Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I've always associated TaylorMade as being the top dogs in the Driver and fairway woods market, and a reasonably strong competitor in the irons, but primarily for amateurs.

A lot of the tour pro's seem to like Titleist blades?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Russman wrote: »
    Wonder will Tiger be able to resist keeping up with the lads off the tee.......for his back's sake I hope so.

Seems like he won't be trying to do so from this interview. That might change a few holes in tomorrow however.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/824362937607352320

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Driving it well so far but missed a lot of iron shots to the right.

Still +1 through 7 holes so short game is pretty sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I know he is only back - but at the moment - Tiger not looking a top level player.

Day playing a different game

Tiger can't hit a green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Poor bastard had to wait 523 days for that birdie

• Advertisement

Poor bastard had to wait 523 days for that birdie

And then a second one comes along. He will be very happy with his score so far anyway

And then a second one comes along. He will be very happy with his score so far anyway

He has improved - was hitting it very far right early on.

As in missing greens from 8 irons in.

It is of course more important to spit in disgust than to shout fore. Didn't miss that part of his game.

Noticed he didn't shout fore earlier

Does the pga tour have the same rule now as the European tour where you definitely have to shout fore???

Insane chip from phil and his skill on the tee box where he flicked the tee up into his hand was pretty cool too. Must try that one!!!!

• Advertisement

Does the pga tour have the same rule now as the European tour where you definitely have to shout fore???

Well he is just after hitting a guy on the neck with the last drive. PGA Tour aren't interested in players not shouting fore unfortunately.

Unlucky with that par putt but his play the last three holes has been very poor. Wayward off the tee and poor recovery shots.

Needs to try get into the clubhouse with no more dropped shots

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

+4 through 16. T134 of a current field of 155.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

+5 through 17. T138

Finished 4 over for his round. Was all going pretty well after 11 holes but then he just got wayward off the tee and the rough at the south course was extremely penal.
    See if he can do better tomorrow on the easier course. If he gets it back to level, he will have done well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I didn't get to see any of it, any signs of back pain ? how did his driving distance match up DJ and JD

AnneFrank wrote: »
    I didn't get to see any of it, any signs of back pain ? how did his driving distance match up DJ and JD

Didn't notice anything with injury anyway and he was in the thick wet rough a lot. It's a long golf course too at 7400 yards so was a good test of his stamina.
    Certainly was behind the two lads and the main one where they all hit the fairway, the two lads carried him by about 20 yards.

Coverage starts earlier tonight at 5.

Didn't notice anything with injury anyway and he was in the thick wet rough a lot. It's a long golf course too at 7400 yards so was a good test of his stamina.
    Certainly was behind the two lads and the main one where they all hit the fairway, the two lads carried him by about 20 yards.

Coverage starts earlier tonight at 5.

Thanks Lucky, considering they are two of the biggest hitters on tour that's not bad at all, looking forward to it later now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭bren2001

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Thanks Lucky, considering they are two of the biggest hitters on tour that's not bad at all, looking forward to it later now

I think they average driving distance was 286 and he was 291. Being 20 behind is about where you'd expect him to be. His distance was fine, his direction wasn't.

you can fix direction, it's very hard to add yardage.For me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

He's long enough, he's just not sharp enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

anyone know what time his tee off time is on 2nd round?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

redarmy wrote: »
    anyone know what time his tee off time is on 2nd round?

5:30
    Live on SS 4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Don't thinks it on ss4 til 8 tonight

Birdie start anyway. Very windy so another tough test for him. I'd imagine if he gets back to level par he will certainly make the cut. Big ask though.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

No its on ss4 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭tritriagain

No its on ss4 right now

Ok sorry my listings wrong so

I know it is great Tiger is back and all that.

But there is only so much of a lad struggling to make par you can watch.

Yes, I know that is a fairly short attention span - I don't watch pro golf to see a lad making par and being in 128 th.

Early days - but no need to keep watching.

Not helping that Dustin and Jay don't look themselves either. Early season.

I know it is great Tiger is back and all that.

But there is only so much of a lad struggling to make par you can watch.

Yes, I know that is a fairly short attention span - I don't watch pro golf to see a lad making par and being in 128 th.

Early days - but no need to keep watching.

Not helping that Dustin and Jay don't look themselves either. Early season.

It's just featured group coverage until 8pm. And Tiger is probably not going to be around for the weekend which is probably good news to all the spectators who are lining the fairways and are not wearing helmets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

HighLine wrote:
    It's just featured group coverage until 8pm. And Tiger is probably not going to be around for the weekend which is probably good news to all the spectators who are lining the fairways and are not wearing helmets.

Not to mention those of us who want to watch the golf tournament.

Advertisement