Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

slave1 wrote: »
    and his approach to birdie putt length

is it on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

is it on tv

Yep on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

On a side note - what's the deal with Mark Roe's hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

They concentrate on Woods par and fist pump and would not even show Justin Thomas putting out for birdie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

They concentrate on Woods par and fist pump and would not even show Justin Thomas putting out for birdie.

Would you have been watching right now if it wasn't for the Tiger hype? Probably not.... they are showing what people want to see.

• Advertisement

I know US coverage is brutal for that.

But in fairness, this situation is totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

On a side note - what's the deal with Mark Roe's hair?

He bad it blow-dried just before transmission started!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Not holding back anyway. Ripping the driver and the recoil too.

Encouraging signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Claregaafan18

Would be concerned that Tiger is still losing a fair bit of height in his downswing. That cannot be good for his back long term. Even spite this, isn't it great to see Tiger's speed in his golf swing is back even if his distance control with his irons are a work in progress, understandable given the lack of golf he has played over the last number of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Chipping still looks very ropey. A shame to walk off with a bogey after such a good 3 wood approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

All things considered this is an amazing performance so far from Tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

One off the lead now. Go Tiger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Claregaafan18

Would be concerned that Tiger is still losing a fair bit of height in his downswing. That cannot be good for his back long term. Even spite this, isn't it great to see Tiger's speed in his golf swing is back even if his distance control with his irons are a work in progress, understandable given the lack of golf he has played over the last number of years.

Great to see Tiger's distance control improve during the round. Great shots at 10, 12 and now 14. Now 4 under, one off the lead. 4 holes to play.

It could be just a psychological thing with me. But , I'm not sure he looks comfortable.

He is at full speed - so you'd imagine he must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Is that scooter the hole in one prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Don't think we will know what condition he is in until next March or so this place was all similar talk this time last year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He looks in pretty decent shape. Swing looks good also. Loads of power. Putting is as good as ever. This idea resort course though so missing fairways means he's quite wild. Chipping is ropey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

I like the new Tiger. Good interview there.

great stuff.

I would worry about how hard he is swinging it.

He is swinging it hard, he can't help it. Its one of the two 'faults' he says he's battled with all his golfing life. Swinging too hard and death grip. Hard to believe for someone like him to have those two but they're his own words.

• Advertisement

He is swinging it hard, he can't help it. Its one of the two 'faults' he says he's battled with all his golfing life. Swinging too hard and death grip. Hard to believe for someone like him to have those two but they're his own words.

To be honest - I know how he feels. One time in my life I can relate to Tiger :D

Tried everything to swing easier - but just can't myself.

I think some golfers just have a tempo and to change it is very hard.

Maybe he was swinging a little slower with Foley ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I wonder if he's driving home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Wonder does his car still have a 7i sticking out of the back window?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

What I noticed the most is how aggressive he was with his full swing, almost recoiling after following through.
    The last few times he's returned he looked more tentative with an in to out plane, always trying to fade the ball.
    Well yesterday it was like the clock had been turned back 10 years.

Time will tell & we all expect him to breakdown at some stage but the thought of seeing T.Woods up a leader-board on the final day of a major gets my juices flowing.
    Love to see a head to head against Speith on the last nine at Augusta.
    Probably not going to happen but what potential.

He looked good there yesterday but like I said before I'll remain fearful something will happen. If he's still healthy and improving at the start of April I might be able to settle and just enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

All things considered that was a very very impressive first round. Having barely played competitive golf to go in against a stellar field and hold his own like that was brilliant. He had two 6's in there too on par 5's.

As much as I'd love to see him mix it up with the big guns at majors next year it's very early doors yet.
    First things first let's see can he back up yesterday's round today.

A tougher course with narrower fairways will be a much sterner test.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tommypepper

ForeRight wrote: »

As much as I'd love to see him mix it up with the big guns at majors next year it's very early doors yet.

He'll always have a chance at another Masters. Guys who played Augusta well usually continue to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

He can only play the course that hes on! Taught he was very impressive -3 for first competitive round in over a year come on lads! yes there was rust but still! and I'm not his biggest fan.. .. Most impressed with his power of the tee/driving. Im playing years till no where near it.. :D:(

Advertisement