Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

The GOAT is co-leader on -3. You've heard it here first, he'll win another 10 majors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

ThunderCat wrote: »
    The GOAT is co-leader on -3. You've heard it here first, he'll win another 10 majors!

Not anymore. Also the "GOAT" should find it more important to shout "fore" when his ball is headed straight into the crowd rather than "don't hit the cart path".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

HighLine wrote: »
    Not anymore. Also the "GOAT" should find it more important to shout "fore" when his ball is headed straight into the crowd rather than "don't hit the cart path".

I've changed my mind. He'll only win another 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Unreal distance

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

I've been watching it from the start and he's already shouted fore more times in this round than Justin Thomas has in his lifetime. I think Tiger in general is one of the better players at shouting fore. Maybe it's because he gets more practice than most.

• Advertisement

That putt was ridiculous wow

And on the previous hole, this shot was incredibly good.

https://twitter.com/Skratch/status/974322938546540544

Brilliant round of golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Took some bottle to cut his 4th shot over the water from the rough after he'd already hit one drive OB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That is what is great to see again too, he is actively attacking the shots and playing aggressively to get in position for birdies etc

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Raging Stenson is -8 and top of the leaderboard - just want to see Tiger up there.

Is it wrong to want Tiger to win even if it means beating all my favourite European players like Henrick and Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

10 years ago it would have been wrong to want Tiger to win..... but the new Tiger is awesome. The smiles and laughter. He's the champion we all want!

He's the champion the game wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I didn't see any of Rory yesterday, but delighted with his score.... Stenson turns it around after the disaster of last week; Big Phil back in the winner's circle; Rose in form; Reed in form; Justin Thomas sh*t-hot - and Tiger playing legitimately great golf...

Lads, genuine question - are we heading into the greatest Masters of all time?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    I didn't see any of Rory yesterday, but delighted with his score.... Stenson turns it around after the disaster of last week; Big Phil back in the winner's circle; Rose in form; Reed in form; Justin Thomas sh*t-hot - and Tiger playing legitimately great golf...

Lads, genuine question - are we heading into the greatest Masters of all time?? :eek:

With all the hype you just know Pat Perez will win it by 5 shots now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭Russman

Is it wrong to want Tiger to win even if it means beating all my favourite European players like Henrick and Rory.

Yes, it is :D

I'm used to seeing Tiger hook the opening tee shot with driver but that iron he just hit off the first was horrible. He will be in trouble if that continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I'm used to seeing Tiger hook the opening tee shot with driver but that iron he just hit off the first was horrible. He will be in trouble if that continues!

Hasn't really made a good swing yet. Early days. Just needs that one good swing that brings it all back together..... it's never happened to me, but I've heard good golfers say that! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Outrageous! The Tiger is back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Wasn't even shot of the day, Jimmy Walker hit a fantastic shot on the 16th from the trees to 6ft, on a par 5, missed the eagle putt though, and shot 74. Can't find it, someone else might be able to

Wasn't even shot of the day, Jimmy Walker hit a fantastic shot on the 16th from the trees to 6ft, on a par 5, missed the eagle putt though, and shot 74. Can't find it, someone else might be able to

Saw it. Difficulty level not even close to that shot Tiger hit out of the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Outrageous! The Tiger is back.

And so, unfortunately are his obnoxious fans.

McIroy and Justin Thomas among those who have had to put up with heckling on the course this week.

First Up wrote: »

McIroy and Justin Thomas among those who have had to put up with heckling on the course this week.

That's just Americans in general while watching golf not just fans of woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

jayo26 wrote: »
    First Up wrote: »

That's just Americans in general while watching golf not just fans of woods.
    No, Woods attracts an especially odious type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

How did that putt go in?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Tiger oob- guess that's it for this week. What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That'll end his charge this week anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

He really went after that drive as well, second swing so much smoother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Played well this week but probably that's the end of his run.

Advertisement