Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

This is taking way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

fullstop wrote: »
    Wasn't it you questioning why other players were being mentioned on there less than an hour ago? :rolleyes: love that you took the time to trawl through every post I made on the tread too, I'm flattered :)

Hours of effort alright, if only there was search function.:cool:

I have to say this is bizarre stuff

Who would have imagined Tiger would be anywhere near a major

Great putt after that delay, and then stiffs it to about 10 feet on the next....Tiger charge?

I have to say this is bizarre stuff

Who would have imagined Tiger would be anywhere near a major

Well based on The Open and how he played in a lot of other tournaments this year (albeit sometimes only for 3 days) Me!

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    Well based on The Open and how he played in a lot of other tournaments this year (albeit sometimes only for 3 days) Me!

Maybe he would play in your scramble then.

you and Tiger greebs against the world :D

Aww Tiger! :(
    You're off the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Shot dropped here surely

lawred2 wrote: »
    Shot dropped here surely

Was a great putt in fairness.

Add that to the one that sat on the lip earlier and it could be a very different leaderboard right now...

Was a great putt in fairness.

Add that to the one that sat on the lip earlier and it could be a very different leaderboard right now...

Some putt alright..

He's not far off the level required to start winning again..

• Advertisement

ohh hell yeah.

Soo....Ryder Cup?

Tiger will be very dangerous next year I reckon.

Ah ffs balls anyway

Then again, how mad is it that he has had chances to win the last 2 majors in the same year that he came back from a back fusion?

He really should have fused it a couple of years ago!

Then again, how mad is it that he has had chances to win the last 2 majors in the same year that he came back from a back fusion?

He really should have fused it a couple of years ago!

Well I guess I called it right again GreeBo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

If he can stay injury free you’d have to imagine he will sort that driver out in the coming months which will have well in the major hunt next year.

I’d have been surprised if he ever won a major again a few months back.

I’d be surprised now if he doesn’t win 2-3 more

Well I guess I called it right again GreeBo ;)

"again"?:confused:

Koepka to duff it 3 times and ball rolls back to his feet each time...

HE'S BACK!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

What a putt

He'll feel like he let it slip being the competitor he is but if he can stay injury free, we've got a good few years of tiger competing ahead of us.

I really didn't think we'd see it again to be honest

• Advertisement

Where will this put him in owgr?

51 coming into it...is Masters invite safe? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Anyone else finding it a bit emotional seeing him like this? I thought he was absolutely finished

Anyone else finding it a bit emotional seeing him like this? I thought he was absolutely finished

I'd say he is really loving the fact that his kids are getting to see him do his stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

What a scene walking off 18. If only he could have found a few fairways today.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1028775031449550848

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nice if he could pick up a win in the end of season tournaments it's great seen him back like this it an unbelievable achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

ForeRight wrote: »
    I’d be surprised now if he doesn’t win 2-3 more

Bit of a stretch, he's playing really well, but I've seen some people think he might now surpass Nicklaus's record etc.

I think beating Sam Snead's record, if he stays fit, is the more realistic one of the two.

He's got a 3-4 year window to add whatever he can. But despite his great year, he hasn't won anything yet (although he's come close), peak Woods was winning 8 tournaments a year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The Man

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Bit of a stretch, he's playing really well, but I've seen some people think he might now surpass Nicklaus's record etc.

I think beating Sam Snead's record, if he stays fit, is the more realistic one of the two.

He's got a 3-4 year window to add whatever he can. But despite his great year, he hasn't won anything yet (although he's come close), peak Woods was winning 8 tournaments a year.

Not really - his first year back after many years of being incapacitated and has already been in the mix on the Sunday of two majors.

All the parts of the game are coming together again.

And what's never left him is that bloody minded determination to win.

If he can stay without injury - I'd be surprised to not see him a few majors.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He has surprised many, including myself.

Still don't like him much as a human being but that's not overly important.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

lawred2 wrote: »
    Not really - his first year back after many years of being incapacitated and has already been in the mix on the Sunday of two majors.

All the parts of the game are coming together again.

And what's never left him is that bloody minded determination to win.

If he can stay without injury - I'd be surprised to not see him a few majors.

The biggest problem Woods has to overcome is his competitors.

There is an incredibly strong era for professional golf and even if he gets back close to his best he can't count on someone else not being able to get the better of him which has happened in the last 2 majors.

Also the players are not afraid of him anymore, 15 years ago a charge like he had in the last 2 majors on the final day might have been enough to spook some players and for him to get the win however Molinari and Koepka weren't really affected by him at all.

Advertisement