Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

glasso wrote: »
    So should be have done the same thing if the police found a serious accident instead of tigers car running in the middle of the road?
    Crazy suggestion.

Tiger woods is undoubtedly very familiar with heavy-duty painkillers with all the back and other injuries he's had.

The question has to be raised whether he's too familiar.

I'm simply saying that is what happens regular in these situations to avoid arrest. I've seen it in Dublin regular.

I wouldn't drive under the influence of anything, never have never will. Not even one pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

So again You have missed the point. No where have I defended him. My issue is with the use of the term sub par human, especially with the connotations associated with it. Do you think acceptable to call him a sub par human, especially with the racial connotations, over this and a few consensual sexual encounters that you disagree morally?

Ditto in regard to missing the point, my argument has always been your attitude to opinions which have differed to yours. Yet you try make it about the "sub-human" reference, to which I have never once debated.
    And now you bring his race into it, which has never once been mentioned. Bizarre. And laughable.

Also no one was injured, nor did he intentionally set out to injure anyone. The two examples are not compatible in the slightest.

You were the one said he didn't walk into a concert with a bomb strapped to himself:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

It appears that he has put on alot of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

In these circumstances in the US, is it normal practice to release mug-shots and dash-cam videos of suspects? Or has Tiger been treated differently? I am curious, because all people have the right of presumption of innocence until proven otherwise? 
    It's clear that Tiger was not fit to drive, but does releasing the picture and video not potentially prejudice the case against him?

Enigma IE wrote: »
    In these circumstances in the US, is it normal practice to release mug-shots and dash-cam videos of suspects? Or has Tiger been treated differently? I am curious, because all people have the right of presumption of innocence until proven otherwise? 
    It's clear that Tiger was not fit to drive, but does releasing the picture and video not potentially prejudice the case against him?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37440114

(covers body cam as well as dash-cam)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37440114

(covers body cam as well as dash-cam)
      [font=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Cheers for that. On that basis, I don't see any good reason as to why they would release the dash-cam coverage for any other reason than to satisfy the public and media frenzy. [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Ditto in regard to missing the point, my argument has always been your attitude to opinions which have differed to yours. Yet you try make it about the "sub-human" reference, to which I have never once debated.
      And now you bring his race into it, which has never once been mentioned. Bizarre. And laughable.

But again my original post was about the sub human reference but you decide to ignore that and debate on what?

The cop on was not even aimed at you but you be took offence and chose to ignore the vast majority http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103664096&postcount=1078

What is your opinion, do you think he is sub human? Do you think his crime, cheating on his wife and not being as likeable as Phil equates to the others I listed? Also do you understand the concept on intent?

Also we all know plenty of people convicted of drink driving? Do you equate their crime with being sub par humans?

[font=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Cheers for that. On that basis, I don't see any good reason as to why they would release the dash-cam coverage for any other reason than to satisfy the public and media frenzy. [/font]

well another reason would be for the police to show that they did handle things with normal procedure in this case.
        that's the flip side of a celebrity being involved with the police - the police are under more pressure also where the world's media is going to be zooming in on what happened.

that article says that policies vary across the states in the US. it doesn't specify what the case in Florida is.

But again my original post was about the sub human reference but you decide to ignore that and debate on what?

The cop on was not even aimed at you but you be took offence and chose to ignore the vast majority http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103664096&postcount=1078

What is your opinion, do you think he is sub human? Do you think his crime, cheating on his wife and not being as likeable as Phil equates to the others I listed? Also do you understand the concept on intent?

Also we all know plenty of people convicted of drink driving? Do you equate their crime with being sub par humans?

I'm debating your "cop on" advice and the tone you inferred, not the sub-human reference you keep regurgitating.
        Can you understand that clear and simple?
        Stop asking me whether I think he's sub human or not, I'm not debating that.

Shift the goalposts again if you like, it's ridiculous and childish. Someone baited you, you fell for it and refuse to admit it.
        And it wasn't me who baited you just so you know.

/out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭bustercherry

I'm debating your "cop on" advice and the tone you inferred, not the sub-human reference you keep regurgitating.
        Can you understand that clear and simple?
        Stop asking me whether I think he's sub human or not, I'm not debating that.

Shift the goalposts again if you like, it's ridiculous and childish. Someone baited you, you fell for it and refuse to admit it.
        And it wasn't me who baited you just so you know.

/out.

No one bated me. I pointed out people calling him sub par human should cop on. Especially as it's inferred He's a sub par human because they don't like him rather than any crime he has yet to be convicted off.

You can't accept that and keep inoring it, especially trying to deflect by calling me childish. The goal posts never shifted, you just chose to selectively read what you wanted and ignored the actual context. You tried to be smart and got owned, purely because you embarassly didn't read the full post.

