:
    You don't think he'll win again?

Of course its possible but I don't see him being a significant force.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

000d4070-614.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Really great to see the contrast in his mental approach in the first two rounds, I think it shows he head is in the right place and he's ready to face the challenges ahead.
    While perhaps it's still too early to tell, I think all indicators point towards a Tiger who is ready to graft like a rookie and is hungry again for success.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Halfprice

For Tiger it was a matter of getting himself right and able to play pain free. If he can continue playing pain free for a few years anyway i think he can get back to his best. He'll have the hunger for it as he has been off so long. His driving was never the best anyway and he still managed to be at the top. His putting and short game was unreal and we've seen glimpses of that the last 2days.

Halfprice wrote:
    For Tiger it was a matter of getting himself right and able to play pain free. If he can continue playing pain free for a few years anyway i think he can get back to his best. He'll have the hunger for it as he has been off so long. His driving was never the best anyway and he still managed to be at the top. His putting and short game was unreal and we've seen glimpses of that the last 2days.

We'll see. Its a big ask to manage a damaged body while competing at the sharp end - and deal with the pressure of expectations.

His short game was looking pretty wretched under pressure before his last injury so the mental side is on test too.

A resort course jolly in BAH is a nice gentle re-introduction but lets see how he gets on when it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

If Woods is back mentally (which I feel he's getting there) he'll start winning again. And Majors as well.
    I certainly hope he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Tiger opens up with 3 birdies to start. Conditions look a lot more trickier today with the wind.

Is it just me or does he look to gingerly pick up his tee after each tee shot as if there is still some pain there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

HighLine wrote: »
    Tiger opens up with 3 birdies to start. Conditions look a lot more trickier today with the wind.

Is it just me or does he look to gingerly pick up his tee after each tee shot as if there is still some pain there?

He looks stiff walking around. Maybe he's just guarding his back but he definitely looks a bit strange walking and bending to me

And a holed bunker shot now haha

Imagine how good he will be when he loosens up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

My mind is blown anyway.

There is simply no explaining this guy in the current understandings of philosophy or science. The known rules just dont apply. It is the mind of man bending the fabric of space and time, giving us a glimpse of a universe beyond the one we comprehend. I can give all the doubters a pass on having misread this one. It is a perfectly understandable mistake to have made. But man has he opened eyes this weekend.

4 under after 8. Phuque me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭Russman

My mind is blown anyway.

There is simply no explaining this guy in the current understandings of philosophy or science. The known rules just dont apply. It is the mind of man bending the fabric of space and time, giving us a glimpse of a universe beyond the one we comprehend. I can give all the doubters a pass on having misread this one. It is a perfectly understandable mistake to have made. But man has he opened eyes this weekend.

Or it could be a good player playing well on a wide open resort course........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Great to see him smile and playing .

Course is a shocker .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Great to see him smile and playing .

Course is a shocker .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My mind is blown anyway.

Your trolling is tiresome, it stops now or you get a break from this place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Russman wrote: »
    Or it could be a good player playing well on a wide open resort course........

Its so much more than that though. So much more.
    The bigger picture is a Nietzschean struggle of Tiger the Dominator, the burst on the scene, the Tiger Slam, the relentless statistics defying win rate, the records, the injuries, the Torrey Pines on a broken leg, the Nave SEALs, the cocktail waitresses, the Father Issues, the Escalade, the fall into the black abyss, the chipping yips, the chunking three pitching wedges in a row into the drink......then a rebuilt, the iron will, the rebuilding of the ubermensch.
    A good player player well on a wide open resort course is like saying Michelangelo redecorated a church ceiling.
    So much more. So much more.

Rickie Fowlers Olympic Rings tattoo is extremely embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

ForeRight wrote:
    Rickie Fowlers Olympic Rings tattoo is extremely embarrassing

Ah the youth of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

If Carlsberg did posts Mr Lucretia is the man or woman, so good or bad you gotta read them twice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Back to the golf thanks

Advertisement