Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

ForeRight wrote: »
    They did more than make him slump over and have a nap in his car it seems. He had fresh damage on the car and 2 flat tyres.

Good job they have dash cam, Joe Soap wouldn't have access to the lawyers nor PR firm that Mr Woods has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

They shouldn't release the footage. It's not public interest and it's surely poor form by the cops.

To imagine Brandel Chamble wading in on this is sickening, that guy is not a good guy.

There is discuss and share for the sake of avoiding chinese whispers but there is overkill and we're approaching overkill.

ligerdub wrote: »
    They shouldn't release the footage. It's not public interest and it's surely poor form by the cops.

To imagine Brandel Chamble wading in on this is sickening, that guy is not a good guy.

There is discuss and share for the sake of avoiding chinese whispers but there is overkill and we're approaching overkill.

While I agree it is sensationalist and would not be in the public domain if the person arrested was not famous, the flip side is also true, if it wasn't in the public domain or if a video didn't exist, no doubt every attempt would be being made to cover it up and prevent a it going any further. I think this is a case of what goes around comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

davo10 wrote:
    While I agree it is sensationalist and would not be in the public domain if the person arrested was not famous, the flip side is also true, if it wasn't in the public domain or if a video didn't exist, no doubt every attempt would be being made to cover it up and prevent a it going any further. I think this is a case of what goes around comes around.

Perhaps. It's a matter of opinion I suppose anyway. It's a bit voyeuristic though IMO and I think in cases where people are caught at their worst then discretion is probably for the best. It's a bit like when Gazza is snapped when his dressing gown becomes undone.

ligerdub wrote: »
    Perhaps. It's a matter of opinion I suppose anyway. It's a bit voyeuristic though IMO and I think in cases where people are caught at their worst then discretion is probably for the best. It's a bit like when Gazza is snapped when his dressing gown becomes undone.

If it was him sitting in a bar passed out it would be a human interest story, the fact that he's passed out in a car with burst tyres and damage makes it a bit more salacious, and reckless.

Either way it's a sad decline of an icon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

davo10 wrote: »
    If it was him sitting in a bar passed out it would be a human interest story, the fact that he's passed out in a car with burst tyres and damage makes it a bit more salacious, and reckless.

Either way it's a sad decline of an icon.

the decline happened years and years ago, the guy has had fusion surgery on his back, it's not like a torn hammy.
    What sort of damage did the car have i didn't see that ? Did he crash ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

AnneFrank wrote: »
    the decline happened years and years ago, the guy has had fusion surgery on his back, it's not like a torn hammy.
    What sort of damage did the car have i didn't see that ? Did he crash ?

Last nights reports said he had 2 flats and fresh damage on the car while asleep in the car with no recollection of where he was or how he got there. They also said dash cam footage would be released today.

jesus didn't realize it was that bad, hope he's not a prescription med junkie, nice to see big Jack come out in support of him though, i hope he's not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

jesus didn't realize it was that bad, hope he's not a prescription med junkie, nice to see big Jack come out in support of him though, i hope he's not the only one

Are they fishing buddies? ;)

34875956741_04fb537d07_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Police Report is out and he had 0.000 on the breathalyzer test. Was a prescription drug issue.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Police Report is out and he had 0.000 on the breathalyzer test. Was a prescription drug issue.

Any more breaking news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Right children listen to the teacher when she speaks.

You got shares in Nike or something?

What the **** has shares in Nike got to do with it :rolleyes:

As my post states people calling him a sub par human need to cop on and get a bit of perspective. Great selective quoting though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Alright kids, less of the speculation & nonsense posts please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

As my post states people calling him a sub par human need to cop on and get a bit of perspective. Great selective quoting though.

It's a discussion forum, telling lads to cop on because their opinion differs from yours is just silly. If he's actually human, then the ire in your post would be understandable though.

It's a discussion forum, telling lads to cop on because their opinion differs from yours is just silly. If he's actually human, then the ire in your post would be understandable though.

Yes Andy it's a discussion board and as stated he had consenting sex with adults while married, not exactly great moral behaviour but no law was broken. It appears he's a prescription painkillers issue and was arrested for a DUI. He will be punished accordingly but it's not like he walked into a concert and blew up a load of kids.
    Some opinions are wrong whether you are entitled to express them or not.