• Advertisement
      • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tyson Fury wrote: »
        Wow just watched the video, so so sad.

Agreed. It's uncomfortable viewing certainly.

I've no idea why Florida police publish these things, but they do and it's in the public realm now.

People will have differing opinions and that's fair enough. I'm not sure is a conflicting opinion ever "wrong" though - it just doesn't tally with your own.

My own opinion is that Wood's erred in judgement. He'd have been told not to drive whilst on heavy doses of powerful meds (although if his blood tests come back showing anything else but those he'll be in even more serious trouble).

He famously said after his marriage disintegrated "I stopped living according to my core values. I knew what I was doing was wrong but thought only about myself and thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to."

I'm not sure he has learned from his many mistakes at all.

You can't accept that and keep inoring it, especially trying to deflect by calling me childish. The goal posts never shifted, you just chose to selectively read what you wanted and ignored the actual context. You tried to be smart and got owned, purely because you embarassly didn't read the full post.

I never once called you anything;-)

Its embarrassingly obvious. Embarrassingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I really can't see this as being a case of a simple bad reaction to his meds. This guy's world has fallen from under him. It's very sad to see. I think he has struggled with calling it a day which he should have done a while ago, struggled with not being the man he once was... I would look at this as a cry for help rather than a bad reaction to his medication.

Hope he gets back on track if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I don't know. You all seem to be overreacting one way or the other.

The guy is struggling both with health and also with self purpose. He's laid up too. So he's probably not in the best of form. Even Tiger Woods is just a guy after all.

So he has a late night with the lads smoking stuff playing the playstation or whatever.

He shouldn't have been driving. And he'll get a fine or a suspension for it. But it hardly makes him the anti christ. Or a sub par human being. Or a fella who is in a bad way.

I mean people need to put things into perspective. I wonder how many of you if they got stopped for some random alcohol test by the road side would fancy seeing themselves on the web the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Nike Shorts
        Nike Top
        Nike Hat

At least he was flying the colours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Seve OB wrote: »
        Nike Shorts
        Nike Top
        Nike Hat

I bet they were thrilled about that.

Nike Shorts
        Nike Top
        Nike Hat

there is a meme for that.

woods_meme_5_0.jpg?itok=I0YXmymi

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nike Shorts
        Nike Top
        Nike Hat

Looks more like a skort tbh.

p.s. Nike skort sales to rocket next week :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Nike. Just DUI it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

A few different ways to look at this:

1) He took meds, but no alcohol. It was also late. He was courteous, cooperative and did not evade questioning or arrest. It is possible that he took the meds and then set off and then was hit by an unexpected impact of the meds while driving, one that he had not experienced before, and perhaps may not have expected.

2) He knew what he was doing, it was clearly dangerous and his behaviour was deeply irresponsible. It's noted that some of the materials found were out of production and unapproved (not my words) items. Did he have an opioid in the mix there?

One is a mistake, understandable and could happen to anybody, the other is not quite the same. I've not see no he footage but I don't think it would reveal one or the other.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

ligerdub wrote: »
        A few different ways to look at this:

1) He took meds, but no alcohol. It was also late. He was courteous, cooperative and did not evade questioning or arrest. It is possible that he took the meds and then set off and then was hit by an unexpected impact of the meds while driving, one that he had not experienced before, and perhaps may not have expected.

2) He knew what he was doing, it was clearly dangerous and his behaviour was deeply irresponsible. It's noted that some of the materials found were out of production and unapproved (not my words) items. Did he have an opioid in the mix there?

One is a mistake, understandable and could happen to anybody, the other is not quite the same. I've not see no he footage but I don't think it would reveal one or the other.

Really? Have you seen the video? He's legless. I just find the first "unexpected reaction" explanation bizarre at best and pretty unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I think the releasing of the dash is bad form. It would not happen in normal circumstances I would say and only if there was allegation which there has been none as Tiger put up his hands. I do not take they did it to show all was above board.

Now at the moment all we know is that he was found asleep in his car that was badly banged up. For all we know it could be a bad reaction to his medication. Maybe he is on new painkillers or if he is on multiple medication they could have reacted in a bad way. I know people have said here a doctor will tell you some side effects which is true but i bet if you look at any medication you have and read the leaflet with it the piece on side effects will be at least 80% longer than what most if not all doctors will tell you.

So it is possible that when he got in the car it was good and then suddenly something happened. I remember once I was driving from Limerick to Galway I was fine starting off but as I was reaching Ennis a suddenly got a blinding headache where my vision nearly went. Luckily I was going slow at the time. It just came on me with no warning and if I was going fast or loads of traffic anything could happen

But hey its cool to kick Tiger when he is down so lets speculate. However if it turns out he did go in his car while he knew he was high on his medication then I will freely admit I was wrong

I think the releasing of the dash is bad form. It would not happen in normal circumstances I would say and only if there was allegation which there has been none as Tiger put up his hands. I do not take they did it to show all was above board.

