Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Butch on Tiger's win "The most amazing win he has ever had". Sure what would he know.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsGolf/status/1044949813874364418

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Tiger gave Andrew Coltaert a present of a Ryder Cup belt on the range today. The buckle had the European flag on it. The other end had '3 & 2' printed on it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

GreeBo wrote: »
    And Tiger also had all year to find that feel and didn't magically manage to find it until the final tournament.

People study logic, statistics and probability for a reason.

The guy who went from 668th after the Hero to 13th after the Tour Championship didnt find it until the final tournament? :rolleyes:
    Nice shifting of the goalposts as ever. You were talking specifically about winning in case you’ve forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Tiger gave Andrew Coltaert a present of a Ryder Cup belt on the range today. The buckle had the European flag on it. The other end had '3 & 2' printed on it. :D

Clearly a set up by sky... tiger had feck all to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Nice shifting of the goalposts as ever. You were talking specifically about winning in case you’ve forgotten

We were comparing Spieth who has had a terrible season to Tiger who had a great season culminating in a win, to show that the top 30 are the guys who played well pretty much all year, guys like Tiger and guys unlike Spieth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

"The Match" sounds like a bit of a joke. https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/2018/10/11/tiger-woods-phil-mickelson-match-not-open-public/?utm_campaign=golf-com&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_golf
    The $9 million winner-take-all, pay-per-view event, which is being dubbed as “The Match,” will not have any tickets available to the public and will reportedly only be open to sponsors and VIP guests

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

How will the great man do in Augusta?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

He's doing alright. It will be tough today. Molinari is not going to give anything away and there are countless other top players around who could go low. He'll need his A game and I really hope he'll do it. It would be epic, an incredible story. Come on Tiger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

The greatest ever - what a comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Absolutely overjoyed!!!!!

What a comeback and what a player!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Just brilliant, what a competitor.
    Nobody else would have even tried to comeback from what he has gone through never mind completing it.

The balls on that guy!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

The balls on that guy!! :)

Balls like a Bengali Tiger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Jesus he nearly gave me a heart attack when he raced the putt a foot and a half by on 18 :eek:

Without a doubt the best day I've had as a golf fan

Reading articles like this tonight is great for a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

NDWC wrote: »
    Reading articles like this tonight is great for a laugh

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :D

Projected 6th in the new world rankings. To see him back at number 1 would be insane

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I would think most people would say he won't be back fully until he wins a major.
      12-08-13-tiger-reax-to-zj-holeout.gif

1. Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

A few great stats about his win here
      11: Woods won what could easily be argued as the most competitive Masters in tournament history as there were 11 players who finished at 10 under par or better. The next closest Masters to have that many players at 10 under or better was in 2011, Charl Schwartzel’s win, when six players accomplished the feat (including Woods).

This one is most impressive for me

2. Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

He beat a top field with many of them playing well...very impressive

3. Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

He doesn’t move the needle, he is the needle!

The greatest of all time.

4. Advertisement
    5. Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

GreeBo wrote: »
      He beat a top field with many of them playing well...very impressive

Some will argue that the masters is too easy to win because theres only about 90 players. Not like a regular week with a full field.

6. Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Panrich wrote: »
      Some will argue that the masters is too easy to win because theres only about 90 players. Not like a regular week with a full field.

I can only pray that this is a wind up

7. Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

NDWC wrote: »
      I can only pray that this is a wind up

Read back a few pages about his win in the tour championship for the reason.

8. Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Read back a few pages about his win in the tour championship for the reason.

Apologies I thought that's what you were implying yourself!

Oh you can be sure some people will argue that alright.

The same people that said he had to win to prove he was really back.

Then it changed to he had to win a major.

Now it'll be he has to win a major and beat the world's top 10 with an albatross in an 11 man playoff.

9. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

Nike had this one ready to milk it obviously.

Fair enough considering that they stuck by him when the others dropped him like a hot snot back in late 2009

10. Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tiger15

No,just you talking rubbish

11. Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Can someone confirm to me Tiger's 2019 official results? I've got:

Hero World Challenge - T15
      Farmers Insurance Open - T20
      Genesis Open - T15
      WGC-Mexico Championship - T10
      The Players Championship - T30
      The Masters - 1st

His own website doesn't list the Farmers Insurance Open but he did play in it.

The Hero World Challenge was played in November-December, why is that listed as an official 2019 result?

12. Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The Hero World Challenge was played in November-December, why is that listed as an official 2019 result?

The PGA tour has a "wraparound" season now so the 2019 season started around mid October 2018 I believe. That's likely the reason

13. Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Tiger15 wrote: »
      No,just you talking rubbish

He was referring to previous posts in the thread, inferring that others would believe that rubbish, rather than thinking it himself

14. Advertisement
    15. Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Oh yeah I forgot about that one...its Farmers or nothing really.

Advertisement