Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

RyyzZdl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That second chip after the first one came back to his feet was something else

davo10 wrote: »
    I'd like to see him go head-to-head with Rory

^ From the very first post in the thread in 2015

Took a while but he finally got his wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

NDWC wrote: »
    ^ From the very first post in the thread in 2015

Took a while but he finally got his wish!

Unfortunately no one told Rory!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice spit and then no Fore :D

Classy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Amazing how quiet this thread is now after he eventually gets the win as opposed to a year ago where there was a post after every good swing he made!

That's some comeback by Woods, suffice to say the jury is no longer out. That's some way to end the year and get the win he has deserved over the last few months.

Many, myself included, and himself included judging by his comments, thought his career was all but done about 18 months ago. Wherever he goes from here, and no reason to think that he can't stay competitive for another couple of years, what he has achieved this year is remarkable. Hats off to the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

That was nice to watch lads. He's back. Jack Nicklaus might be wondering now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Someone check in and see is Firstup ok

That was nice to watch lads. He's back. Jack Nicklaus might be wondering now...

I'm sorry to put a downer on it

But my gut feeling is - that Tiger's body will not hold out long enough

I'd be happy with him winning a major or two.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to put a downer on it

But my gut feeling is - that Tiger's body will not hold out long enough

I'd be happy with him winning a major or two.

True, he might run out of time, but its a possibility again. First week of April the hype will be epic.

True, he might run out of time, but its a possibility again. First week of April the hype will be epic.

He has had multiple surgeries on his back and is still swinging it like he is in his 20s

It just doesn't add up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

He has had multiple surgeries on his back and is still swinging it like he is in his 20s

It just doesn't add up

I'm sure the best surgeons money can buy were commissioned.

backspin. wrote: »
    I'm sure the best surgeons money can buy were commissioned.

yes but it is just hard to understand how it will hold out under a pro schedule

and his swing speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

ForeRight wrote: »
    I doubt it,most of us are tiger fans but all of us are golf fans, Firstup dislikes tiger, most of us wish he didnt comment at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

agusta wrote: »
    I doubt it,most of us are tiger fans but all of us are golf fans, Firstup is tiger hater, most of us wish he didnt comment at all.

Maybe we could get all the tiger fans to move the big rock firstup is hiding under

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

ForeRight wrote: »
    Maybe we could get all the tiger fans to move the big rock firstup is hiding under
    I doubt it.And if firstup gets his own fans to move the rock,they wont budge it. Fitting end to the year.i made a few bob on it,never lost faith.Class is permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Well done Tiger. You won it yourself.

I've watched a lot of golf on TV in the last 20 years but that was right up there. What an achievement, the scenes on the 18th were epic. Great stuff.

yes but it is just hard to understand how it will hold out under a pro schedule

and his swing speed

Its a bit of a miracle but there are two reasons why that wouldn't worry me too much. First thing is he said himself there is a misconception about his back injuries to begin with. It was never the full swing that hurt him. It was the endless hours of chipping and putting standing bent over.
    The other thing is medical advances are being made all the time. When I was playing soccer as a young guy when you had an ACL rupture that was you done for good, end of career. Now the fella next door who fell off a bike gets this procedure done and footballers just have a 6 months break and they're back. Ibrahimovic just had one age 37 and he got it done and can play again.

I dont think he intends to return to a full schedule but after this season I'm hopeful we have a few more years of proper Tiger left. Majors and the big ones anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I’m a huge Tiger fan so delighted last night but I do hope we see old Ryder Cup Tiger this week and not this current new one....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

ForeRight wrote:

I'm grand thanks. No problem with credit - or hype - when its deserved.

Didn't see it unfortunately as I'm travelling and no access to TV coverage but it was emotional and must have been good theatre.

Hats off to Tiger for crowning his comeback in style. His dedication and determination puts some others to shame and he deserves all the plaudits.

Sets up the Ryder Cup nicely too.

801a244f6f23ae793ed9142311d9ee8f.jpg

There's a lot to like about that photo, not too many bunched around Rory at the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 diegocosta99

His golf was flawless. Unbelievable performance. He just needs to work on his ability to dredge up a few tears. It wasn't for the want of trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

Greatest comeback ever after george formby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

slave1 wrote: »
    801a244f6f23ae793ed9142311d9ee8f.jpg

Where's Wally?

I've never been a fan of his, but have to say where he's come from to get back to winning on the PGA is phenomenal. Can he sustain it? That's where the tv company's are rubbing their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭Russman

I've never been a fan of his, but have to say where he's come from to get back to winning on the PGA is phenomenal.

I'd tend to agree with this tbh. Never been a fan and probably unlikely to ever be one, but its an achievement all the same, and genuinely great to see him pain free, healthy and able to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    Greatest comeback ever after george formby

Since Lazarus

Advertisement