As I said some people need some ****ing perspective running around with sub par human sh1te. That's the silly part and not me telling them to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Halfprice

Since it was confirmed that it wasnt drink, if he had a reaction to the pills he was on im sure any doctor would of warned him that they will make him drowsy etc.. and not to drive. He so high profile that he cant do anything without every piece of his life been watch and people waiting to pounce, he knows this better than anyone and should be bit more cautious in my opinion. Again he human and we all make mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

As I said some people need some ****ing perspective running around with sub par human sh1te. That's the silly part and not me telling them to cop on.

You're wrong. Cop on.

Both ok in your book, not mine.

At least he didn't pack a bomb and walk into a crowded public place. Just got behind the wheel of a potential killing machine while out of it on prescribed drugs.
    At least the cops confirmed he was confused but cooperative.
    Asleep and slurred.

Indefensible.

Videos

https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.tmz.com/2017/05/31/tiger-woods-dui-arrest-dash-cam-video

Completely out of it. Thankfully didn't cause a serious or fatal accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

The video footage is a disgrace and should not have been released to the public. At the very least, certainly not pre-trial or plea deal. There can be no justification for the public needing to see it.

HighLine wrote: »
    The video footage is a disgrace and should not have been released to the public. At the very least, certainly not pre-trial or plea deal. There can be no justification for the public needing to see it.

i totally agree, i saw it this morning, the cop totally humiliated him aswell.

• Advertisement

i totally agree, i saw it this morning, the cop totally humiliated him aswell.

I disagree, you are already judging the cop for doing his job, the cop gave him loads of opportunities to prove he wasn't DUI, he could have slapped the cuffs on after the "follow the light" test.

With this out, there can be no spin, no way to attack the cop (even though you've already accused him of "humiliating" him) and it sets an example to others, law enforcement don't care who you are, if you DUI then you have to accept the consequences.

Americans like the "purp walk", if you are high profile or your crime is high profile, then you take your medicine in the full glare of the media. Tiger is by no means the first celebrity to have his mugshot/video made available, so he shouldn't expect any special treatment.

ah davo to be fair, you'd disagree with yourself.
    You should prescribe yourself some valium,

ah davo to be fair, you'd disagree with yourself.
    You should prescribe yourself some valium,

Can't, playing golf later and have to drive to club.

I only disagree with people I disagree with, type in "celebrity mugshots" into Google, Tiger looks good compared to most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Just because there is other 'celebrities' humiliated doesn't make it right. Such a strange logic you have

Tiger should have said he pulled in after feeling faint at the wheel. Pretend he was having a mini stroke of sorts and got an ambulance. Having no alcohol in his system hospital bloods would show that too either way and he would have been in the news with everyone hoping he was ok instead of this.
    I know he wasnt thinking logically at the time but believe me that's the route a lot go down when pulled in over here when dui. Garda have to call an ambulance for a medical emergency.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

There is no problem discussing Tiger and this issue but lots of the posts here have gone way off topic so back on track please.

ForeRight wrote: »
    Tiger should have said he pulled in after feeling faint at the wheel. Pretend he was having a mini stroke of sorts and got an ambulance. Having no alcohol in his system hospital bloods would show that too either way and he would have been in the news with everyone hoping he was ok instead of this.
    I know he wasnt thinking logically at the time but believe me that's the route a lot go down when pulled in over here when dui. Garda have to call an ambulance for a medical emergency.

So should be have done the same thing if the police found a serious accident instead of tigers car running in the middle of the road?
    Crazy suggestion.

Tiger woods is undoubtedly very familiar with heavy-duty painkillers with all the back and other injuries he's had.

The question has to be raised whether he's too familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wow just watched the video, so so sad.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

You're wrong. Cop on.

Both ok in your book, not mine.

At least he didn't pack a bomb and walk into a crowded public place. Just got behind the wheel of a potential killing machine while out of it on prescribed drugs.
    At least the cops confirmed he was confused but cooperative.
    Asleep and slurred.

Indefensible.

So again You have missed the point. No where have I defended him. My issue is with the use of the term sub par human, especially with the connotations associated with it. Do you think acceptable to call him a sub par human, especially with the racial connotations, over this and a few consensual sexual encounters that you disagree morally?

Also no one was injured, nor did he intentionally set out to injure anyone. The two examples are not compatible in the slightest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

If you are willing to get into a car and drive in that condition don't expect to be treated with kid gloves. He was clearly out of it and driving. He could have crashed into another driver. Its clear he damaged his car. I have no problem with the footage being broadcast.

Advertisement