Now at the moment all we know is that he was found asleep in his car that was badly banged up. For all we know it could be a bad reaction to his medication. Maybe he is on new painkillers or if he is on multiple medication they could have reacted in a bad way. I know people have said here a doctor will tell you some side effects which is true but i bet if you look at any medication you have and read the leaflet with it the piece on side effects will be at least 80% longer than what most if not all doctors will tell you.

So it is possible that when he got in the car it was good and then suddenly something happened. I remember once I was driving from Limerick to Galway I was fine starting off but as I was reaching Ennis a suddenly got a blinding headache where my vision nearly went. Luckily I was going slow at the time. It just came on me with no warning and if I was going fast or loads of traffic anything could happen

But hey its cool to kick Tiger when he is down so lets speculate. However if it turns out he did go in his car while he knew he was high on his medication then I will freely admit I was wrong

Dash cam publication is how they do it in Florida - if they singled him out you might have a point.

p.s. Your post is nearly totally speculative, which is ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

WHIP IT! wrote: »
        Really? Have you seen the video? He's legless. I just find the first "unexpected reaction" explanation bizarre at best and pretty unbelievable.

I'm not pinning my colours to the mast on it. I don't know how he ended up in such a state (in terms of intent), and it's obviously a dreadful state. Having said that it is possible that he simply did have a bad reaction to his new post surgery medication and one he completely underestimated. Bear in mind I understand he only had his last surgery very recently. Going from lucid to completely oblivious and vacant can happen very quickly in certain circumstances.

I can only assume the doctors would have warned him of this so it's true he should have known better, but it is at least possible.

Again, I'm not saying this is what happened, and if one goes back over the pages I was taking heat from people for going too hard on him! We know the end result, and we know what caused it. What I do know is if this was standard dosage and if it was accidental, deliberate, and if it could have been understandable for him to end up in such a manner accidentally.

WHIP IT! wrote: »

can happen seen it and experienced a blinding headache that just happened to me when driving no warning. Mine was not because of medication but can happen with medication.

Dash cam publication is how they do it in Florida - if they singled him out you might have a point.

p.s. Your post is nearly totally speculative, which is ironic.

My posy is speculative but that is what I meant it to me I have not made any facts or made any judgement against Tiger which many have. Which is why I said if it turns out to be true that he drove while high I be on here and hold my hands up how many on here who are condemning him for doing something knowingly will come on here to hold there hands up and admit it?

I did not know that how they did it in Florida. Thanks for the info

My posy is speculative but that is what I meant it to me I have not made any facts or made any judgement against Tiger which many have. Which is why I said if it turns out to be true that he drove while high I be on here and hold my hands up how many on here who are condemning him for doing something knowingly will come on here to hold there hands up and admit it?

I did not know that how they did it in Florida. Thanks for the info

DUI is driving under the influence, accidental or not.
        It's not as if someone spiked his diet coke with a load of vicodin tablets.

He'll take a plea deal to a lesser charge of reckless driving most likely apparently.

DUI is driving under the influence, accidental or not.
        It's not as if someone spiked his diet coke with a load of vicodin tablets.

He'll take a plea deal to a lesser charge of reckless driving most likely apparently.

What I meant and I did not make myself clear was the reason. Of course nobody spiked his coke all I am saying is the reason for been loopy could be very innocent and unforeseen. Rather then people thinking he did it because he thinks he can as he is Tiger Woods.

What I meant and I did not make myself clear was the reason. Of course nobody spiked his coke all I am saying is the reason for been loopy could be very innocent and unforeseen. Rather then people thinking he did it because he thinks he can as he is Tiger Woods.

we will never know that will we to be honest?

I think it's yet another resulting symptom of his general mental state.
        He is the poster picture of someone loaded ($750mn) who is not happy.
        He was THE MAN amongst his golf peers and on top of the golfing world and his whole personal ego was based on that.
        He was also no doubt under pressure to have the image of the family man etc so that the huge sponsorship deals would roll in and with all the adviser leeches around him.
        But all that was a fake.
        Now he doesn't know what to do with himself with his golf powers gone as he has no meaning.
        I don't like him as a person as I don't think that he's a good guy but would actually like some sort of fairytale comeback, however brief and see him compete and win something, even get another major.
        But I don't see that happening.
        I do hope that he sorts himself out with some new meaning beyond golf - find a new cause in the charitable world or developing underprivileged kids in sport (probably not going to work in golf for many reasons such as access) or whatever.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Tyson Fury wrote:
        Wow just watched the video, so so sad.

Lol yeah a real tragedy...

Advertisement