Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

Tiger shot -1 in the Pro Am apparently.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on in a proper tournament i.e. with a cut and not on a resort course. He has a great record around the course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I can't wait to see it. I don't have high expectations. If he looks truly healthy and is simply back that alone would be a huge success. But I can't wait.

I dont know what it is. It's just more interesting watching Tiger playing a shot than anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

20 minutes into the featured groups coverage and we have our first parking lot clip. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Snap hook!!! Didn’t hold back anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Certainly wasn't a snap hook but it was left which reminds me of Tiger of old.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Its great watching The Cat prowling the fairways again. Some teeshot on 15

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

He's finished. Won't make the cut

A level par round on one of the most difficult courses on tour after nearly a year (discounting Hero) of not playing competitive golf can only be seen in a positive light.

• Advertisement

He hit a couple close but really he has not been playing well today. His driving wasn't good and he missed a lot of greens and not in the right spots. He had a pretty badish day. But he's level par. A pretty professional performance from someone away from the game for so long.

Tiger back to ways of old... swinging way too fast with the driver. All over the place today unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Cut currently at -1 he has a lot to do after that double bogey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

HighLine wrote: »
    Tiger back to ways off old... swinging way too fast with the driver. All over the place today unfortunately.

To be expected. He's being judged against a standard set a decade ago. He is now just an ordinary golfer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He's now +2 and 3 outside of the predicted cut. Tied 125th.

He's battling. 1 under now, might need another one although cut is currently at -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Testing two putt from 70 odd feet to make the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Magnificent. Simply magnificent. Boy this guy is good to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Can't imagine there was this much intrigue as Jack's powers faded, time waits for no man, I have no pity for him, a once great athlete, well rewarded.

At the moment he's in with -1. Fair play to grind that out on another day of bad driving.

On the bad driving... He's just hitting it too hard. All silky smooth on the range and when he plays for real he's trying to kill every shot.

Just three fairways made all day. Some scrambling.. maybe he should leave the driver at home tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

65 tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

The commentary is the worst part - just making excuses and saying how good he is going.. they are all scared of him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

A plus 40 year old man after having a few major surgeries on his back out playing professional golf is quiet an achievement in my opinion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He battled hard and made the cut. Fair dues.

Tiger ridiculously bad off the tee.. even by his standards. His short game though... very sharp!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

On the bad driving... He's just hitting it too hard. All silky smooth on the range and when he plays for real he's trying to kill every shot.

It's odd isn't it? They show him on the range and he's got a lovely smooth brisk swing... then on the course he's lashing at it like it's his ex-wife...
    The commentary is the worst part - just making excuses and saying how good he is going.. they are all scared of him..

It's actually sickening. The early commentary (selected groups coverage) over the first two days when it was just the American feed was nauseating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Chances are I wouldn't have watched any coverage over the first few days if Tiger wasn't playing, probably just Sunday. I could watch him all day so I love the wall to wall Tiger coverage.

Advertisement